2019 in one troubleshooting part deux.

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

teamatomics
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

2019 in one troubleshooting part deux.

Postby teamatomics » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Ok, so I've got it to display the game menu, but now it seems frozen, controls do nothing, and it's highlighted the 5 game on the list (which happens to be 1941) and the usual "Shutdown" message at the top of the main game list isn't there. Anyone? Does anyone know of someone I can call to get through troubleshooting this thing? I haven't had an issue before, but the manual is useless when it comes to trouble.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help :)

Craig

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Are you using the original programed harddrive?
Did you install a coin battery on motherboard ?
If so use original only and remove battery
If not dip 4 press setup on mini board and select any restore default option you can find including game list

also your using a atx power supply ?( standard computer power supply 20 and 4 pin )
Only use 1power supply also

I was lazy and did not disconnect arcade cabinet power supply so had dubble power and played wwf all sprits acted like they did coke lol and this happen infront of buy he was are they spose to run so fast lol almost said yeah lol just kidding

No response to controls? wire jamma power inputs to draw off computer power supply
Yellow 12v
Red 5v
Black ground

b1buwg97
Secret Order of the Black Pac

Postby b1buwg97 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:16 pm

make sure grounds at 27 and 28 are not grounded to anything
snip those bitches and tie them into the grounds by the power...

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:31 am

I maybe mistaken, pin27 [button 6] is not used by the 2019 from jamma harness but pin 28 gives out common ground for all controls i leave it

I snip 27 from jamma harness and connect to kick harness that is included with board white player 1 red player 2

teamatomics
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby teamatomics » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Awesome, thanks guys! will try all of the above and write back.
I forgot about the grounds at pin 27 and 28, I thought that was
just for the 512 in 1, but there we have it. Will pull those.

I haven't done anything batterywise, I'm assuming Adam
sent it with the original programmed hard drive, but not certain.
Any way to tell?
I am using a standard, new ATX supply.
The rest of the power is disconnected (5V, 12V and ground) So hopefully it's just the grounds on pins 27 and 28. Thanks again I'll try it today and write back.

Craig

b1buwg97

Postby b1buwg97 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Try the other stuff 1st.... I have no experience with that board, just the others :-)

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:13 pm

B1 is correct about pin 27 couper cette salope !!!

You need to connect the jamma harness power inputs ( first three wires on jamma harness red yellow black ) 5volt and ground input powers control 12 volt input power audio just like any jamma I Don't cut pin 28 ( kinda suggest you don't )

If all these tips dont work contact Adam he will ship you a next hd yours might has an erroror be corrupted its rare to happen and is not adams fault its a posible risk when buying mega multi boards

I've set up 8 of these board since last year and did one last night as I posted but it's going in a day or two so get your questions up asap but I doubt you could have anything else that's practically all there is to this or any board

scbadboy
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scbadboy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:58 pm

It's an updated hard drive. And a new jamma harness so it should be good to go. It worked when tested. Let me know if you've gotten it working
Own: Chexx Hockey Canada vs. Russia, xxxx-in-1 in showcase cab, Bally Motordome

For all your arcade needs visit Multicade Canada http://www.multicade.ca

teamatomics
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby teamatomics » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Ok, thanks guys. And thanks for the quick replies, this thing is killing me lol. Ok, so in this cabinet, I just noticed, there were no grounds at pin 28, but there were 2 grounds at pin 27, so I clipped and wired those to the kick harness ground to see. No change, so it sounds like the 5V, 12V on the Jamma harness are the issue? I thought it would get what it needs from the massive ATX power supply connectors?

teamatomics
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby teamatomics » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Ok, so I connected the 5V from the ATX to the Jamma harness and the Grounds, and now it boots up normally and I can get in and play a
game and of course, the joysticks work and the top 3 buttons (no others are wired, so it's all good)....however...here's the next and hopefully
last thing...

I took the 12V from the ATX to the Jamma harness, but then when I powered it all up, the audio came out with squealing, screetchy noises that
were in synch with the fan, and with the various boot sequences, weird, and of course, when it disconnected the 12V it stopped. I saw the cabinet wiring also took the 12V to a coin counter, so of course I disconnected that.
Seems weird? Any ideas what to check next? I didn't try turning the volume
or treble knobs.

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:24 pm

When I hook mine up I don't connect 12v to Jamma as I don't use the Jamma audio output I connect a aux to PC headphone jack that to amp then to speakers

You could buy a mini audio amp ( happ controls kiosk solutions audio amp ) and wire to speakers for sound .those amp's are extremely loud makes the cabinet rumble

If the screeching sound is only happens when it loads that's normal, if during game play then you should try my tactic of using PC output to amp and speakers you will get better sound, but before you go and spend your money on a amp plug in a pair of powered PC speakers and listen if that sound is there , if it is there a bit not a big deal it could be some emf interference but now we out of my ball park with being able to help lol ( only know emf from ghost hunters lol )

Maybe putting a emf filter on 12v? Not sure. your old cabinet might have one hopefully someone can give that tip .

Make sure only the boards power supply and monitor is being powered any other things disconnect

Power supply should only power board don't power additional stuff from it ATX can Handel it but better for ATX and the board will get longer life

teamatomics
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby teamatomics » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Ok, thanks Arcade Marauder. So, I can maybe just run a headphone speaker jack and solder those to the speaker wires, right? I know you used a fancy amp and all, but I'm quite content with the regular speaker
sound, as long as it works. Think that would work?

This is weird, I mean, with the past two 2019s I've built, I've never
had to do all this shit, but I think it's because the other cabs had either
a switching power supply on top of it all, or the usual Dynamo/Street fighter power supply brick, so the 5 and 12 volt would get to the board. I can't remember, on the 2019s, do you have to short the green wire on the large ATX connector to a ground? I know with the 60 in 1, that fakes the supply into thinking that there's a motherboard to boot it, but I don't remember doing that with the 2019s. Although my memory sucks lol.

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:52 am

Not sure if output from headphone Jack gives out enough power for speakers maybe flea market pc speakers the way to go good way to save

Hacking green wire on atx never done that the black is groung in output section green maybe ground input from ac wall plug

I got a client for you in laval if your building on regular Arcademarauder@hotmail.ca

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 am

If you want to use the sound jack on your 2019 I would assume it has no amp because it's Like your pc. The pc speakers have the built in amp. Like A.M. said. Go get a cheap pc speaker system for $10. You could install an ac outlet inside your cab for power or run the 12v DC from your harness to the speaker amp. Then wire the 2 speaker outputs to your speakers. The pc speaker with the power button and volume control has the amp inside.

I'vE used those amps when I jammafied my gauntlet and other atari games. (Apb. Centipede...) They work great.

if you Google it you'll find instructions on how to do it. It's simple.

Mike

scbadboy
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scbadboy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 pm

It will also run a usb audio stick. Then you can run a regular headphone plug straight to the speakers

I'd adjust the Knobs first as i normally get that kind of sound on startup
Own: Chexx Hockey Canada vs. Russia, xxxx-in-1 in showcase cab, Bally Motordome

For all your arcade needs visit Multicade Canada http://www.multicade.ca

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”