Pre configured retro pies?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Pre configured retro pies?

Postby theyangman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Looking for someone to sell me a pre configured retro pie.

I want to install this into a four player cabinet, with all or as many four player beat em ups as possible. Nothing other than beat 'em ups, but I imagine the roms are the least of my worries on this.

Don't have the time nor patience to learn this side of the hobby and as much as I don't like emulation, I have a spare cabinet without a purpose and this would be perfect.

Would like it to come pretty much ready to install, and ideally working off the original CRT that is already installed. Don't want to go to LCD if possible.

Anyone sell these or can whip one up? Let me know.
I want more games...

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Re: Pre configured retro pies?

Postby OTTOgd » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:50 pm

I'd be interested too!

... but I would like all the 4-player games that are playable in my NBA Jam.

I don't know if all these games apply but here's a game list!:

2 On 2 Open Ice Challenge (rev 1.21)
Alien Storm
Alien vs. Predator (US 940520)
Arabian Fight
Arabian Magic (US)
Armored Warriors (US 941024)
Atari Football (4 players)
Atari Soccer
Barricade
Battle Circuit (Asia 970319)
Battle Toads
Blazing Tornado
Bomber Man World (World)
Brute Force
Bucky O'Hare (US version UA)
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (US 930201)
Cadillacs Kyouryuu-Shinseiki (Japan 930201)
Captain America and The Avengers (US Rev 1.9)
Captain Commando (US 910928)
Car Polo
Checkmate
Comotion
Cops'n Robbers
Crime Fighters (US 4 players)
Crypt Killer (ver. UAA)
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat
Dark Adventure
Dead Connection (World)
Desert Assault (US)
Double Dragon 3 - The Rosetta Stone (US)
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (US 960619)
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (US 940125)
Dunk Mania (DM1/VER.C)
Dynablaster (World)
Euro Champ '92 (World)
Exvania (Japan)
Face Off (Japan)
Football Champ (World)
Gauntlet
Gauntlet II
GI Joe (US)
Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder (US)
Growl (US)
Hard Dunk (World)
Hat Trick Hero (Japan)
Hat Trick Hero '95 (US)
Heated Barrel (US)
High Impact Football (rev LA3 12/27/90)
Hit Me
Hit the Ice (US)
Hook (US)
Hot Rod (turbo 3 player)
Hyper Sports Special (Japan)
John Elway's Team Quarterback
Judge Dredd (rev LA1, prototype)
Karate Blazers (US)
Knights of the Round (US 911127)
Knuckle Heads (World)
Mercs (US 900302)
Metamorphic Force (US ver UAA)
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Set 2)
Muscle Bomber - The Body Explosion (Japan 930713)
Muscle Bomber Duo - Heat Up Warriors (Japan 931206)
Muscle Bomber Duo - Ultimate Team Battle (World 931206)
Mystic Warriors (US ver UAA)
NBA Hangtime (rev L1.1 04/16/96)
NBA Jam (rev 2.00 02/10/93)
NBA Jam TE (rev 4.0 03/23/94)
NBA Maximum Hangtime (rev 1.0 11/8/96)
Nettou! Gekitou! Quiztou!! (Japan)
NFL Blitz 2000
NFL Blitz '99
Numan Athletics (World)
Oriental Legend / Xi Yo Gi Shi Re Zuang (ver. 126)
Pigout
Pit Fighter (rev 3)
Power Drive
Punk Shot (US 4 Players)
Quartet
Racin' Force IS THIS RIGHT? 8 PLAYER?
Rampage (revision 2)
Rampage: World Tour (rev 1.1)
Rampart (Trackball)
Rim Rockin' Basketball (V1.2)
Ring Rage (US)
Run and Gun (US ver. UBA 1993 10.Cool
Run and Gun 2 (ver UAA)
Runark (Japan)
Rushing Heroes (ver UAB)
Sangokushi II (Asia 921005)
Saturday Night Slam Masters (US 930713)
Senjou no Ookami II (Japan 900302)
Silent Dragon (World)
Snow Bros. 2 - With New Elves / Otenki Paradise
Spider-Man: The Videogame (US)
Star Guards
Sunset Riders (US 4 Players ver. UDA)
Super Cup Finals (World)
Super High Impact (rev LA1 09/30/91)
Tecmo Bowl (World?)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (UK 4 Players)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time (US 4 Players ver. UAA)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (US 4 Players)
Tenchi wo Kurau II - Sekiheki no Tatakai (Japan 921031)
The Combatribes (US)
The King of Dragons (US 910910)
The Main Event (4 Players ver. Y)
The Ninja Kids (World)
The Simpsons (4 Players)
The Three Stooges In Brides Is Brides
TouchDown Fever
TouchDown Fever 2
Tournament Cyberball 2072 (rev 1)
Tournament Table (set 1)
Trog (prototype, rev 4.00 07/27/90)
Turbo Force
Undercover Cops (World)
Vendetta (World 4 Players ver. R)
Violent Storm (US ver UAB)
Vs. Tennis
Warlords
Warriors of Fate (US 921031)
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
Wheel Of Fortune
Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa (US version UA)
World Soccer Finals
WWF WrestleFest (US)
Xenophobe
X-Men (US 4 Players)

