Cap kit wells gardner k4903

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Re: Cap kit wells gardner k4903

Postby scoltx » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Electronic Federation wrote:Yeah there is nothing like next day service if I order before 2pm I get it next day! My last order was re filling all of my electrolytic cases and i got like 400 caps! Plus a bunch of polys for a few tube radio restorations and I remember thinking, man it doesn't take much to make me happy, a few caps and a pile of work to do!.....

The parametric search engine can be a bit daunting at first but easy to navagate once you get used to it. And free next day Ship over 200 bucks. I wish they carried more vintage stuff like Sprague orange drops or even just some type of poly in all sizes for tube stuff and you didn't he to pay a premium. But for monitors you can get it all or a suitable cross for ICs

Electronic repair services
Servicing most monitor chassis
Sanwa, Wells, Sanyo, Sharp
cpurepair@rogers.com
for more info!

Just Radios in Scarborough may be of interest to you if you haven't heard of them already. Cap and resistor kits (not crt specific mind you). I've ordered various caps and resistors from him for tube guitar amps. I personally have disliked DigiKey and Mouser ordering, great stuff, just daunting as you mentioned.

http://www.justradios.com

twinotter

Postby twinotter » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:21 am

The fix for the sparks, and heat smell was cleaning the anode and ensuring a proper connection.

Now I have a wide white horizontal line in the middle of the screen. I tried adjusting the picture bit no success.

Anyone have any ideas?

menace
stubby
stubby

Postby menace » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Assuming your monitor is oriented as a horizontal display you have a vertical collapse. Chances are one of your chips or transistors has gone. Might need the services of someone beyond doing a capkit
Working: Mame
Pins: Stargate, Star Wars, Virtual pin
Wanted: money and time

tribasic
timbit
timbit

Postby tribasic » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 pm

I recently replaced the capacitors for the monitor in my New Astro City cab. When I finished replacing the capacitors I had a white horizontal line. Luckily in my case a simple reflow of the solder fixed my problem. I'm not sure which component had cracked solder joints, but I reflowed the solder on the vertical IC and some resistors and capacitors that were supposed to be related to the vertical screen size. After doing that it was fine for me.

twinotter

Postby twinotter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:38 am

I will give it a shot, before I replaced the caps I had full screen picture. The picture wasn't clear at all but I at least had a picture.

tribasic
timbit
timbit

Postby tribasic » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:27 pm

I hope it works for you.

When I fixed my monitor, I had a full screen picture before replacing the capacitors too. So hopefully you just have a cracked solder joint or a bad trace.

Good luck!!

twinotter

Postby twinotter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:03 pm

I tried what had worked for you, unfortunately no luck for me. I reflowed all the components that a flow chart suggested. The flow chart was specifically for that problem.

I also used my DMM to check the traces..all good.

menace
stubby
stubby

Postby menace » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:13 am

Any caps go in backwards? I'm embarrassed to say I have done that lol
Working: Mame
Pins: Stargate, Star Wars, Virtual pin
Wanted: money and time

twinotter

Postby twinotter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:25 pm

I checked all the caps for proper orientation. Reflowed header pins, ic, and the caps that have to do with the vertical.

I will check for cracked solder joints on the neck board before i look into replacing components.

I have also attached a picture of what is going on

20160807_105841-480x853.jpg
20160807_105841-480x853.jpg (100.55 KiB) Viewed 4377 times

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”