Name that Quote!

Off topic, anything goes

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: Name that Quote!

Postby Subpacket » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:46 am

Well. jason took to long to give us another quote.. here goes.

“One person can keep a secret, but not two.”
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Subpacket wrote:Well. jason took to long to give us another quote.. here goes.

“One person can keep a secret, but not two.”

Ready Player One by Ernst Cline ;-)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

SecretSanta-Coinop
timbit
timbit

Postby SecretSanta-Coinop » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:45 am

You'll be on the naughty list of you dont give us a new quote!

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:11 pm

SecretSanta-Coinop wrote:You'll be on the naughty list of you dont give us a new quote!

Fine.....here you go - name this quote:

"A human being is the most powerful computer in the world......and the only computer that can be mass produced by unskilled labor."
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:58 pm

jasonec wrote:
SecretSanta-Coinop wrote:You'll be on the naughty list of you dont give us a new quote!

"A human being is the most powerful computer in the world......and the only computer that can be mass produced by unskilled labor."

Not exactly what he said, but close enough. Wernher von Braun, regarding the best computer NASA can put on a shuttle.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:00 pm

ken_cinder wrote:
jasonec wrote:

Not exactly what he said, but close enough. Wernher von Braun, regarding the best computer NASA can put on a shuttle.

Pretty close - someone else said it too, who wrote some famous, and funny Sci-Fi books ;-)

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:04 pm

jasonec wrote:
ken_cinder wrote:
jasonec wrote:

Pretty close - someone else said it too, who wrote some famous, and funny Sci-Fi books ;-)

If they said it after Braun, it doesn't count. :P

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:28 pm

ken_cinder wrote:
jasonec wrote:
ken_cinder wrote:

If they said it after Braun, it doesn't count. :P

Good point. But Douglas Adams said it better ;-)

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:19 am

Hi guys, sorry to jump in here, but I have a quote that hopefully you can help me with its videogame related, specifically from a flash cartoon from Newgrounds.com

Its from a cartoon that was a parody of Metal Gear Solid Guns of the Patriots so around 2008(?) or after, and it was a reasonably well animated show, one of the characters was an overweight kid named Barry or Garry, the main character was a reasonably skinny kid with black hair and glasses that filmed his own video game reviews.

I think the parody of the title was "phoenix down rising" but its been a long time.
Any way the episode I recall had the following:

-main character (with glasses) was lined up outside a local game store for the midnight release of the spoof of metal gear solid game but he is like 2nd or 3rd in line and he's arguing with the guy ahead of him.

-the main character begins to say "thats where you are wrong sir! There was actually (insert some obscure information), and that is why I am the bigger fan of (parody of metal gear game), now stand aside so I may take my rightful place at the head of the line"

To which the guy ahead of him replies "what? No! Thats not how it works" or something to that effect.

To which the main character replies "I have to have this game! When I was 12 I imported the japanese only version of the 3rd game, I had to learn basic japanese just to navigate the title screen! I even completed the optional side quest that involved the convoluted sub plot involving opening up a noodle shop!"

At which point things begin to get out of hand and I think the police are called, and the main character shouts to barry "quick barry/larry fast-ball special" at which point barry/larry grabs his younger brother and throws him at the police or crowd, his brother slams in to a lamp post, the main character knocks over another gamer and steals their copy of 'phoenix down rising 5' or whatever its called.

The following episode has the main character playing 'phoenix down rising 5' and complaining about "you start the game, there's a cutscene, you walk 10 feet, there's a cutscene, you kill a guy there's a cutscene, you see the guy's funeral, you go the guy's funeral!" And the episode ends with barry/larry's brother waking up from a coma/concussion in the hospital asking what happened.

Hopefully thats enough to go on, thanks for any help you can give me.

Return to “The Donut Shop”