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Postby scoltx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:51 pm

The easiest route is to go with the ArPiCade from HighScore saves, it'll just plug into your jamma cab. I've seen Richard Maltby's in his Ninny cab and it looks amazing on the standard res monitor. You can grab a pi from the site, but really should grab the horizontal imaged SD card, it likely has most of the games on the list. Also the sd image would already be configured for the 15khz scan rate needed for the correct video out.

It's pricey but plug and play.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/arpicade ... igame.html

EDIT:
Thinking about this, not sure how easy 4 player would be OOTB, might have to add a ipac for p3 and p4

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:22 am

Hey Tony have you looked at groovymame? I can't wrap my head around why anyone would install any mame emulation system in a real cab with CRT other than groovymame. Unless you are running groovymame 0.182 or newer in a cab then you have a minimum of one of three things screwed, likely all: video output is way off (need switchres to match each individual game, not just "15k for all"), input delay is way too high (should be running d3d9ex and frame delay for reduced input), and sounds are way off (mame finally put Port audio in 0.182... There were a couple ASIO versions of groovymame floating around previously but Port is better).

In my opinion anyone using less than that instantly losses any credibility when they say emulation sucks because they are using an inferior form.

Aka if you install pi, Pandora's, xxx in one, mame, 60-1, etc no bitching about how emulation sucks because your system is shit and was guaranteed to be off the day you installed it. They all have there place, none of which is in any real cab of anyone that is familiar with arcade machines.

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:58 am

brad808 wrote:Hey Tony have you looked at groovymame? I can't wrap my head around why anyone would install any mame emulation system in a real cab with CRT other than groovymame. Unless you are running groovymame 0.182 or newer in a cab then you have a minimum of one of three things screwed, likely all: video output is way off (need switchres to match each individual game, not just "15k for all"), input delay is way too high (should be running d3d9ex and frame delay for reduced input), and sounds are way off (mame finally put Port audio in 0.182... There were a couple ASIO versions of groovymame floating around previously but Port is better).

In my opinion anyone using less than that instantly losses any credibility when they say emulation sucks because they are using an inferior form.

Aka if you install pi, Pandora's, xxx in one, mame, 60-1, etc no bitching about how emulation sucks because your system is shit and was guaranteed to be off the day you installed it. They all have there place, none of which is in any real cab of anyone that is familiar with arcade machines.

Sure, some forms of emulation are going to be better than others, hands down. No argument from me here. 10000% accuracy is not the goal. A bunch of games at a cost effective price is. I want something people can bang around on for a few beers, beat ninja turtles and be happy. It's not going to be used to practice tournament level SF3 third strike on.

I don't have a spare PC lying around, which would have helped champion the mame route, and I'd also don't have a spare jpac, and even THEN I'd still need to configure it all myself. The time/effort/cost ratio is something I have to consider and time is something I am very short on. I have other games I'd rather be fixing than a mame machine, hence why I wanted the option of something relatively plug and play. At this point, I'd almost consider another Pandora's box, if I could just verify if it supported 4 player games and all the joysticks or not. It would be the stupidly easiest way to appease the masses. This is not a cabinet I am going to be proud of, but just a filler.
I want more games...

