Why I Don't Want To Buy Nintendo Products Anymore (Article)

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why I Don't Want To Buy Nintendo Products Anymore (Article)

Postby maxlords » Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 pm

My other article up on Real Otaku Gamer, for your enjoyment and perusal! Again, comments are welcome! FYI, the prices in the following article are in USD, not Canadian!

http://realotakugamer.com/why-i-dont-wa ... -editorial
"This isn't a bar fight. Have some class." - Alucard
- Castlevania (Netflix)

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: Why I Don't Want To Buy Nintendo Products Anymore (Article)

Postby jasonec » Mon May 29, 2017 9:10 pm

Great article - I totally agree with your points, and they are essentially why I couldn't justify forking out $$ for a Nintendo Switch - it just felt like a money grab to me.
Ironically, the same article could be written for Apple products nowadays.....
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Re: Why I Don't Want To Buy Nintendo Products Anymore (Article)

Postby Law212 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:13 pm

I don't buy into that article at all. First of all he starts with " I love Nintendo’s games.  They make fantastic first party software and many of their games are quite fun."

Yes they do, they make some really fun and great games, THATS what makes me buy a Nintendo console. Not how much power is in it compared to the other two systems.... Sony and MS have a couple pretty powerful machines.... but I have a gaming PC and now that most of the games also hit PC buying one of those consoles would pretty much be a waste of money.

Nintendo games on the other hand don't come to PC and I love having a Wii U to accompany my main gaming machine(PC), because it still has games that are very different and aren't on PC.

On my Wii U I have 32 gigs, but I've never been close to running out of space because I have all my games on disc with only a few NES games from the shop on the HDD. I eve have an SD card installed with another 32 gigs. Never came close to filling either up.

Nintendo systems don't RELY on gimmicks. They include gimmicks. I like the Wii U controller. Not many games do much with it, but I really like using it in Star Fox to aim in first person. Its really fun to use that way. I don't have a switch so I cant comment too much on it, and I'm not into portable gaming, but another thing I like about Nintendo consoles are that they emphasize couch co op and people sitting together and playing some games. Ive had some great times with the girl and kids playing Mario kart, Mario and other games together.

As for amiibos, they don't add anything significant to a game for DLC so really they are more for collectors and aren't needed to enjoy any game.
The fact that Nintendo can make a system with hardware that isn't as powerful as the other two and make games that run great and are fun to play shows that Nintendo knows gaming.

the xbox one might be more powerful, but it drops in frames in rise of the tomb raider just by moving the camera around lara.
I for one will definitely buy a switch before buying a playstation 4 , ps4 pro, xbox one or scorpio.

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”