Freezing Rain Weekends Are Good For..............

Off topic, anything goes

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Freezing Rain Weekends Are Good For..............

Postby mike boss » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:07 pm

I gotta say, I can't complain about the freezing rain this weekend.
It kept me home...........and being at home I had time to revisit some projects.
I'm super stoked that I made awesome progress on some of my projects.

My Mario Bros MAME PC recently went, I tossed in another PC, but even that PC has issues. The PC just shuts down! I had an old HP that I bought years ago. The HDD went and I just tossed the PC in storage as I had no use for it. But now with my Mario Bros not in commission it was time to pull it out of retirement. Honestly I think these days, for the money, for the time involved you can't go wrong with a Pandora's Box or a Raspberry Pi.
I find the PC work daunting to be honest. Previously my Mario Bros MAME cabinet had NES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis/32X, and Turbo GRFX 16 emulators installed. I was OBSESSED with putting a similar set up back into the cabinet. I managed to make some good progress on getting the PC into shape this weekend. I've got a few more things to do including installing and calibrating my AimTraks. Lastly I managed to make some modifications to my existing MaLa layout. I added the original Mario Bros theme music and Mario Bros sound effects to my MaLa layout. Really helps to complete the theme.

Over and above that I managed to get some work done on my TouchJams Jukebox PC. I had some MAJOR issues with the PC with a wonky upgrade. No matter what I did the program would not populate with my music collection. I resolved that issue with a new uninstall/install. There were some changes made to the program in recent updates that caused issue with the PC connecting via Bluetooth to my existing audio system. Luckily that too was fixed in a recent update. The PC itself doesn't have Bluetooth so I added a Bluetooth transmitter, I pair that with a Bluetooth receiver. Even tough the PC and the audio system are.....say......15 feet apart......I get a bad connection, distortion, crackling.

I was looking to upgrade the Bluetooth elements. But I'm having issues with the pairing. I tried one Bluetooth transmitter that I connect via the speaker output/headphone output....that unit though does pair successfully with a receiver I have. But when used on the PC it won't connect.
I'm a little confused by it, but I'm hoping I can resolve that problem. The two devices I tested (transmitter/receiver) work well together, walking around my basement I get a good, clear connection. I'd love it if I could get these two devices to work with the transmitter plugged into the PC. I haven't had luck yet...but I'm hoping I can resolve that.

None the less productive weekend. Kids (and wife) co-operated and I logged some good hours in the family cave.

Anyone else get to anything on this crappy weekend ?
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
Nintendo Popeye W/Pandoras Box 9
Nintendo Mario Bros Mame + 2 X Aim Trak
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

brad808
toonie
toonie

Re: Freezing Rain Weekends Are Good For..............

Postby brad808 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I recapped an NVS-4000 power supply/sound board. Also updated my nesica games with new j config 1.5 files for removal of offline messages and icons. That and actually play games, drink whisky. Image

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Re: Freezing Rain Weekends Are Good For..............

Postby mike boss » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm

I love getting work done, and crossing projects off the list.
Today my mother-in-law was iced in & unable to make it over to watch the kids.
I had to take a day off (which I hate doing!)...so I did a little (very little) work on my Mario Bros PC.
I was having issues with MaLa using my custom load screen...but I resolved the issue and added a delay so it displays longer.
Really happy how it is coming together.

I also made slight progress with my Jukebox PC. The issue was being caused by what is set as the default output device. So the onboard speakers were set to default, so even hooking up external speakers unless you enable them you'd get no sound. I plugged in the Bluetooth transmitter and I got it working. Now I need to test the various receivers I have for quality of connection. I also want to see if I leave both enabled, what will happen when I power down/power on.

All in all been productive, so I'm quite happy.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
Nintendo Popeye W/Pandoras Box 9
Nintendo Mario Bros Mame + 2 X Aim Trak
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

Return to “The Donut Shop”