Game pick ups

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

Bighab
stubby
stubby

Re: Game pick ups

Postby Bighab » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:14 pm

I rarely hunt anymore. A month ago I lucked out picking up a Mega Man X3 snes cart for $75. Same price as he was asking for a genesis model 2 :lol:

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Bighab wrote:I rarely hunt anymore. A month ago I lucked out picking up a Mega Man X3 snes cart for $75. Same price as he was asking for a genesis model 2 :lol:

I'm not into much console game collecting. I will pick up NES and sometimes SNES games if they are cheap enough.

Oh and some sega games

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:16 pm

OTTOgd wrote:Nifty game pick-ups, thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I have been on a retro PC kick lately. I love them.

I almost got a nice replacement Leisure suit larry 7 complete in box with guide ….. I missed out and it felt like a punch to the face.... THe search continues. I also need to replace Star wars Xwing: Imperial Pursuit.

I recently got a cheap replacement for Mario is missing.

I also picked these up today at value village. I used to love this golf game as a kid, and always wanted to play Mad Dog. … For 2 bucks each why not.

I picked these up from a guy off Kijiji . I got them for a great price. I didnt know there were big box versions... I have the collectors set with all 3 games and am happy to have these in the collection.

I love the Compucenter sticker on the box. I used to love going into Compucenter and looking at all the cool PC game boxes that I couldn't afford.

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:59 am

Law212 wrote:I love the Compucenter sticker on the box. I used to love going into Compucenter and looking at all the cool PC game boxes that I couldn't afford.

Cool finds. Post a closer pic of the sticker, please! Neat retail reference.

This is not a sticker but thought it was nostalgically interesting. A year or so ago, I bought a Mattel Electronics Football 2 and the original receipt was still inside the box. Not easy to see but originally purchased from Eaton Centre's Leisure World for $37.32 CAD, back in '81! Great game, imho.

Image Image

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:43 am

Thats super cool! , I love when the receipt is included.
I picked up an electronic chess game a while back and it looked like it was from the lte 70s or early 80s. I think it had the receipt. When I got to my moms ill take pictures.

Ill take a picture of the compucenter tag a but later this weekend.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 am

I got a few more pickups this week.

I always wanted to play this when it came out, but I couldn't afford it I dont think. This was a cheap ebay purchase.

I have seen this reviewed somewhere and it looked neat. Value village tagged it for 9.99, but I removed the tag and they gave it to me for 1.99.

I never got to play the swat games, but I loved the police quest series so I grabbed this.

I was hoping id find one of these as I found the diablo chest before for 1.99. They had a tag of 12.99 on this. I replaced it with a 1.99 tag. They are really upping their pc game prices.

and a couple loose genesis games that looked decent when I googled them .

There was an Encarta 94 which looked complete and I now regret not getting it. ah well.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:33 pm

This is my third attempt at writing this post. The site keep erasing it before I can submit...…

ONe last pick up for the weekend. After dropping off my wife at work, I stopped into a nearby Value Village.
I saw a couple copies of Amped. I see them pretty often and never picked them up even though I have wanted to play the game since it came out.

One copy had the green "Not for Resale" on it, and the one I got had "Not for Resale. Limited Edition. Seemed cool so its the one I picked. though now I wish I got both///

Opening to check that all the contents were t here and the disc was in g ood shape I saw an awesome bonus. I have wanted to find a cheap copy for a long time, and I also want the controller. I missed out on one recently for $150...…

Anyway Very happy to see this inside the case under the manual.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 pm

A few more PC game pickups since the last post.

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”