Sad day for my PS3's

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Sad day for my PS3's

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:28 am

So on Saturday, June 20th I decided I wanted to play some Helldivers on my PS3 only to learn my account or PS3 has been banned or suspended.

Today June 22nd I finished talking to Sony support and they told me I did something so terrible that it warranted banning TWO of my PS3's...

What really angers me is that they could not tell me exactly what my crime was and only pointed me to the Code Of Conduct page and we then parted ways.

I want to keep trying to get my PS3's reactivated.

I will say right now they can still get Netflix and stuff but I can't re-download any of the games I bought if my HDD craps out, and i have some semi-rare games on there that I would surely miss if I lost them.

I dont suppose anyone here knows what i can do to get these consoles un-banned by chance?

Playgame

Re: Sad day for my PS3's

Postby Playgame » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:45 am

That's so strange situation. I've never faced with sth like that. But I remember those times when my PS s been repairing. It was difficult for me. I became a champion of table tennis on my backyard lol
But now I think there were good times, which I spent pretty interesting and productively.

Gameguy
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Gameguy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:38 am

LoganN64 wrote:I dont suppose anyone here knows what i can do to get these consoles un-banned by chance?

I'm not sure about getting them un-banned but I'm pretty sure there are ways you can crack/mod a PS3 to play backed up games in case your console dies and you need to get those rare games again. People are trying to archive those old games to prevent them from disappearing once the official servers shut down.
Check out my stuff for sale!!!(click below)

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Gameguy wrote:I'm not sure about getting them un-banned but I'm pretty sure there are ways you can crack/mod a PS3 to play backed up games in case your console dies and you need to get those rare games again. People are trying to archive those old games to prevent them from disappearing once the official servers shut down.

Thanks for the reply, it seems that it was only a 30 day ban, for... reasons...?

Anyway, it' all good now, but it did teach me the value of physical games!

Gameguy
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Gameguy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:24 am

I'm glad it sorted itself out, that sort of thing just makes me nervous of any type of digital downloads. I'm still avoiding them out of principal.

I also don't really check back with this site too often so it's surprising that I saw your post so soon after it's been posted. Just a nice coincidence that I checked back when I did.
Check out my stuff for sale!!!(click below)

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:27 pm

Gameguy wrote:I'm glad it sorted itself out, that sort of thing just makes me nervous of any type of digital downloads. I'm still avoiding them out of principal.

I also don't really check back with this site too often so it's surprising that I saw your post so soon after it's been posted. Just a nice coincidence that I checked back when I did.

That is creepy. but glad you checked up on me.

Sadly, this is how things seem to be going, soon we will have consoles without physical media, and essentially renting on borrowed time before they shut everything down and force you to re-buy everything on a new platform.

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”