Selling your car thru Kijiji.... PAIN IN THE B@LLS!!!!!

Off topic, anything goes

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Selling your car thru Kijiji.... PAIN IN THE B@LLS!!!!!

Postby mike boss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:46 am

Listed my car for sale on Kijiji and got 2 responses A.S.A.P .
By the end of the day had another two more.
All the responses had 647 numbers for call back, emails that were first name + last name + a random #..... and all interested buyers had a first name with three letters.

Len, Ceo, Nav

Anyway I called all the numbers back lastnight, only one had a voicemail and of course was full. So I sent a text to all of them, only one responded with "call you tomorrow!"

Looking on Kijiji seems tons of Kijiji scams exist, anyone else go thru this f'n joke ?
Last edited by mike boss on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
Nintendo Popeye W/Pandoras Box 9
Nintendo Mario Bros Mame + 2 X Aim Trak
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:56 am

I know plenty of people with crazier experiences selling cars through Kijiji.......which is why I'll never do it myself. One guy even asked to be picked up from a different city (half hour away) to check out the car because his car was "broken" - so my friend picked up the guy, but when the guy saw the car, he said he wasn't interested , thanked him for the ride, and left on foot to a "party" at his friends house a few blocks away (he just wanted a free ride to that city).
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 am

I'd suspect Craigslist and Auto Trader would be no different.
What a joke!

How was the party ? Did your friend find out ?
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 am

Haha - no, he never saw the guy again. He probably responded to another car ad in Mississauga to get his ride home though ;-)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

MrCrix
loonie
loonie

Postby MrCrix » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:52 pm

I am looking for a car or truck at the moment and every single person I messaged on Kijiji or the Auto Trader so far has emailed me back with some story about how the vehicle belonged to some dead person who is their family member and the car is in Alberta, Nova Scotia, BC, or some other far away place and that if I want I can hold it for $1000 and they will ship it to me for free or some other BS like that.

Genesisboi
timbit
timbit

Postby Genesisboi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Same kind of thing happened happened to my brother when he tried to sell his laptop on Kijiji. He got at least 5 emails from Zimbabwe asking to ship it lol.
XBL: I RAIL FAT GUYS

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:01 pm

What a shame.
Thing is some suckers must fall for it or they wouldn't do it.
I recall these issues when I was looking for a dog.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

tmlfan
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby tmlfan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 am

MrCrix wrote:I am looking for a car or truck at the moment and every single person I messaged on Kijiji or the Auto Trader so far has emailed me back with some story about how the vehicle belonged to some dead person who is their family member and the car is in Alberta, Nova Scotia, BC, or some other far away place and that if I want I can hold it for $1000 and they will ship it to me for free or some other BS like that.

You must be responding to all the ones that look like a great deal. Low Mileage, heavily under priced etc. Those are all scams.

I just spent 6 weeks car hunting. its the same on Kijiji and autotrader.

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:57 am

My Kijiji car quest continues.
My father passed away in late July.
My mother and I went thru the process of "gifting" the car to myself.
Changed 3 O2 sensors, passed the e-test, and got the insurance quote.
The following week the check engine light comes on and the car goes limp.
Brought the car to the mechanic, got the error code and he explained what the problem "could be."

Called around for one part, Lexus wanted $1200, used the part was $275. The mechanic advised me it was not wise to simply replace the part, he should first dig deeper. He however (which is fare) could not provide a price as he did not know how long it would take to solve the problem.

My mother and I just decided we would sell the car.

2000 Lexus GS300 with new exhaust, new set (in box) of rear brake pads, 3 O2 sensors changed, and e-test pass $3500. Honestly just got a ton of people wasting my time. REDUCED to $2800 and the interest peaked.

One night I should two interested buyers, but all everyone wants to do is talk the car down. Ask if your lying, etc.

Here is the add, I dont think it gets any more honest !
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z537443839

So anyway, this one guy comes, he is interested, he is going between $2000-$2500 and I say I'll talk to my mom and get back to you.
The same night interested buyer 2 comes. Says he likes the car and wants the car @ $2500. Hand shake deal and BIG MISTAKE # 1 I take no deposit. He asked me to hold the car 1 week for the funds to clear.

