K7000 Flyback

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

tribasic
timbit
timbit

K7000 Flyback

Postby tribasic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Where is the best place to order new flybacks? I need a new flyback for my WG K7000 but I can't seem to find a retailer with decent shipping rates.

Thanks!!!

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: K7000 Flyback

Postby Subpacket » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:53 pm

bob roberts
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Electronic Federation
timbit
timbit

Postby Electronic Federation » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:56 am

Hey sorry, but bob roberts is NOT the best place to buy flybacks. in fact its a real pain in the ass. You have to first send in a money order, and wait forever, plus his are expensive and he is the ONLY person ive ever actually gotten bad flys from and he will no return them.

try chad at arcadecup.com, where you can actually use a paypal checkout, or peter or security001 on KLOV> he also has a website, i think its arcadeparts.com or something along those lines, then there is twisted quarter, all of which are way better than bob. no offense, bob. just my personal experience and that of many i have talked to .

thanks,

chris
Monitor repair K7000, K7400,K7500, Sanyo's, Neotec's, G07, G05, K4900, K4600 and many more. Power supply repair, pcb repair and general arcade advice.

tribasic
timbit
timbit

Postby tribasic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:22 am

Thanks guys.

I ended up ordering a new flyback from arcadepartsandrepair.com.

Initially I was going to order from Bob Roberts, but it seemed like a hassle because of the money order.

Thanks for the help!

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:10 am

I placed an order with Bob Roberts once, and it was a good experience, but slow and expensive like Chris mentioned. Not accepting Paypal is just prehistoric today.
I've since found alternatives for anything I've needed on Bob Robert's site. For example, replacement Big Blue caps are $12 here (https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/ ... asp?cat=67) and they take Paypal and ship the same day.
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

tribasic
timbit
timbit

Postby tribasic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:53 am

I didn't know about greatplainselectronics. I'm browsing their website right now and it seems pretty good!

My biggest complaint about ordering stuff that I can't find locally is the shipping costs. When I was searching for a new flyback I could easily find one in the $19 to $25 USD price range... but then my shipping costs would be $33 USD or more!! Then once you convert that to CAD dollars it just gets crazy!

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:56 am

tribasic wrote:I didn't know about greatplainselectronics. I'm browsing their website right now and it seems pretty good!

My biggest complaint about ordering stuff that I can't find locally is the shipping costs. When I was searching for a new flyback I could easily find one in the $19 to $25 USD price range... but then my shipping costs would be $33 USD or more!! Then once you convert that to CAD dollars it just gets crazy!

If you are ordering parts, the first rule is: Never place a small order.
Order a LOT in order to get cheap/free shipping. I don't think I've ever placed a parts order under $200 to make it worth my while.
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

Electronic Federation
timbit
timbit

Postby Electronic Federation » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:12 am

Exactly. And caps, and all other parts that are available still get from digikey. Cap kits are great but if your doing alot of caps better to just stock then and order the common values way way cheaper.

I still recommend chad at arcadecup and Peter arcade parts. Com

Electronic Repair Services
Most monitors chassis repaired
Wells, Electrohome, Sanyo, Sanwa
Vintage audio equipment
Vintage tube equipment
cpurepair@rogers.com
Monitor repair K7000, K7400,K7500, Sanyo's, Neotec's, G07, G05, K4900, K4600 and many more. Power supply repair, pcb repair and general arcade advice.

aerostarz
stubby
stubby

Postby aerostarz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:17 am

Chad at arcadecup is honest fair price and ships out quick.

Chris works on these monitors and knows what he is talking about. Good that we have a local monitor guru on our own forum.
Pins: Popeye, JD, DM, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, RS.. just need IJ
Vids: Asteroids Deluxe,Tron,Battle Zone,Neo Geo 4,Centipede,Fix it Felix, SF 2,Space Duel,Major Havoc,World Class Bowling Deluxe,Radikal Biker,Golden Tee,Sega Super GT,Rampage,Cosmic Avengers

tribasic
timbit
timbit

Postby tribasic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:22 pm

I almost ordered from arcadeup.com, but they were sold out of k7000 flybacks.

The reason I needed to buy a new flyback is because I made the stupid mistake of ordering a flyback off Ebay about 6 years ago. Back then I didn't really know anything about rebuilding monitors or repairing arcade pcbs.

Turns out the flyback is bad. The brightness and focus wander in and out a bit, and if the anode wire moves at all, the picture will jitter back and forth. Took me forever to figure out that it was the anode wire causing the jitter because sometimes the picture would be great, but then the vibrations from the audio and movement from playing the machine would cause random jitter. As a test I decided to zip tie the wire around the monitor frame to lock it down and the picture is now rock solid.

But I don't really want to use the monitor until I get a new flyback in there.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Cool! I added ArcadeCup to the Vid Parts section on the HANDY LINKS sticky ;-)

Chazzman
toonie
toonie

Postby Chazzman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Wish I would have seen this post two days ago.

Just ordered K7000 flybacks from arcadecup.

Maybe we should start doing group orders once every 3 months or something?
DE Batman pin, Judge Dredd, NBA Jam, Gauntlet 2019-in-1, Galaga, Star Wars UR, Pac 60-in-1, Rush 2049 x 2, Championship Sprint, GT Complete, Joust, Dig Dug, S.I., Karate Champ

LF: Streetfighter 2 C.E., Asteroids, Spyhunter

shovelhed

Postby shovelhed » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:08 am

I use Iankellogg.com for all my monitor parts, he is great.

tribasic
timbit
timbit

Postby tribasic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Thanks for the info everyone! There's some great information here.
It's good to know that the next time I need parts there are quite a few good places to buy from.

I'm actually looking forward to the next time I need to rebuild a monitor! (....not really :) )

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”