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:04 am

Ok no problem. Just wanted to make sure you knew of its existence and what it is/ what it can do. If you know about it and make an informed decision to proceed other direction for various reasons (cost, size, configuration, etc) that's fine too. Just make sure you know the limitations of each and complain within them :-D.

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:17 am

brad808 wrote:Ok no problem. Just wanted to make sure you knew of its existence and what it is/ what it can do. If you know about it and make an informed decision to proceed other direction for various reasons (cost, size, configuration, etc) that's fine too. Just make sure you know the limitations of each and complain within them :-D.

:D
I want more games...

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:28 am

brad808 wrote:Hey Tony have you looked at groovymame? I can't wrap my head around why anyone would install any mame emulation system in a real cab with CRT other than groovymame. Unless you are running groovymame 0.182 or newer in a cab then you have a minimum of one of three things screwed, likely all: video output is way off (need switchres to match each individual game, not just "15k for all"), input delay is way too high (should be running d3d9ex and frame delay for reduced input), and sounds are way off (mame finally put Port audio in 0.182... There were a couple ASIO versions of groovymame floating around previously but Port is better).

Agreed +1

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:01 am

... and I'd like a Hyperspin frontend, please!

Btw, I've had Mame32 0.85 since 2004 but will accept any 'upgrades', thanks!

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:54 am

=-O perfect time to upgrade there has been literally thousands of major improvements and overhauls made since then. What is your location phone doesn't tell me? If you are near me you can copy files. It is "my" hyperspin though not "50000 console games hyperspin". Strictly coin operated. I can give you a decent mame setup though with wheels, themes, vids etc. Do you know system specs?

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:54 am

I'm in Brantford

nagamitsu
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby nagamitsu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:28 pm

scoltx wrote:The easiest route is to go with the ArPiCade from HighScore saves, it'll just plug into your jamma cab. I've seen Richard Maltby's in his Ninny cab and it looks amazing on the standard res monitor. You can grab a pi from the site, but really should grab the horizontal imaged SD card, it likely has most of the games on the list. Also the sd image would already be configured for the 15khz scan rate needed for the correct video out.

It's pricey but plug and play.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/arpicade ... igame.html

EDIT:
Thinking about this, not sure how easy 4 player would be OOTB, might have to add a ipac for p3 and p4

Seen Richard's in person too, and it looks and plays amazing! I'm not one to have time to delve into whole setup of these either, so something that is more plug and play is great. The price is just out of my budget personally at moment myself.

Tim

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm so tempted by the rising crop of jamma pi devices. GroovyMame is excellent, but not without its setup headaches. The newest version is much better than the previous one though. I keep finding I have to adjust my monitor settings after switching games though, not sure if its my hardware or settings I've not properly setup.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:13 pm

@Canadian rye that depends on your setup I guess. One thing people seem to completely turn a blind eye to and one major reason why so many emulation systems are so far off is this... A lot of boards don't have the same output!

I've put these up before but look. Sf2 video output vs mk2 video output. They shouldn't be displaying the same because they were never meant to be displayed the same. Forcing them to display the same means purposely messing up the emulation.

Not saying that's your problem but people need to realise what they are doing taking 20000 games that had different outputs and forcing them to be the exact same.

"Switches" is one of my super resolution video modelines that's why "2560" is the sameImageImage

Arcademarauder
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Arcademarauder » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 pm

brad808 wrote:@Canadian rye that depends on your setup I guess. One thing people seem to completely turn a blind eye to and one major reason why so many emulation systems are so far off is this... A lot of boards don't have the same output!

I've put these up before but look. Sf2 video output vs mk2 video output. They shouldn't be displaying the same because they were never meant to be displayed the same. Forcing them to display the same means purposely messing up the emulation.

Not saying that's your problem but people need to realise what they are doing taking 20000 games that had different outputs and forcing them to be the exact same.

"Switches" is one of my super resolution video modelines that's why "2560" is the sameImageImage

:ditto: <3CGCC :exactly: :nicethread: :nothingtoadd:

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”