So now 1 week rolls around, I text him, "Are we still good ?" He responds, "yes!"

Great, looks like a done deal. So I get all the paper work ready. Proof of new exhaust and warranty info, bill of sale for the 3 O2 sensors, proof of e-test pass, etc. Then I noticed, when my mom and I were in the process of moving the car into my name I had filled out the back of the ownership. It was no good ! So I text the buyer and say we need to do this Tuesday. He says fine! So now lastnight I have the new ownership and this guy goes M.I.A !

Like WTF ? You cant even let me know you've lost interest ?
Such a pain in the b@lls !

This morning I responded to all the guys who had emailed me in the last week letting them know its available. I'll repost the add tonight @ $2500 FIRM. I'd rather drive it off a cliff than give it away. I hope to get rid of it in the next week and begin the hunt for something new.

EDIT - I understand that people would question a seller....I get that.
But I laugh when people ask me, "any other problems?" In the add for the car I'm %100 honest about the know inssues. Even telling people who email me that the car needs a timing belt (as per what every perspective buyer has told me.) I make no bones about the fact that the car will need work. But I think the price @ $2500 is fair. And if someone has decent mechanical skills I'm sure the car will serve them well. Who puts $550 into changing the O2 sensors, $300 into exhaust, and goes for a e-test if they think the car is a lemmon and will pull the car of the road the following week ? For myself was more an issue of now I have a daughter, and the wife wants something larger and newer. It was dollars and cents, we simply didn't want to fix the car.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 am

Yep pain in the ass for sure, I have an 05 Accent with 119k on it that I'm asking $2800 OBO for...lots of people want something for nothing.
It needs some minor body work to fix some scratches and dents some little shits put in it trying to break in, and could use new tires, otherwise it's great.

I had one lady tell me "My son is a mechanic, and he says your car is only worth $800. I'll give you $800 for it."

Lots of other people try to tell me it's worth around a grand...yeah, try finding ANY car with that low of mileage on it for a grand.

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:27 am

Really is a true pain.
We just want this gone, but I don't think we will come down much from the $2500. The low-ballers really do nothing but pi$$ me off.

Tonight the new add goes up and fingers crossed someone comes.
I'll make note of the timing belt in the add as to avoid the "oh you know you need this?"

People...........F**K OFF! The price is the price ! lol
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

Nickv
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Nickv » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 pm

That's kijiji. I get people offering me 50$ for a 60in1. I send them to a different location for being so dumb
Vids: TRON, New Astro City, Pacman 60in1, Crazy Taxi, joust cocktail, defender cocktail, red tent, naomi net dimm, pacman cocktail
Misc: Rockstar Fridge, Bud lite fridge, Wurlitzer Americana juke, hotdog cart

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 am

I have some guy that's supposed to be showing up soon coming to look at mine, says he doesn't care about e-testing or certification etc.
Although will pass both fine, I am not interested in going through the hassle when I have it unplated/off the road right now as I took possession of it back from my mother who couldn't afford the upkeep on any car.

Willing to negotiate, but I sure hope this guy isn't driving the hour and a half he says he is away, to come at me with some insulting offer, cause anything under $2000 at this point and I'd rather crush it with my SUV for fun instead, especially since I just finished work at 6:30am this morning and I want to go to bed!

crazyjackcsa
loonie
loonie

Postby crazyjackcsa » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:32 am

Selling a car on kijiji is a special kind of punishment.

I feel for you, that's for sure. I've been there as well. Unless cash is in hand, no deal has been made.

In my experience it's all welfare cases looking to pick up a perfect car for $500. I've never had any real luck.
Wii 1664 5700 2102 2625

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:22 pm

I bought a car off Kijiji 6 years ago. Luckily it wasn't a dud because a year later a guy I worked with bought the same model but a but newer from kijiji and got royally screwed with a lemon.

Return to “The Donut Shop”