Free: Middle Earth Pinball, 4x Virtual On Boardsets etc (GONE)

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Re: Free: Middle Earth Pinball, 4x Virtual On Boardsets etc

Postby trueno92 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Hey Ken, thanks you're a fine gentleman!

What a nice day to be out, and I should have shot a pick up video but totally forgot....

Subpacket, I pm'd ya but really don't know when I'm going to be out west of vaughan.....!

Xed and Shoe, you guys too.

Now, recommendations for glass cutters and an actual ball bearing?
Neo-Geo Big Red - 520in1 - 21" CRT
HS-5 -NBA JAM TE/MVS4 - 25" CRT
RadMobile - Upright Multi-Racer/Fighter - 19" LCD
2x PS2, 2x 27" CRT, TimeCrisis II/III iLink Co-Op Shooter
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Postby Shoe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:17 pm

trueno92 wrote:Xed and Shoe, you guys too.

Hey man, thanks for the heads up! Ken hooked me up with the last control panel I needed a while back (thanks again Ken), so I'm good on that front.

I could use a spare PCB -- one of mine has an intermittent audio issue -- but make sure XeD is taken care of first. It sounds like he's starting from scratch on his build, so making sure he has a working pair would definitely trump getting me a spare. Which reminds me, let me know if you want to test the boards in my twin before sending 'em off.

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Yes all of this stuff is gone, it was nice meeting you. Had I known I was going to wind up getting rid of them Shoe, I would have given you a boardset or two at the time...wasn't the plan at the time though, but now I have to purge everything I've been hoarding in order to cut down on what I have to move.

If you do get together to test the boards etc, I also gave him 2 of the smoked glass for the monitors that may be of interest to you, I'm not sure what machines they would otherwise fit but they came from VO.

I have a feeling I forgot some VO stuff in a tote in my garage as well, or I gave them to you when you came out...the small marquees and other odds and ends like I/O boards and amps etc, I'd have to look but if you want any VO stuff I may still have left you're welcome to take it all.

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 pm

Shoe wrote:
trueno92 wrote:Xed and Shoe, you guys too.

Hey man, thanks for the heads up! Ken hooked me up with the last control panel I needed a while back (thanks again Ken), so I'm good on that front.

I could use a spare PCB -- one of mine has an intermittent audio issue -- but make sure XeD is taken care of first. It sounds like he's starting from scratch on his build, so making sure he has a working pair would definitely trump getting me a spare. Which reminds me, let me know if you want to test the boards in my twin before sending 'em off.

You are welcome to glass x2, fully populated control panels and a pick of 4 caged pcbs.

To carry on Ken's "pay it forward", I have some junk from a taito cocktail and a bunch of non working pcbs, which I don't know what they are... some jamma, some not, a necked 12" crt...

Make this the cgcc karma thread!
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 pm

If there is a nice player 2 marquee floating around I'd love to buy it and get it shipped to me in Ottawa, mines all cracked
Thx

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Postby Shoe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:05 am

ken_cinder wrote:I have a feeling I forgot some VO stuff in a tote in my garage as well, or I gave them to you when you came out...the small marquees and other odds and ends like I/O boards and amps etc, I'd have to look but if you want any VO stuff I may still have left you're welcome to take it all.

You gave me the marquees for sure, but I don't think I grabbed any filter boards or anything. That'd be great to have on hand, especially the amps, those things are notoriously fickle. Let me know what you find and I'll be more than happy to get it out of your way.

trueno92 wrote:You are welcome to glass x2, fully populated control panels and a pick of 4 caged pcbs.

I'll drop you a line the next time I'll be down your way, thanks bro. :D

scogon wrote:If there is a nice player 2 marquee floating around I'd love to buy it and get it shipped to me in Ottawa, mines all cracked
Thx

I've got a spare (pink one, right?), but it also has a small crack. The bottom left corner broke off (I think the retainer was overtightened) and had to be epoxied back together. Still, it may be nicer than what you've got, I'll get a picture for you soon.

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 am

Shoe, have you settled in and got your games setup? I remember that was in the works but I know that was months ago...?
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Postby Shoe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:27 am

trueno92 wrote:Shoe, have you settled in and got your games setup? I remember that was in the works but I know that was months ago...?

Nope. :( The basement is finally dry, but it took tearing out a patio, regrading the entire backyard, and redoing the gutters to get there. By the time I was done with all that, the busy season at work was on top of me.

The holdup right now is the electrical work, I got a couple of quotes over the winter and had some serious sticker shock. I'm adding 12 quad outlets and six new breakers to support them, all in an exposed basement ceiling. One dude quoted me $7k for that. :shock: So I guess it's waiting until I have some time for a DIY project...

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:10 am

Price for that electrical is stupid.

Are you going to put any sound proofing up in the exposed ceiling? Stuff gets loud quick if you have hardwood on the main floor.

Sounds like you are doing it right and its coming together pretty nicely
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

XeD
timbit
timbit

Postby XeD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 am

7k seem way over price for 12 quads even if you have to put a sub in. If only I was down there we could all trade services (electrician by trade)

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:55 am

XeD wrote:7k seem way over price for 12 quads even if you have to put a sub in. If only I was down there we could all trade services (electrician by trade)

If you were heading our way, id request some of those west coast peelers... the "talent" out on the pacific is just... yeeeeahh..
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Postby Shoe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 am

Yeah, I was floored by the quotes I got. I don't need a subpanel put in, there's no drop ceiling or drywall in the way, and I'm probably not even going to have the outlets on switches. Maybe I'm naive, but that seems like a pretty straightforward install, right?

I've wired up a garage before, so I think I can manage this as a DIY job, but I didn't have inspections or code enforcement to deal with back then. I dread the thought of the project going sideways because I missed a staple or drilled a hole that's 2mm too wide or something. :(

trueno92 wrote:Are you going to put any sound proofing up in the exposed ceiling? Stuff gets loud quick if you have hardwood on the main floor

I hadn't thought of that -- is it a problem with noise bleed into the rest of the house, or more of an issue with the basement itself getting crazy loud?

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:45 am

Too much bleed. Seriously. The ceiling of my basement has hardwood on the opposite side. The vents if you have central air and heat also provide a lot of noise ..

I'm sure it depends on the house tho..
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

ken_cinder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ken_cinder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 am

I have hardwood in the living room, with my pins on and especially being played...drop ceiling panels do quite a bit, as even with them it's a little noisy, but pull a couple panels out and damn it's noisy.
I can't stand the drop ceiling stuff though, it looks crappy...if I was staying here, I'd be pulling it all out and dry-walling it.

As for the electrical, I work directly with a dual ticketed millwright/electrician, and it's 100% legal to run your own wiring and put outlets etc in, you just pay for someone licensed to inspect your install and terminate at the panel. A MUCH cheaper solution to your problem.
Buy your romex, boxes and outlets and have at it, run it all to the panel but don't hook it up and then pay someone to do the rest.

XeD
timbit
timbit

Postby XeD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:53 am

Electrical is easy enough. Just make sure you drill at least 1/3 in from the joist and center of the beam for structural reason. For studs be at lease 1-1/4" way from the edge or you will need protection plates. Staple with in 300mm of the lumex entering the panel/box

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”