SNES Mini at Walmart

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Re: SNES Mini at Walmart

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Was at a Wal-Mart the other day and they said they had just randomly gotten a shipment in that morning and it was sold out quickly. I think stores are getting restocked fairly well its just sort of random as to when they get shipments and they don't even know until they've gotten them. I think the prices are coming down though. I've seen like $175, not that I would pay that but at least it shows there are more units out there.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:08 am

I've still had no luck. I keep hearing that they sell any they get within minutes of the morning shipments....
Geez.

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm

I've also had no luck getting one retail...and yesterday paid resale.
Local Kijiji seller (Ajax) was selling his used unit for $140, in the end he let it go for $130.
Item was in great shape with all original packaging and %100 complete.
He said he bought it to beat an old childhood favorite game and once he did he didn't see himself playing it much.
For $130 I thought I had to get it, so I did. Wife actually paid for it and it has to go under the tree for X-Mass.
For now I'm going to read up/watch some videos on the hack. I plan to add more games when I unbox it.
I'd like a 2nd unit, so if I do find one retail I'll get another.
A week or two ago I lost out on another used one (for the same price, $130). When I got home with this one the wife had told me she was in contact with a seller for $160 NIB... but they just could not make the pick up time work.
None the less I'm happy with this.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
Nintendo Popeye W/Pandoras Box 9
Nintendo Mario Bros Mame + 2 X Aim Trak
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:43 am

mike boss wrote:I've also had no luck getting one retail...and yesterday paid resale.
Local Kijiji seller (Ajax) was selling his used unit for $140, in the end he let it go for $130.
Item was in great shape with all original packaging and %100 complete.
He said he bought it to beat an old childhood favorite game and once he did he didn't see himself playing it much.
For $130 I thought I had to get it, so I did. Wife actually paid for it and it has to go under the tree for X-Mass.
For now I'm going to read up/watch some videos on the hack. I plan to add more games when I unbox it.
I'd like a 2nd unit, so if I do find one retail I'll get another.
A week or two ago I lost out on another used one (for the same price, $130). When I got home with this one the wife had told me she was in contact with a seller for $160 NIB... but they just could not make the pick up time work.
None the less I'm happy with this.

That's really not a bad price at all, so long you had original planned on opening it up and not keeping it sealed as a collectors item. With tax it would have been $113, so just another $17 and now you can relax and not stress about trying to find one. I'm sure one will turn up at a store for you eventually anyways and you can keep that one minty!

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:01 am

I was at the CGCC Swap meet yesterday and noticed quite a few vendors had them in the $175-$200 price range.

I was also at the Woodstock Walmart the other day and they said they do show up sporadically... and when the do, one goes in the display case and the others go behind the counter (so that they don't have to continually open up the case.)

So, I guess the story is to keep you eyes open!

Davester.
Pins: Funhouse
Race Drivin', Winding Heat, MAME, Touchmaster, Seeburg SPS2, Rockola 494, AMI Rowe Laserstar, Parking Meters, Payphone... if it takes coins, I want it!
Even those funny coin op machines in the ladies room...

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:23 pm

I think the $130 I paid was fare.
It's currently stashed away as the wife wants to "surprise" me with it on Christmas.
Til then I'll be working on my "games to add" list (AKA the hack list).
I will however keep looking for others, hoping to get one new soon.

I tell ya.....I have no luck with purchases these days. Other day with the wife I see some perfume for her. But I cant buy it as she's with me.
Today I hit Shoppers for it.............. none in stock! Grrrr............. I did however ask for the SNES Mini at each Shoppers.... that was also a bust !
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:20 am

Found this on RedFlagDeals

http://www.trucadevtest.com/tru/pdf/SNES_StoreParticipation2017_2_E.pdf

It's a list of the TRU store that will be getting 50+ Snes classics on Nov 18th.

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:29 am

tekkaraiden wrote:Found this on RedFlagDeals

http://www.trucadevtest.com/tru/pdf/SNES_StoreParticipation2017_2_E.pdf

It's a list of the TRU store that will be getting 50+ Snes classics on Nov 18th.

Ah man, not exactly close to me. Might see if I can hit up the Richmond Hill Store. Seeing as its the only one in Southern Ontario, I'm sure it will be busy.

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Anyone grab one today?

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am

HOw many do stores get? The walmart near my work says they get a couple and they are gone within minutes...

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Ya... Tuesday morning at 7am I stopped by the Walmart in Woodstock on the way into work and they said they randomly come in and are gone within an hour. The lady said they aren't tracked with their regular inventory so they have no clue when they are coming in.
It's become the thrill of the hunt.

Davester.

Race Drivin', Winding Heat, MAME, Touchmaster, Seeburg SPS2, Rockola 494, AMI Rowe Laserstar, Parking Meters, Payphone... if it takes coins, I want it!

