Slow and steady....

Off topic, anything goes

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Slow and steady....

Postby theyangman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:46 am

So I ordered 3 packs of these PCB feet back in late January.... 10 bucks shipped, can't go wrong for 120 PCB feet with screws.

After about 7 weeks of waiting, I got refunded by eBay and forgot about ordering more and pretty much forgot about the order itself.

.... Until today....

Bam!

Free PCB feet! ... 5 months later.... Lol.
I want more games...

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: Slow and steady....

Postby jasonec » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:06 am

Yup - had that happen too many times to count.
Crazy freakin shipping times from China.
It's nice when it arrives after a while, but not so nice when it doesn't by the time you need the parts....
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 am

China shipping has been ridiculously slow lately. I order a bunch of little under $5 items to break up the monotony of bills in my mail and this year has been extra slow. One of the reason I have 50 projects on the go is waiting for slow parts. None of those projects are time sensitive though. My general rule is to never order anything I need from China just things I might need in the future.... Like 100pcb feet... Which I also have haha.

I'm doing backpacking trip in couple weeks and few weeks back needed to get some more gear. Some items are 1/2 price from China but are too time sensitive so I pay the Amazon premium to know I'll get it in a day or two not sometime this year.

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Funny... I thought I was the only one...
Received a package last week that was post marked from China Feb 2nd... 5 months to arrive to my house.
I was almost convinced that some postal employee was enjoying all of my toys!

Davester.
Pins: Funhouse
Race Drivin', Winding Heat, MAME, Touchmaster, Seeburg SPS2, Rockola 494, AMI Rowe Laserstar, Parking Meters, Payphone... if it takes coins, I want it!
Even those funny coin op machines in the ladies room...

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:41 am

brad808 wrote:China shipping has been ridiculously slow lately. I order a bunch of little under $5 items to break up the monotony of bills in my mail and this year has been extra slow. One of the reason I have 50 projects on the go is waiting for slow parts. None of those projects are time sensitive though. My general rule is to never order anything I need from China just things I might need in the future.... Like 100pcb feet... Which I also have haha.

I'm doing backpacking trip in couple weeks and few weeks back needed to get some more gear. Some items are 1/2 price from China but are too time sensitive so I pay the Amazon premium to know I'll get it in a day or two not sometime this year.

Can I house sit and play your pins while you're away? :D
I want more games...

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:49 am

Wife and her friends are still going to be at the house (which is why I need the vacation haha). But yes you are always welcome to play my pins

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:27 am

brad808 wrote:Wife and her friends are still going to be at the house (which is why I need the vacation haha). But yes you are always welcome to play my pins

Friend: "Why is there some random Asian guy downstairs eating Cheetos and playing Brad's video games?"

GF: "I don't know, he just arrived the day before Brad went on his trip and never left..."

Friend: "Does he know that Brad isn't here anymore?"

GF: "I don't think he cares..."

Friend: "Isn't it weird that he has a tent set up downstairs and is camping down there?"

GF: "Arcade guys are weird like that"
I want more games...

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 am

Lmao sounds about right

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:56 am

Apparently from what I read it's a bit of an issue between Canada post and the Canadian Border Services Agency and because their has been a huge increase in items from China.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delivery-delays-online-customers-waiting-months-for-orders-from-china-1.3441778

and the follow up article.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delayed-delivery-canada-post-says-you-get-what-you-pay-for-1.3446303

In short if you order something from China with free shipping, it's going to take a while.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:25 am

tekkaraiden wrote:Apparently from what I read it's a bit of an issue between Canada post and the Canadian Border Services Agency and because their has been a huge increase in items from China.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delivery-delays-online-customers-waiting-months-for-orders-from-china-1.3441778

and the follow up article.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delayed-delivery-canada-post-says-you-get-what-you-pay-for-1.3446303

In short if you order something from China with free shipping, it's going to take a while.

I love the tone of those articles....."If you order cheap stuff from China, we don't give a shit when it's delivered...."
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:46 pm

It's ridiculous how slow the shipping has been this year.
And the random nature of when items arrive is just odd.
I ordered several Jamma extenders they arrived in record time.
I did pay for shipping, but no "premium" shipping option..... yet they arrived super quick!
Now waiting on a few Jamma harness to use with my Pandora's Box and they are taking forever !
It's crazy....one arrived in the normal one month or so time period. The others no such luck.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
Nintendo Popeye W/Pandoras Box 9
Nintendo Mario Bros Mame + 2 X Aim Trak
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

menace
stubby
stubby

Postby menace » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:14 am

I just did an experiment--I ordered something off aliexpress but chose the 3 dollar shipping versus free shipping to see if it arrives faster than all the free shipping items. There were quite a few options for watch bands that were all about the same price so the free shipping wasn't all the free in this case...

if it does, i'll pay the buck or two to get it here inside of 6 months..although getting stuff free because the shipping time runs out is fun :)
Working: Mame
Pins: Stargate, Star Wars, Virtual pin
Wanted: money and time

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 pm

menace wrote:I just did an experiment--I ordered something off aliexpress but chose the 3 dollar shipping versus free shipping to see if it arrives faster than all the free shipping items. There were quite a few options for watch bands that were all about the same price so the free shipping wasn't all the free in this case...

if it does, i'll pay the buck or two to get it here inside of 6 months..although getting stuff free because the shipping time runs out is fun :)

Pay for shipping?!? That's crazy talk......

menace
stubby
stubby

Postby menace » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Fastest shipping ever. Ordered some nickel strips for making batteries on july 18th and they showed today! Totally flabergasted..no sign of my watch band though
Working: Mame
Pins: Stargate, Star Wars, Virtual pin
Wanted: money and time

Return to “The Donut Shop”