Jamma harness

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Re: Jamma harness

Postby Shoe » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 pm

One quick PSA: shipping times on AliExpress orders to Canada are through the roof right now. I place 50-100 orders a month (ranging from electronics components to car decals), and I'm currently receiving items shipped in November. The problem is specific to Canada, and the rumor is that there's an enormous customs backlog due to Fentanyl screenings. There are quite a few discussions going about this on RFD, ebay, reddit, etc., it's becoming a massive headache for anyone in Canada who shops on Asian websites.

I'm a huuuuuge fan of AliExpress and the like, don't get me wrong, I just want to make sure people don't have projects derailed due to stuff sitting in Vancouver waiting for a rubber stamp. Items will make it to you eventually, but expect shipping times of 90-120 days.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Shoe wrote:One quick PSA: shipping times on AliExpress orders to Canada are through the roof right now. I place 50-100 orders a month (ranging from electronics components to car decals), and I'm currently receiving items shipped in November. The problem is specific to Canada, and the rumor is that there's an enormous customs backlog due to Fentanyl screenings. There are quite a few discussions going about this on RFD, ebay, reddit, etc., it's becoming a massive headache for anyone in Canada who shops on Asian websites.

I'm a huuuuuge fan of AliExpress and the like, don't get me wrong, I just want to make sure people don't have projects derailed due to stuff sitting in Vancouver waiting for a rubber stamp. Items will make it to you eventually, but expect shipping times of 90-120 days.

Fentanyl? Jesus....is there anything that isn't cheaper in China?!?
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

brad808
toonie
toonie

Re: RE: Re: Jamma harness

Postby brad808 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Shoe wrote:One quick PSA: shipping times on AliExpress orders to Canada are through the roof right now. I place 50-100 orders a month (ranging from electronics components to car decals), and I'm currently receiving items shipped in November. The problem is specific to Canada, and the rumor is that there's an enormous customs backlog due to Fentanyl screenings. There are quite a few discussions going about this on RFD, ebay, reddit, etc., it's becoming a massive headache for anyone in Canada who shops on Asian websites.

Also notice this. Oct package arrive beginning of last week. 2x Nov right after that.

trueno92
stubby
stubby

Postby trueno92 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Is there some aliexpress forum I should be reading up on?

Shoe, what car decals are you speaking of????
Neo-Geo Big Red - 520in1 - 21" CRT
HS-5 -NBA JAM TE/MVS4 - 25" CRT
RadMobile - Upright Multi-Racer/Fighter - 19" LCD
2x PS2, 2x 27" CRT, TimeCrisis II/III iLink Co-Op Shooter
22"/16" Virtual Pinball
Trick Time Slot Pachislo

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Postby Shoe » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:43 pm

trueno92 wrote:Is there some aliexpress forum I should be reading up on?

Shoe, what car decals are you speaking of????

Well, there's a 140+ page thread on RFD (here's a link to the part where people start discussing the current problems), but if you're more looking for cool stuff to buy, aliholic.com and /r/aliexpress on reddit are fun reads.

Car decals are nothing special, just replacement badges, window decals, sticker bomb stuff, etc. Nothing interesting to report on the car front until I find a place that'll write me a safety cert for my new arcade hauler (aka drift truck). ;)

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Postby scoltx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:16 am

I wonder if it's Ali specific, I ordered some chassis direct from a shop in China on Feb 6 and received them Feb 15th. They shipped DHL.

Having said that I ordered a 19 in 1 off a vendor on Ali and it's been "flying" for 30 days according to the shipping tracker. Says shipped from China, not received by Customs Canada.

mike boss
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby mike boss » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:28 am

So funny to read about the delays. I had no idea. I've been waiting on items since December from both Ali and eBay. I've never had so many items NOT SHOW UP. I had to file disputes and thought to myself they must think I'm keeping all this stuff and no paying.

Again I had no clue about the delays.

Ironically I ordered some jamma harness for $10 CDN each, they are supposed to be compatible with the Pandora's box three. One arrived, one did not. Same thing with jamma extender for my final fight. None arrived.

Thanks guys for the info.

Thanks Jason for the steer towards Ali, I'll look for a lot tonight. I actually want to order some empty NES carts for a pi project. Off topic anyone know a good local source for a pi zero ? Don't think the pi3 fits in the cart.
Final Fight
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Punch-Out! Pi-Bartop
Nintendo DK 60-in-1(V)
Nintendo DK JR Mame(V)
Nintendo Popeye W/Pandoras Box 9
Nintendo Mario Bros Mame + 2 X Aim Trak
23" Touchscreen Juke
Fabi Foosball Table
Arcade1up Marvel Pinball

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:08 am

Does Ali have molex connectors like we find in our cabs? I was never able to find a source for them and I want to learn to pin some into mine which are currently total hackjobs.

