Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

The Evener
loonie
loonie

FS: Coleco ADAM, comes in original box with software

Postby The Evener » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:41 am

Hi all,

I'm gearing up to clear up some space and move out an extra Coleco ADAM computer I acquired years ago. This one comes in the original behemoth box that includes CPU unit, keyboard, two controllers, printer, original manuals, included software like SmartBASIC and Buck Rogers Planet of Zoom data packs.

The unit you'll receive will come with two data pack drives (default was one installed), plus a 64k memory expander card. The system will also come with ExpertType and SmartFILER data packs in box with instructions (yes, incredibly riveting titles!) I will rummage around and throw in one or two more titles, plus a couple of cartridges to get you going.

The downside: the printer doesn't print (it would just advance the paper feed and act erratically) so I disabled the printer mechanism so you can use it as a regular power supply. If you prefer, I can swap out the printer for an after-market power supply from the late 1980s (basically it's the same power transformer gear found in the printer, but someone removed it and placed it in a metal housing).

I'm looking for $125 OBO.

Of course, with something this big, shipping is usually killer -- probably north of $60. Local pickup is welcome; if you're within 90 minutes of Ottawa, I will deliver for 20 clams and a beer. If you're further afield, we could look at meeting at a half-way point with adjusted fuel money.

Thanks! Photos coming soon.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: FS: Coleco ADAM, comes in original box with software

Postby jasonec » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:42 am

I remember the Coleco ADAM - the only computer that actually had roman numerals on the keyboard!
You also had to make sure you didn't have any tapes in it when you turned it on, or they'd be erased from all the EMI.
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Re: FS: Coleco ADAM, comes in original box with software

Postby The Evener » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:32 am

Roman numerals ROCK!

I did one better in terms of erasing a tape -- I left the Dragon's Lair Data Pack on top of the drive, and forgot about it, turning the machine on and off a few times. When I finally noticed it, I frantically grabbed it and put it into the drive to see if it would load -- nada.

But super-cool ending -- I guess I was 13 or 14 at the time -- I wrote Coleco Canada in Montreal, and described my tale of woe - AND THEY SENT ME A FREE REPLACEMENT, box and all! I will see if I can dig up the original letter that I sent them. :)

Return to “The Swap Shop”