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Thought I would share this with you guys.
Friday night the wife and were able to pawn off the kids to Grandma and Nana.
So we went to the OC (Oshawa Centre), grabbed a bite to eat and even hit Hollywood cone for dessert.
It's not often we have no kids and we had to relish in the moment. However we had to get up early the next day because the wife wanted to pick up a few good buys she had found online, etc.

So Saturday morning 7AM (ish) we leave the house to hit Toys-R-Us in Whitby. Wife wanted to get a BMW ride-in car for my son.
Was on sale for 50% off and I suggested we go early. We got to the store around 7:30, we were numbers 15 & 16 inline. An old school mate of mine was actually number 14. My wife was freaking out, thought we would never get the car. As she pointed out the line was all men.....they must be there to get the car ?

So 8AM the doors open and I see the associate from Toys-R-Us asking the people inline something and passing out some slip. My wife was freaking....."we're not getting the car." But I noticed the slip said $99.99 and the associate was saying, "Wednesday."
So I make my way to the front of the line and the associate asks me, "SNES classic!" I'm like "YEPPPPPPPPPPP!" she goes ok, "come back any time on Wednesday and have the slip!" ---

So I told the wife go back and get a 2nd slip for my buddy, and I even looked for my old schoolmate to grab a 3rd slip for another buddy. Sadly she had purchased the car and taken off. But without expecting it, without seeing it in the flyer, just by fluke I scored another SNES classic. I'll get it Wednesday. I gave the 2nd slip to my good buddies girlfriend so he can get it for X-Mass.

I don't know how the people in line knew to go to that store, that day. Perhaps something online ? I can suggest that anyone in the Durham are could call the Whitby store Wednesday to see if they have extras.

I'll be going after work Wednesday to get mine and I'll certainly ask.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 am

mike boss wrote:Thought I would share this with you guys.
So we went to the OC (Oshawa Centre), grabbed a bite to eat and even hit Hollywood cone for dessert.
It's not often we have no kids and we had to relish in the moment. However we had to get up early the next day because the wife wanted to pick up a few good buys she had found online, etc.

So Saturday morning 7AM (ish) we leave the house to hit Toys-R-Us in Whitby. Wife wanted to get a BMW ride-in car for my son.
Was on sale for 50% off and I suggested we go early. We got to the store around 7:30, we were numbers 15 & 16 inline. An old school mate of mine was actually number 14. My wife was freaking out, thought we would never get the car. As she pointed out the line was all men.....they must be there to get the car ?

So 8AM the doors open and I see the associate from Toys-R-Us asking the people inline something and passing out some slip. My wife was freaking....."we're not getting the car." But I noticed the slip said $99.99 and the associate was saying, "Wednesday."
So I make my way to the front of the line and the associate asks me, "SNES classic!" I'm like "YEPPPPPPPPPPP!" she goes ok, "come back any time on Wednesday and have the slip!" ---

So I told the wife go back and get a 2nd slip for my buddy, and I even looked for my old schoolmate to grab a 3rd slip for another buddy. Sadly she had purchased the car and taken off. But without expecting it, without seeing it in the flyer, just by fluke I scored another SNES classic. I'll get it Wednesday. I gave the 2nd slip to my good buddies girlfriend so he can get it for X-Mass.

I don't know how the people in line knew to go to that store, that day. Perhaps something online ? I can suggest that anyone in the Durham are could call the Whitby store Wednesday to see if they have extras.

Did you get it? Every time, I'm in a store that sells them I keep asking and they just keep saying to check back often lol so frusterating!

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 pm

CanadianRyGuy wrote:
mike boss wrote:Thought I would share this with you guys.

Did you get it? Every time, I'm in a store that sells them I keep asking and they just keep saying to check back often lol so frusterating!

I did actually. My friend went in the morning and picked up both. She actually went to the wrong store and went to Pickering first.
They also got a shipment that day, but only had as many SNES classic as they had handed out the slips for.
When she went to Whitby she had both my slip and hers, they gave her a little bit of a hard time.
In the end she got both, they also only had as many consoles as they had given out slips for.
I sold my used one (that I paid $130 for) to my brother for the same $130 and the 2nd slip I had went to my friends wife.
He's my sneaker connect always getting me shoes....he was the 1st person I thought to give the slip to.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 am

Stopped by Walmart yesterday (Dec 17) and to my surprise there was a Nintendo rep there re-organizing the display case... he asked if he could help me find anything... I asked him not to laugh at me but if he had any SNES minis. His response was "Sorry, No, but good luck with that." His facial expression was "Good F'ing luck, buddy."
Oh well, at least I still have my original SNES at home... made it to the end of Home Alone, the video game yesterday through my tears. :lol:

Davester.

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”