Looking for Nintendo Component mods/line fix.

Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

lapinbeau

Looking for Nintendo Component mods/line fix.

Postby lapinbeau » Thu May 11, 2017 10:38 am

Hello, first time poster on this forum. I didn't realize there was a forum for retro gaming enthusiasts that was based in Canada!

Anyway, figured this would be the place to ask. Does anybody here have experience doing mods for the NES/SNES/N64? Specifically, mods to rid a console of the dreaded "dark line" in the middle of the screen, and fitting the console with component cables.

I've searched extensively online for modders, but unfortunately it seems the best immediate option (retrofixes.com) does not offer services to non-US citizens. Which sucks, because I fully intend to get my SNES fully pimped out. Component ports, vertical line fix with replacement terminators. I'm even willing to purchase a 1chip system if I can secure reliable, trustworthy services for this. I'll almost certainly want to get custom ports for my NES and N64 as well, if at all possible.

So... does anybody have the experienced knowhow on upgrading consoles for better graphic and/or sound fidelity? Such as adding component cables to an SNES/N64, or composite to an NES?

If so, please don't hesitate to send me a PM, or respond here. I live in the Regina, Saskatchewan area.
Last edited by lapinbeau on Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: Looking for Nintendo Component mods/line fix.

Postby jasonec » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am

Welcome to the forum!
I know a bunch of members have extensive experience with this, including leonk if you want to PM him.
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

lapinbeau

Postby lapinbeau » Thu May 11, 2017 10:41 am

Cool. :) I'll wait on some responses here first, before I message him though. I have to go to work now, so I'll check for responses later today!

Scott84
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Scott84 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:11 am

leonk does amazing work. He did the NESRGB Mod to my top loader with the 3d printed plate install of the snes style a/v connector.

He comes highly recommended from everyone for very good reasons!

Return to “The Swap Shop”