DIY arcade "cabinet" - Dumb idea?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Spit 5 Ace
stubby
stubby

Re: DIY arcade "cabinet" - Dumb idea?

Postby Spit 5 Ace » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:55 pm

I thought it was a coin op clothes washer.
Robotron, Defender, Stargate, PacMan, Galaga, Centipede, SpaceWar, Computer Space, Warlords CT, Avenger (Defender Clone), Twilight Zone pin, Drag Race.

There are 10 types of people in this forum.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:59 pm

Spit 5 Ace wrote:I thought it was a coin op clothes washer.

Nah.....that one is in this older thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27181&p=238900#p238900
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

stayjacked1
stubby
stubby

Postby stayjacked1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

If you like it that's all that matters man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D2K,DKJR,DK3,VS.DR.MARIO,TETRIS,BURGERTIME,MAD PLANETS,MULTI TAITO,MS PAC UPRIGHT,MS PAC COCKTAIL,VBALL,MULTI NAOMI UPRIGHT,NAOMI UPRIGHT VT1

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: DIY arcade

Postby jasonec » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:07 pm

stayjacked1 wrote:If you like it that's all that matters man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! :D
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:21 pm

jasonec wrote:
Spit 5 Ace wrote:I thought it was a coin op clothes washer.

Nah.....that one is in this older thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27181&p=238900#p238900

You have to win to get your laundry out :D

Spit 5 Ace
stubby
stubby

Postby Spit 5 Ace » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 pm

They're getting smarter with their use of steering wheels...
Robotron, Defender, Stargate, PacMan, Galaga, Centipede, SpaceWar, Computer Space, Warlords CT, Avenger (Defender Clone), Twilight Zone pin, Drag Race.

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 pm

Spit 5 Ace wrote:They're getting smarter with their use of steering wheels...

Yeah, they are using one from a boat.
Neo-Geo Big Red - 520in1 - 21" CRT
HS-5 -NBA JAM TE/MVS4 - 25" CRT
RadMobile - Upright Multi-Racer/Fighter - 19" LCD
2x PS2, 2x 27" CRT, TimeCrisis II/III iLink Co-Op Shooter
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:42 am

theyangman wrote:well this is not how arguments on the interwebz are supposed to work.....

What are we here? Adults?

I was expecting more mud slinging and entertainment.

pffft.

Unsubbed.

I struggled with this as I wrote my reply. I was thinking should I continue to make this thread interesting? or should I save a bit of face so I can continue to be a member of this forum in good standing... Well My desire to buy people's PCBs (and in the future a candy cab perhaps) forced me to calm things down and not destroy my social standing.

I just joined here recently, and I typically have spent most of my forum time at neo-geo.com where the slogan is "come for teh gamez, stay for teh drama". That place is a little more confrontational than here, so I'm chalking it up to cyber-cultural differences. - but when in Rome right?
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:49 am

c0nn0r wrote:
theyangman wrote:well this is not how arguments on the interwebz are supposed to work.....

pffft.

Unsubbed.

I struggled with this as I wrote my reply. I was thinking should I continue to make this thread interesting? or should I save a bit of face so I can continue to be a member of this forum in good standing... Well My desire to buy people's PCBs (and in the future a candy cab perhaps) forced me to calm things down and not destroy my social standing.

I just joined here recently, and I typically have spent most of my forum time at neo-geo.com where the slogan is "come for teh gamez, stay for teh drama". That place is a little more confrontational than here, so I'm chalking it up to cyber-cultural differences. - but when in Rome right?

I'm just messing with you man. We all gotta start somewhere and if this gets you into the hobby full time then more power to you. We all can't start off buying our grail cabinets and games.

Good thing you didn't fire back, never goes well for the new guy. (and I'm pretty new myself)

Every forum is going to have senior members who all have known each other and dealt with each other for a long time especially when they are in a concentrated geographical location like this board seems to be. And it can seem like an old boys club that's hard to break into but all the guys I've dealt with so far have been super helpful and easy to deal with. Enjoy your stay, you can learn lots and score some great deals!

Best of luck with your setup. Post pics of your rig when after you polish it up a bit.
I want more games...

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 am

theyangman wrote:
c0nn0r wrote:

pffft.

Unsubbed.

I'm just messing with you man. We all gotta start somewhere and if this gets you into the hobby full time then more power to you. We all can't start off buying our grail cabinets and games.

Good thing you didn't fire back, never goes well for the new guy. (and I'm pretty new myself)

Every forum is going to have senior members who all have known each other and dealt with each other for a long time especially when they are in a concentrated geographical location like this board seems to be. And it can seem like an old boys club that's hard to break into but all the guys I've dealt with so far have been super helpful and easy to deal with. Enjoy your stay, you can learn lots and score some great deals!

Best of luck with your setup. Post pics of your rig when after you polish it up a bit.

Seeing as this forums members actively collect arcade cabs and game, it was a nice change to see someone with a level head post here..
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:29 am

Since you wanted a shot of my.homemade time crisis trilogy cab

image upload free
image hosting 15mb

windows 7 screenshot

Last pic had a flash so the homemadeness really stands ourlt
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:53 am

trueno92 wrote:Since you wanted a shot of my.homemade time crisis trilogy cab

image upload free
image hosting 15mb

windows 7 screenshot

Last pic had a flash so the homemadeness really stands ourlt

Holy shit, that is awesome! Are those running arcade hardware, or is this on linked playstation? Flippin' awesome! I'd love to play a few rounds on that.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Spit 5 Ace
stubby
stubby

Postby Spit 5 Ace » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:01 am

I wondered who stole the lights from under my Jetta.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”