Cabarets?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

trenog

Postby trenog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:23 am

jasonec wrote:It sort of looks like a factory version given the look of the top, t-molding, side art and speaker grills in the front.....never seen anything like it.

I know this thing. I was obsessed with it for a little while back some time ago. It's a Jaleco Lo-Pro. A universal cab of sorts cause you could easily rotate the monitor and had a swappable control panel.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Omg - that is cool - and the control panel and board assembly comes out the front like a Dynamo cab for easy servicing!
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

trenog

Postby trenog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:18 am

jasonec wrote:Omg - that is cool - and the control panel and board assembly comes out the front like a Dynamo cab for easy servicing!

Yeah...If someone could measure out the cab in it's entirely so that mass cnc jobs could be made up that'd be aces.

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:40 pm

I'd be happy to measure it out, unless someone with more skill and experience would like to.

monkeybug
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby monkeybug » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:55 pm

ancientgames wrote:I think cabarets were intended more for restaurants or a small business that didn't want to use up alot of realestate but wanted some of the action when things were hopping. Similarily cocktails fit the bar scene/restaurants.

That was my understanding as well. Cocktail and cabaret games were trying to fill in niche areas and not the standard arcade venues. Restaurants, bars, grocery stores and retail areas like Sears.

After going through many games, I have one left and its a cabaret! Great footprint for those of us with limited space. There is no way I could fit a full sized game into my RV.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:14 am

monkeybug wrote:
ancientgames wrote:I think cabarets were intended more for restaurants or a small business that didn't want to use up alot of realestate but wanted some of the action when things were hopping. Similarily cocktails fit the bar scene/restaurants.

That was my understanding as well. Cocktail and cabaret games were trying to fill in niche areas and not the standard arcade venues. Restaurants, bars, grocery stores and retail areas like Sears.

After going through many games, I have one left and its a cabaret! Great footprint for those of us with limited space. There is no way I could fit a full sized game into my RV.

Back in the 80s, I remember seeing a lot of cabarets in convenience stores in Cambridge, a lot of cocktails in bars and pizza parlours, and a mix of full-sized uprights and cabarets in local arcades.
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Just 2 weeks ago I took my williams mini robotron into a cnc shop for measuring and a quote. With a minimum order of 20 the cost was approx $250 flat packed and assembled the quoted $275.

The williams mini only came out as stargate, robotron and make trax. Guys love them and have made them into dedicated jousts and sinistar. Even stencils are available for them at gameongraphix.

There are alot of little wood parts in this cab which is the reason for the high cost. Also the cost included the cabs laminated with a smooth black. Something you could easily stick side art on. I figured it was too much so I wasn't planning on doing it in the new year.

Mike

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:43 pm

ancientgames wrote:Just 2 weeks ago I took my williams mini robotron into a cnc shop for measuring and a quote. With a minimum order of 20 the cost was approx $250 flat packed and assembled the quoted $275.

The williams mini only came out as stargate, robotron and make trax. Guys love them and have made them into dedicated jousts and sinistar. Even stencils are available for them at gameongraphix.

There are alot of little wood parts in this cab which is the reason for the high cost. Also the cost included the cabs laminated with a smooth black. Something you could easily stick side art on. I figured it was too much so I wasn't planning on doing it in the new year.

Mike

I must admit, Williams cabarets are among the coolest looking....
There was also a Bubbles cabaret too (http://bubblestribute.com/Images/Collectors/bubbles-mini-view.jpg).

flatfeemls

Best flat fee mls listing service chicago

Postby flatfeemls » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:54 pm

opt2not
loonie
loonie

Postby opt2not » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:01 am

Yeah the Williams Cabarets are perfect. My Robotron's a beauty:

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Subpacket » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:24 pm

$250 is a steal. and already laminated? take my money!!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

stayjacked1
stubby
stubby

Postby stayjacked1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:26 pm

I see a mini multi Williams in my future !!
D2K,DKJR,DK3,VS.DR.MARIO,TETRIS,BURGERTIME,MAD PLANETS,MULTI TAITO,MS PAC UPRIGHT,MS PAC COCKTAIL,VBALL,MULTI NAOMI UPRIGHT,NAOMI UPRIGHT VT1

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Yeah, I'm totally in for one too if it pans out - a multi-Williams mini would totally rock!

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Do you guys seriously want me to go back? I have to commit to a minimum order of 20 and I can't afford to float that order and hope they sell. Plus I don't have the room to store them. I was hoping to make 5 or so but for a large company its barely worth the time. Their hoping I order more after the 20 and say the price would drop a little for future orders. I know they are mini's...but I can barely move in my garage as it is.

I had talked to someone here about doing it but I think that died.

Mike
Last edited by ancientgames on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carrman
timbit
timbit

Postby Carrman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:27 pm

I'd like one please! Now we just need 18 more people!

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”