Impressions of KLOV

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

SaraAB87
toonie
toonie

Re: Impressions of KLOV

Postby SaraAB87 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Hmm I've been on KLOV since 2007 I think?? And I never had to pay anything... dunno what that is or if that was something implemented after I joined...

Its not too bad, the PM feature can be useful as it sends an email to the person's email when you PM them, but you should be careful on there if you are using it for trading and business as with all internet forums.

If you don't like it, you can always stick to the PM feature or just browse.

Ryanmx5
timbit
timbit

Postby Ryanmx5 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm a novice compared to most of you guys. I mainly convert cabs to 60 in 1's and 19 in 1's.

I found the KLOV most useful at the starburst/playdium auctions. I researched games i found interesting to get info and see if it was worthwhile or made sense to convert.

My best score was the nintendo dualsystem i got from a starburst auction. I got it for $50. Even as a novice i saw value in the 2 monitors and pcb. I later realized it came from funland. Too bad i 60 & 19 in 1'd it. Oh well.
Too many kids, not enough games.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:17 pm

SaraAB87 wrote:Hmm I've been on KLOV since 2007 I think?? And I never had to pay anything... dunno what that is or if that was something implemented after I joined...

Yup - they apparently implemented it in summer 2012: https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showth ... p?t=247149
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

b1buwg97
Secret Order of the Black Pac
Secret Order of the Black Pac

Postby b1buwg97 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:32 pm

I have/had a shadow dancer i think- its like shinobi ii or similar right?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

juztbecause
loonie
loonie

Postby juztbecause » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Been a member since 2004 bought some parts over the years lots of good info and some very helpful people.
Lots of drama lots of F$#%tards but you've gotta take the bad with the good.
Don't visit often anymore many of the people I dealt with moved to an invite only site so I went with them however this site is
not for the weak of mind or the thinned skinned and has very little to do with sales and lots to do with being an asshat :)

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:39 pm

juztbecause wrote:Don't visit often anymore many of the people I dealt with moved to an invite only site so I went with them however this site is
not for the weak of mind or the thinned skinned and has very little to do with sales and lots to do with being an asshat :)

Neo-Geo forums?
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:02 pm

jasonec wrote:
juztbecause wrote:Don't visit often anymore many of the people I dealt with moved to an invite only site so I went with them however this site is

Neo-Geo forums?

Ass-hattery hardly starts to describe the neo geo forums...
Neo-Geo Big Red - 520in1 - 21" CRT
HS-5 -NBA JAM TE/MVS4 - 25" CRT
RadMobile - Upright Multi-Racer/Fighter - 19" LCD
2x PS2, 2x 27" CRT, TimeCrisis II/III iLink Co-Op Shooter
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

ChanceKJ
loonie
loonie

Postby ChanceKJ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:56 pm

I really like KLOV too.

Originally coming first from BYOAC i thought KLOV was a cesspool of negative elitists. Not really sure where that presumption came from.

I was completely wrong. The place isn't that bad at all, in fact i've also sold a few things there, and learned a ton of helpful stuff in the hobby.

I thing its one of those, "it is what you choose to make of it" type of situations.
ImageImage

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:25 am

It's useful. I sell pcb's there and rare parts.

I joined there first and OTTOgd or B1 pointed out cgcc.

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:36 am

ChanceKJ wrote:I really like KLOV too.

Originally coming first from BYOAC i thought KLOV was a cesspool of negative elitists. Not really sure where that presumption came from.

I can see where you were seeing this..

Mame is almost like a, "bad word" over there, but everyone seems to have at least one 60-in-1 in their line up. :roll:

There is a clear line in the sand when it comes to restoring a dedicated back to exactly how it should have left the factory or in a lineup that they frequented back in their day, compared to the few that just want a nice machine for a modern game room, ala not-for-commercial-use type of environment.

Both have a place, and I think in this day and age, its hard to have one without the other!
Neo-Geo Big Red - 520in1 - 21" CRT
HS-5 -NBA JAM TE/MVS4 - 25" CRT
RadMobile - Upright Multi-Racer/Fighter - 19" LCD
2x PS2, 2x 27" CRT, TimeCrisis II/III iLink Co-Op Shooter
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

juztbecause
loonie
loonie

Postby juztbecause » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:56 am

jasonec wrote:

Neo-Geo forums?

Nope.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:00 am

juztbecause wrote:
jasonec wrote:

Neo-Geo forums?

Nope.

Really?

juztbecause
loonie
loonie

Postby juztbecause » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:35 pm

jasonec wrote:
juztbecause wrote:
jasonec wrote:
Neo-Geo forums?

Nope.

Really?

Really.

I'm not referring anyone for a bit as most of the conversation has been the current US political situation and it was getting too
stupid even for me and trust me I can bring "stupid" into just about any situation. Even I have taken a break from the site for now.
Good bunch of guys just they have been wound tighter than a Nun's c#&t for the last while or I've become a big sensitive puss :) all of a sudden.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm

juztbecause wrote:I'm not referring anyone for a bit as most of the conversation has been the current US political situation and it was getting too
stupid even for me and trust me I can bring "stupid" into just about any situation. Even I have taken a break from the site for now.
Good bunch of guys just they have been wound tighter than a Nun's c#&t for the last while or I've become a big sensitive puss :) all of a sudden.

They just need to be more Canadian ;-)

SaraAB87
toonie
toonie

Postby SaraAB87 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Anyone from the old school RGVAC (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting) newsgroup.. that is where I am from. If you want to check out some drama read past posts on there... there is some crazy drama on there. I don't even know how I survived it as I know a few grown men who left the hobby due to the drama there. The newsgroup is still around, its just quite dead these days.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”