Post your high-scores

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, Katarak

CongoBongo
Site Admin
Site Admin

READ FIRST: High Scores "How to Post"

Postby CongoBongo » Wed May 25, 2005 1:38 am

To create a game to keep a high scores list:

Create a new topic with the game name hyphen system like "Donkey Kong - ColecoVision" you can leave you thoughts in the message body but not your score!

To capture a score:

Post a reply to the original topic and put your score (only) in the Subject field and capture any thoughts in the mesage body.

If you wish to make a comment, leave the reply Subject field blank.

You will notice that if you replay by doing "quote" of a previous message and RE: "subject" subject will be created.. make sure this is removed.
Last edited by CongoBongo on Tue May 31, 2005 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

misspent_youth
stubby
stubby

Postby misspent_youth » Wed May 25, 2005 2:10 am

I'm guessing that any constraints should go in the body of the initial post, such as level selection (for colecovision, for example), or cheat limitations. Alternatively, maybe it should be a set of conventions applicable to all games (i.e. no cheats, easiest level selected, etc.) posted in this topic. Feel free to delete this post once the concerns are addressed.

CongoBongo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CongoBongo » Wed May 25, 2005 2:14 am

I think those are good points. For me one global constraint should be no emulation and no cheats. Any other constraints should go in the original post.

RayB
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby RayB » Wed May 25, 2005 2:44 am

photographic proof?

dr. morbis
loonie
loonie

Postby dr. morbis » Wed May 25, 2005 3:31 am

CongoBongo wrote:I think those are good points. For me one global constraint should be no emulation and no cheats. Any other constraints should go in the original post.

I agree with no emulation for home consoles, but is MAME allowed for Arcade games? For example, let's say I want to compete in the Puzzle Bobble MVS thread but don't have Neo Geo cab. Is MAME yay or nay?

Katarak
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Katarak » Wed May 25, 2005 3:37 am

dr. morbis wrote:
CongoBongo wrote:I think those are good points. For me one global constraint should be no emulation and no cheats. Any other constraints should go in the original post.

I agree with no emulation for home consoles, but is MAME allowed for Arcade games? For example, let's say I want to compete in the Puzzle Bobble MVS thread but don't have Neo Geo cab. Is MAME yay or nay?

i would say nay, unless your mame is cabbed and you get the original "feel" or the arcade, by playing on an arcade cabinet running Mame.
check out my site!
www.killerkorp.com
---
Selling my whole collection (almost)
http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16138

Katarak
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Katarak » Wed May 25, 2005 3:44 am

RayB wrote:photographic proof?

honour system.. anyone who fakes scores to seem uber powerful is just shallow and lame.

That being said, how do we do it for games like Lumines which potentially has plenty of different challenges that can be played (timed, regular)

do we make a different post for each?

And thanx CongoBongo for setting this up, I think it'll be pretty cool.
On a side note. if it is possible. to have the topics not revolve in the usual manner.. (like always in alphabetical order or something) so it's easier to look for one... I guess we can just use the Search function though :oops:
check out my site!

www.killerkorp.com

---

Selling my whole collection (almost)

http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16138

CongoBongo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CongoBongo » Wed May 25, 2005 1:30 pm

My intention is to write a script for the CGCC home page to show the latest high scores. Might be one easy way to keep track of new posts.

Oh and the reason I disagree with emulation is not just control layout but even things like FPS rates have an effect on the gameplay.

Ethous
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Ethous » Wed May 25, 2005 1:36 pm

Thats Very True also can add your own cheats.

CongoBongo wrote:My intention is to write a script for the CGCC home page to show the latest high scores. Might be one easy way to keep track of new posts.

Oh and the reason I disagree with emulation is not just control layout but even things like FPS rates have an effect on the gameplay.
-------------------------------------------------------
No pins just Vids Am i on crack again?

cooke
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby cooke » Wed May 25, 2005 6:04 pm

Katarak wrote:...to have the topics not revolve in the usual manner.. (like always in alphabetical order or something) so it's easier to look for one...

I like this idea. Alphabetical makes a lot of sense.

wood tick

classic gamer wants to post scores...

Postby wood tick » Thu May 26, 2005 2:39 am

great idea with the scoreboard.....funny Highspeed and I were talking about this just the other day. How we would like to see a high score board on this site!!! twingalaxies is great but those scores are for like the world and it would take most of us 10 years of dedicated playing to top some of those crazy scores....nice to see what other Canucks can do.

here is my only issue:

I only have mame...no real coin-ops.

Can I post something like this:

Donkey Kong Jr. - MAME

and maybe the guys who actually have the coin-op post

Donkey Kong Jr. - ARCADE

I can understand wanting to seperate the real arcade scores from the MAME but I would like to post some scores and maybe get a competition going....

I don't think it really makes that much of a difference for most classic games.....for example if I'm using MAME and a keyboard and get a good score playing mario bros. I think the guy playing on his coin-op machine would actually have an advantage.....

however, I do agree they still should be seperated and for some games someone using a USB joystick with a very sensitive fire button would probably have an advantge over the coin-op guy in a game where rapid firing is key.....can't really think of any as I don't usually play those type but maybe like 1942....but then I think it is autofire eh....

;)

I use a hotrod joystick

http://www.hanaho.com/products/HotRodJoystick/

so I think I would probably slip in under your current rules but I would still like to see as many people posting classic gaming scores here as possible.......I will look here for high scores as well as twingalaxies now!

Best,

Wood tick

CongoBongo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CongoBongo » Thu May 26, 2005 3:24 am

If you specify MAME I think that works.

wood tick

sweet...

Postby wood tick » Thu May 26, 2005 3:36 am

I'll definately be posting some MAME scores for:

Joust
Track N' Field
Donkey Kong Jr.
Mario Bros.

I think I have some good scores but definately not unbeatable...so let the games begin!

:)

Best,

Wood Tick

GGKoul
timbit
timbit

Postby GGKoul » Thu May 26, 2005 4:10 am

why are you posting scores here, when www.twingalaxies.com does that service already??

CongoBongo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CongoBongo » Thu May 26, 2005 2:06 pm

GGKoul wrote:why are you posting scores here, when www.twingalaxies.com does that service already??

I think people who are regulars here would be more interested in squaring-off against their fellow cgcc members than the rest of the world. Just a thought.

Return to “High Scores”