For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

aerostarz
stubby
stubby

WG K4700 25 inch no power blowing fuses

Postby aerostarz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Hey guys,

My Neo Geo monitor has no neck glow and is blowing the 3.15ml short fuse.

I had 3 extra fuses marked "315L" and they blew without showing any visual signs. I buzzed them out to test continuity.

I cant find the full repair manual for this manual, and was looking for the help with anyone who has a Randy From flow chart. I could only find this http://gc339.free.fr/NoticesMoniteurs/Hantarex/Polo/POLO.FlowChart.jpg this is not the right monitor but could use a link or some help please.

Monitor Identification:

WG board is a P763-K and chassis board is labelled as 054A7401-029.
I compared my board to BoB Roberts site and matched the WGK4700 pics.

Basically my troubleshooting has lead me to the KLOV basics:

1.No power or neck glow, but AC is coming in.

2. No Hissing sound, which is common for a bad flyback. Flyback looks real clean with no cracks. The whole monitor and boards are really really clean.

3. Blowing fuses so i have a short. My friend has stated that the 3.15 short fuse is most likely a manufacture labeling defect, as it should be 315ml fuse.

a. It is probably a bad HOT? This is my weak area.

b. I need to check the flyback (I don't see any cracks and it looks really clean)

c. Or transistor though in rarer cases it could be a bad cap, diode or resistor.

I have not removed the board and flyback yet from the monitor, will do so tomorrow after it discharges.

thanks
Pins: Popeye, JD, DM, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, RS.. just need IJ
Vids: Asteroids Deluxe,Tron,Battle Zone,Neo Geo 4,Centipede,Fix it Felix, SF 2,Space Duel,Major Havoc,World Class Bowling Deluxe,Radikal Biker,Golden Tee,Sega Super GT,Rampage,Cosmic Avengers

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:11 am

I have the wells gardner manual for 19 k4601-19 k4656 with scematics if thats handy let me know

Id try putting a good chassis on tube to see if tube dead since no neck glow and making sure transformer good and connected and is doing its job properly to not damage good chassis

also put suspect chassis on a good tube to rule out while making sure issolation transformer power block being used :wink:

menace
stubby
stubby

Postby menace » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:10 am

I had a wells 25" doing the same thing and it was a bad flyback (it to was shiny and clean..)--I think it might have been a k7000 though...pull the HOT and check it ==if its blown i'd give the flyback the stink eye...
Working: Mame
Pins: Stargate, Star Wars, Virtual pin
Wanted: money and time

aerostarz
stubby
stubby

Postby aerostarz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:45 am

menace wrote:I had a wells 25" doing the same thing and it was a bad flyback (it to was shiny and clean..)--I think it might have been a k7000 though...pull the HOT and check it ==if its blown i'd give the flyback the stink eye...

Hey menace,
I realized last night i think i have a 25 inch K7000 and not a K4700.
This monitor is a bit challenging in determining what model it is.

When you say "pull the Hot" what are you referering to?
I have changed flybacks in the past.

Also can you confirm what fuse you are using?

The orginal fuse pulled was 3.15amp but my fuses that were blowing was 315. Maybe a manufacturign defect.

thanks

Sean
Pins: Popeye, JD, DM, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, RS.. just need IJ
Vids: Asteroids Deluxe,Tron,Battle Zone,Neo Geo 4,Centipede,Fix it Felix, SF 2,Space Duel,Major Havoc,World Class Bowling Deluxe,Radikal Biker,Golden Tee,Sega Super GT,Rampage,Cosmic Avengers

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”