Postby scogon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:56 pm

How did you get an Egret 29?

What's the stock monitor on those?

nestafari
timbit
timbit

Postby nestafari » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:11 pm

It s a nanao ms8.
I ve found a a did that imports cab from USA ;)
Looking for ANY taito egret 29 candy cab parts + ashtrays + seats AND game boy games - gargoyle quest and more

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:11 pm

Wow, I thought I had the only Egret 29 in Canada. Mind. Blown.

@ scogon: The standard monitor in an Egret 29 is a Nanao 29" dual res low/medium. Nice unit :) I picked up a spare a few years ago with light burn for free from a board member in Toronto. They're pretty sweet, but it's a BITCH to get em out! I need to cap mine and honestly, I'm not even sure how to remove the damned thing.
"This isn't a bar fight. Have some class." - Alucard
- Castlevania (Netflix)

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Yeah Maxlords, I was shocked... So 2 Egret 29s and I know of 2 Egret 2s... So cool

Is the screen curve the same on the MS8 and MS9? Would the bezel fit be a problem/concern?

Nick.... Sorry for the thread hijack!

opt2not
loonie
loonie

Postby opt2not » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:05 pm

He also got that Egret 29 for $60. :shock:

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:35 pm

scogon wrote:Yeah Maxlords, I was shocked... So 2 Egret 29s and I know of 2 Egret 2s... So cool

Is the screen curve the same on the MS8 and MS9? Would the bezel fit be a problem/concern?

Nick.... Sorry for the thread hijack!

Thread split! No worries!

As for the bezel, the screen curve doesn't matter too much, as the bezel for the screen is held on by two set screws at the bottom of the monitor cowling and only rests loosely above the monitor surface. It would have to be a pretty extreme shift to make a difference. I can show you some pictures if you'd like.

@ opt (and by extension, nestafari): SERIOUSLY?!?! Holy gods....that's insane! You don't even want to know what mine cost me! Does it have the marquee holder and ashtrays too???
- Castlevania (Netflix)

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Subpacket » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:48 am

.. spend the money and buy that special japanese screwdriver. Its worth every penny. I had to rip my unit apart to move it down the stairs, and did a cap kit while it was in pieces. that screwdriver is gold.

http://www.amazon.com/Hozan-JIS-5-JIS-Screwdriver-Gen/dp/B003F63WI8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1412603309&sr=8-2&keywords=JIS+screwdriver
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:35 am

Wow! That might be the set I need to take apart my marquee holder and replace the fluorescent bulb! Thanks Subbie!
- Castlevania (Netflix)

nestafari
timbit
timbit

Postby nestafari » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:11 pm

OK OK don't get mad dudes..
Let me tell you the little story..

Once upon a time I ve post an add on kijiji. I was looking for arcade cabinet. One week later I received an email from a dude that lives in rimouski.. 500k from Montreal and he told me about that egret29.

The thing is that the cab is actually in a bad shape..

Pics :

....but before that I want you to know that I m looking for a monitor, the front door, the back door ,the metal plate control panel overlay, the marquee... and a way to restore it. Thanks for advice's.

Actually I have issues sending pics from my phone..will do it tomorrow..

I know I m a dickhead, later

PS is it he screwdriver for the weird starhead screws everywhere on the cab? If yes that s awesome.

@warlocks ;) can I have a pic of your egret 29? And will you pleas tell me how much that cost? Thank you
Looking for ANY taito egret 29 candy cab parts + ashtrays + seats AND game boy games - gargoyle quest and more

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Subpacket » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:17 am

There are a couple on there

Security Torx

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Screwdrivers-And-Bits/33-pc-Combo-Security-Insert-Bit-Set/2920704.p

If you dont have a princess auto near you, they ship. Or I can ship. They have a nice set that goes on sale for $5 ish.

JIS screw

http://www.amazon.com/Hozan-D-332-100-Ball-Grip-Screwdriver/dp/B000W9N09M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1412691595&sr=8-4&keywords=jis+screwdriver
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Subpacket » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:20 am

You can use the JIS to take out philips screws, but DONT use philips screwdriver to take out JIS.

regalboy
timbit
timbit

Postby regalboy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:05 pm

I'm blown away that people have Egrets of any kind in Canada. Blown away and totally jealous.

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Subpacket » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:55 pm

you can say we have no....

rEgrets about it...

scbadboy
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scbadboy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm

princess auto has a full security bit set for pretty cheap too.
Own: Chexx Hockey Canada vs. Russia, xxxx-in-1 in showcase cab, Bally Motordome

For all your arcade needs visit Multicade Canada http://www.multicade.ca

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Subbie....I have the right bits, but they're deep set into the case....normal security bits on an extension wont work due to the diameter of the driver connector. You need a security screwdriver with a bit like that built in, not an interchangeable one. Have never seen one before :(

@ nestafari:

I got my Egret shipped to me out of L.A. A friend of mine in San Francisco picked it up in L.A., crated it for me, and sent it to me via Forward Air to Detroit. I drove down to Detroit and picked it up and drove it back to SW Ontario. The cab cost me $500 and the shipping was another $250, but that was quite some time ago. I paid another $60 or 70 for the ashtrays and $75 for the red Egret 29 marquee light cover which fell off and was lost during shipping. All prices in USD. Mine came with the marquee holder. The cab's in pretty solid shape.
- Castlevania (Netflix)

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”