Silver Strike Help!!!

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Silver Strike Help!!!

Postby theyangman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:58 am

So I'm in the process restoring a Silver Strike cabinet. I purchased Silver Strike live complete kit from eBay that came with the matching CID board as well as the io board and Nighthawk computer. The cellar claims that everything was working prior to shipping and I trust with the amount of feedback that he had he is a trustworthy seller more than likely any errors at this point are my fault.

So I hooked up the I/O board to the Nighthawk via USB. The the io board is connected via Jamma. The CID board is also hooked up by USB. When I plug the power cord into the Nighthawk and fire it up a green light turns on the motherboard within the Nighthawk but I get no picture. None of the fans come on either within the Nighthawk. Initially I thought the power supply might be bad so I swapped it with the power supply in my Golden Tee live 2016 machine and it fired up my GT just fine. So I've eliminated the power supply being the issue. But I'm not sure where I'm going wrong from here.

I've included a video of what I've hooked up so far. If you can see something that is hooked up incorrectly please let me know I'm pretty anxious to get this up and running ASAP. Thanks guys, hope somebody can help me!!!

https://youtu.be/FMvtLwLA7sc

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I want more games...

brad808
toonie
toonie

Re: Silver Strike Help!!!

Postby brad808 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 am

I realize this probably won't be the case considering the style of computer but it looks to be exhibiting the behavior of a motherboard that hasn't been switched on.... So uh is there a power switch pin that needs to be shorted on mobo? The only reason I suggest that is in case there is a BIOS option to not boot from a power loss. Also it isn't trying to boot at all and giving error messages.

Pete
stubby
stubby

Postby Pete » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Desperate question but here goes!

Does anybody have a silver strike live machine? I need a copy of your hard drive.... The hard drive on mine is fubar'd

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I want more games...

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”