TAF For Sale

Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

Bish500
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

TAF For Sale

Postby Bish500 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:34 pm

For your consideration, a Player's Quality "The Addams Family" pinball machine.

It has playfield wear. The ramps have both been replaced with new/repro ramps. It has the Uncle Fester mod for the electric chair. There are LEDs in the backboard and in the topper.

It is at a friend's place. He is going through a divorce & selling his house. He tells me that the solenoids suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. I looked at the machine at the end of August, and when I removed the fuse for the solenoids in question, it crumbled. I suspect that's the problem, but have not been able to go back since, and will be selling the machine "as is".

I am also in the process of going through a separation. I'm leaving the hobby. I'm trying to raise enough funds to restructure.

I'm looking for $7,500 OBO. I've been offered $6,000, and have turned it down...so.. obviously your best offer should be more. Please don't try to justify your position that it's worth far less than I'm asking because of the playfield wear, the price of tea in China or the current alignment of the stars. Make an offer if you're serious, but if you're just lowballing, please save your effort.

Pictures as follows:

If you need specific photos of something that's not shown, please let me know, and I'll do my best to get it for you. Understand the machine is not at my house, and I don't have access to it. Picture requests may take several days to accommodate.

Thanks for your interest.

b1buwg97
Secret Order of the Black Pac
Secret Order of the Black Pac

Re: TAF For Sale

Postby b1buwg97 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:30 am

Blaine I will give you $6001

And is that my old kangaroo from like 100 years ago?

Bish500
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Bish500 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:06 am

You're definitely going in the right direction, B1....keep going, though.

Yes...it likely is your old Kangaroo from years ago. I got it from someone I know from here, but can't remember from whom now.

Bish500
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Bish500 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:38 pm

$6500 cash will take this...but please - I'm not prepared to go any lower. I'm saddened by the number of people who see this only as an opportunity to put the figurative boots to someone who's clearly not selling for a positive reason. For all of you lowballers, please stop trying to get yourself a bargain. It ain't happening!

If no one wants this at $6500, I'll take it off the market, and thank all of you for your interest.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

Bish500 wrote: to someone who's clearly not selling for a positive reason.

So....if you're not selling for good reasons, does that mean you're selling for evil reasons?
That's awesome 8)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 am

6500 seems to be relatively fair. It's not a stellar deal by any means but not overpriced either, to be honest.

dump another 1300 for a repro playfield and it will be as good as new and under 8k all in.

Now only if I had the funds for a purchase like that...
I want more games...

Return to “The Swap Shop”