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Postby Shoe » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:41 am

scoltx wrote:I wonder if it's Ali specific, I ordered some chassis direct from a shop in China on Feb 6 and received them Feb 15th. They shipped DHL.

Having said that I ordered a 19 in 1 off a vendor on Ali and it's been "flying" for 30 days according to the shipping tracker. Says shipped from China, not received by Customs Canada.

Not Ali specific per se, but specific to certain shipping methods. Private carriers are still fine, and ePacket is okay (but still slower than usual right now). Regular post is a nightmare, and that's what all of the cheap, free shipping stuff uses. A lot of sellers will let you pay extra for ePacket, but $8 shipping doesn't always make sense on a $2 part.

Do you have a tracking number for that 19 in 1? If the tracking number ends in two letters (usually CN, SG, HK), you can trick the Canada Post website into giving you at least a bit of information. Pull up this specific tracking form and paste in the tracking code TWICE on separate lines. If the date time comes up as N/A, the package is still in transit. If a date and time is listed, that (probably) means the item has been scanned in Canada and is waiting to be screened.

AllanSim wrote:Does Ali have molex connectors like we find in our cabs? I was never able to find a source for them and I want to learn to pin some into mine which are currently total hackjobs.

I've been able to find Molex and Amp connectors on Ali, but the quality has been very hit or miss. Sometimes the pins just don't get along with my crimper. I've actually had good luck with Sayal for most of that stuff, so I just grab it locally.

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Postby scoltx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:47 am

Shoe wrote:
scoltx wrote:I wonder if it's Ali specific, I ordered some chassis direct from a shop in China on Feb 6 and received them Feb 15th. They shipped DHL.

Not Ali specific per se, but specific to certain shipping methods. Private carriers are still fine, and ePacket is okay (but still slower than usual right now). Regular post is a nightmare, and that's what all of the cheap, free shipping stuff uses. A lot of sellers will let you pay extra for ePacket, but $8 shipping doesn't always make sense on a $2 part.

Do you have a tracking number for that 19 in 1? If the tracking number ends in two letters (usually CN, SG, HK), you can trick the Canada Post website into giving you at least a bit of information. Pull up this specific tracking form and paste in the tracking code TWICE on separate lines. If the date time comes up as N/A, the package is still in transit. If a date and time is listed, that (probably) means the item has been scanned in Canada and is waiting to be screened.

AllanSim wrote:Does Ali have molex connectors like we find in our cabs? I was never able to find a source for them and I want to learn to pin some into mine which are currently total hackjobs.

I've been able to find Molex and Amp connectors on Ali, but the quality has been very hit or miss. Sometimes the pins just don't get along with my crimper. I've actually had good luck with Sayal for most of that stuff, so I just grab it locally.

Nice tracking hack! Gonna try it when I'm back on a PC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:11 am

Interesting how you say this. I ordered a few items back in January off eBay and have not received either. One item I disputed with eBay and Paypal and got refunded, the other item listed March 22nd as the latest delivery date, so I will wait till then before filing a complaint.

Small stuff, one is a CF card adaptor so I can get rid of a hard drive on my Area 51 / Maximum Force game, and the other package was a big bag of PCB feet and screws for my cabinets. I never seem to have enough of these.....

On a side note, does anyone know where I can get the short little hex head screws that are used inside the cabs to screw things down with?
I want more games...

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:18 am

Interesting how you say this. I ordered a few items back in January off eBay and have not received either. One item I disputed with eBay and Paypal and got refunded, the other item listed March 22nd as the latest delivery date, so I will wait till then before filing a complaint.

Small stuff, one is a CF card adaptor so I can get rid of a hard drive on my Area 51 / Maximum Force game, and the other package was a big bag of PCB feet and screws for my cabinets. I never seem to have enough of these.....

On a side note, does anyone know where I can get the short little hex head screws that are used inside the cabs to screw things down with?
I want more games...

Shoe
timbit
timbit

Postby Shoe » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 am

theyangman wrote:On a side note, does anyone know where I can get the short little hex head screws that are used inside the cabs to screw things down with?

These guys? Lowes, Home Despot, and Home Hardware all have 'em in various sizes, but they're usually with sheet metal screws instead of wood screws. I've never seen them much cheaper online than in-store, so may as well grab them locally (and make sure they're the right size while you're at it).

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 am

Shoe wrote:

Ditto here - I buy all my Molex connectors from Sayal here in Cambridge
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:04 am

Shoe wrote:
theyangman wrote:On a side note, does anyone know where I can get the short little hex head screws that are used inside the cabs to screw things down with?

These guys? Lowes, Home Despot, and Home Hardware all have 'em in various sizes, but they're usually with sheet metal screws instead of wood screws. I've never seen them much cheaper online than in-store, so may as well grab them locally (and make sure they're the right size while you're at it).

Cambridge/Kichener Surplus sells multi-boxes full of different-sized small wood screws with the same heads.
I use them for this exact purpose.
$3 for a box of 200

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”