The stagnation of Apple?

Off topic, anything goes

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: The stagnation of Apple?

Postby jasonec » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 pm

I just love how my Chrome plugin for Grammarly didn't correct mactard or mactarded because it's a legit word used in context:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Mactard
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mactard
http://www.yourdictionary.com/mactard
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =Mactarded
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 am

The best plugin for chrome is the backspace for back button.

Sent from my Pixel XXXL
I want more games...

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:41 am

theyangman wrote:The best plugin for chrome is the backspace for back button.

Sent from my Pixel XXXL

I'm glad it's a plugin and not default behavior...that drives me insane when a key meant for a text input field controls a function of my browser. Press backspace to fix a typo and my browser loads the previous page instead...HULK SMASH!

darryldale
timbit
timbit

Postby darryldale » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:33 am

Well what I can tell you is that I've been using a Macbook Pro for over 4 years and loved it.

It was getting a little long in the tooth and I wanted an upgrade so like everybody else was waiting for the new ones to come out this year.

When they finally did come out I was so thoroughly disappointed that I went out and purchased a Dell XPS 13 instead. Better machine at almost half the price. The apple fanboys can continue to go on about how great they are but I think the simple fact is that their target market (for their laptops at least) has shifted. They used to be top end machines for professionals and now they're top priced machines with less than stellar specs aimed at people with too much disposable income and who don't know any better.

This is bound to rile a few feathers but I kind of equate them to Harley now. What's that you want to spend way more than you need to on a quality motorcycle even though are better options at half the price? Then buy a Harley!

Just my .02.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:15 am

:ditto:
Same here - I actually preferred Mac laptops (and some desktops) from about 2005-2014, because the build quality, warranty, and OS were very good (which was why I paid a premium for it). Now, I can't imagine any professional who could justify buying the newer Macs unless they were an Apple fanboy. Give me an XPS, Alienware or Thinkpad instead......at least they have guts and ports.....basically what I need to get my work done.
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

RayB
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby RayB » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:51 pm

ken_cinder wrote:
theyangman wrote:The best plugin for chrome is the backspace for back button.

Sent from my Pixel XXXL

I'm glad it's a plugin and not default behavior...that drives me insane when a key meant for a text input field controls a function of my browser. Press backspace to fix a typo and my browser loads the previous page instead...HULK SMASH!

You kidding!? I'm so pissed they removed this. I keep hitting backspace to go back a page and nothing happens!!

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:58 pm

I do not understand how they don't leave it in as a toggle-able option. Like default it off but leave a quick setting in chrome to turn it back on.... Ffs... Having to download a separate plugin isn't the end of the world but still.... That's pretty lame.

Sent from my Pixel XXXL
I want more games...

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:50 pm

theyangman wrote:I do not understand how they don't leave it in as a toggle-able option. Like default it off but leave a quick setting in chrome to turn it back on.... Ffs... Having to download a separate plugin isn't the end of the world but still.... That's pretty lame.

Sent from my Pixel XXXL

Everything that can be done more than one way should be an option, I HATE backspace working the way you want it, but it should be an option to do so.

Makes more sense to me to have the left and right arrow keys perform this function if keys are needed though. I use my mouse outright though and never keys, because right clicking on the back button shows ALL the previous pages.

Thus said function should be user configurable to whatever key you damn well want...even going so far as to ignore it when the cursor is in a text input field as a toggle-able option.

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm

I guess enough people complained that they took it out. It's been that way in chrome for as long as I can recall. But it should be user selectable. I want to slap the person who took it out completely.

Unless that person was a woman. Then I will just give her a dirty look instead....

Sent from my Pixel XXXL
I want more games...

Return to “The Donut Shop”