FS: Sega Blast City cabinet

Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

ask

FS: Sega Blast City cabinet

Postby ask » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Kind of an interest check as I'm considering selling my Sega Blast City cabinet. It needs a new family that won't neglect it as much as I do

Asking $2000, cabinet is located just east of downtown Toronto

Details:
- Works!
- Had a new-old-stock straight from Sega marquee cover installed (think it ran me $200 nearly 8 years ago)
- Have a bunch of spare buttons/balltops to include
- Will throw in a JAMMA wired PS2

Things to note:
- Plastic has a crack (see photos)
- Button panel is from an Astro City
- Monitor has light burn in (noticeable mostly when off, or on solid bright colours)
- Monitor has corner convergence issues that could remedied with some magnet strips

Full photo gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/WkL8E

Oh, and in the photo below the marquee area looks weird because the old marquee place holder has fallen down. Haven't gotten around to putting in the new EspGaluda one I got

Q B
stubby
stubby

Re: FS: Sega Blast City cabinet

Postby Q B » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:19 am

:(

you take credit card and deliver at that price? lol lol
Sega Astro City 2.

ask

Postby ask » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 am

Q B wrote::(

you take credit card and deliver at that price? lol lol

It's an asking price, member on here just paid $2700 for one. Welcome to PM with an offer if you're actually interested.

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 am

I'll do 1300.
I want more games...

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Nice Blast buddy! I don't think $2k is an unreasonable price, but you may be sitting on it for a while until you find the right buyer. The one element that gives me pause is the cracked chassis. Will take some effort and $ to fix. The fix itself is easy (if you have fixed a fiberglass boat, its the same process), the bother is getting the cab taken apart and into a garage where the elbow-grease can be applied.

I think that if the monitor was in better condition, and if it did not have the crack, and if the control panel was proper for Blast City it would sell at $2k relatively quickly in GTA. I think it will still sell at this price with current issues, but again, might have to wait a little while to find right buyer.

Too bad you have to let it go! I say, keep it. Fuck the $2k.

New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:55 pm

c0nn0r wrote:Nice Blast buddy! I don't think $2k is an unreasonable price, but you may be sitting on it for a while until you find the right buyer. The one element that gives me pause is the cracked chassis. Will take some effort and $ to fix. The fix itself is easy (if you have fixed a fiberglass boat, its the same process), the bother is getting the cab taken apart and into a garage where the elbow-grease can be applied.

I think that if the monitor was in better condition, and if it did not have the crack, and if the control panel was proper for Blast City it would sell at $2k relatively quickly in GTA. I think it will still sell at this price with current issues, but again, might have to wait a little while to find right buyer.

Too bad you have to let it go! I say, keep it. Fuck the $2k.

Exactly. 2k if the monitor had no burn, the cabinet didn't have such a large visible crack which looks to have been repaired poorly and the proper matching control panel? Sure. 2k all day, probably sell within a week or two. But with those major flaws? You might catch a newbie who doesn't care or know any better.

By my quick math:

New CP: 150 -200
Replacement monitor: 200
Crack repair: 100

Then your time, effort and any shipping on top.
I want more games...

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:04 pm

So...... What's the word with this? you sell it? Price drop it? Keeping it? :twisted:
Sega Astro City 2.

ask

Postby ask » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Still for sale, if someone wants to discuss price they can PM me

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 am

ask wrote:Still for sale, if someone wants to discuss price they can PM me

My offer of 1300 is still there if you're interested.
I want more games...

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:08 pm

ask wrote:Kind of an interest check as I'm considering selling my Sega Blast City cabinet. It needs a new family that won't neglect it as much as I do

Asking $2000, cabinet is located just east of downtown Toronto

Details:
- Works!
- Had a new-old-stock straight from Sega marquee cover installed (think it ran me $200 nearly 8 years ago)
- Have a bunch of spare buttons/balltops to include
- Will throw in a JAMMA wired PS2

Things to note:
- Plastic has a crack (see photos)
- Button panel is from an Astro City
- Monitor has light burn in (noticeable mostly when off, or on solid bright colours)
- Monitor has corner convergence issues that could remedied with some magnet strips

Hey man, I wanted to chime in with a bit more pricing info for you. There is a current sale thread at http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273304-FS-Blast-City-EAST-COAST where a trusted guy on the forum is selling an East Coast located Blast City for $USD2200 and folks in the thread are saying that this is the right price for his unit. His is in better shape than yours, but aside from your crack, all seems to be in the same ballpark.

With conversion his price is $CAD2816. Puts your price into a bit more perspective.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Damn, these have gone up in the past 5-10 years. I remember when they were $300. I wonder what my Egret 29 would go for now (not that I'd sell it)?
"This isn't a bar fight. Have some class." - Alucard
- Castlevania (Netflix)

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:33 am

Sega Astro City 2.

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:52 am

maxlords wrote:Damn, these have gone up in the past 5-10 years. I remember when they were $300. I wonder what my Egret 29 would go for now (not that I'd sell it)?

A LOT.

they never come up... ever.

ask

Postby ask » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks for the link to the other sale c0nn0r, hopefully that gives people an idea of what these are going for. Cab is still available, people can PM to discuss if they have solid interest. Makes for a lovely Christmas gift for the wife, and there's still time! :lol:

Bay78

Postby Bay78 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Is this still for sale?

Return to “The Swap Shop”