New"Barcade" in Waterloo

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

New"Barcade" in Waterloo

Postby Lordsxo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 am

Came across an ad for staff for a bar with pins and arcades in Waterloo. No mention of when they will open.

Please view this ad:

Bartenders, Servers, Security, Bar Runners, Coat Check,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-bar-food-hospit ... 1319006065
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: New"Barcade" in Waterloo

Postby jasonec » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:52 am

Yup - that's Che's barcade - he doesn't have an opening date yet, but I'm sure it will be soon!
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

Che

Postby Che » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:40 pm

jasonec wrote:Yup - that's Che's barcade - he doesn't have an opening date yet, but I'm sure it will be soon!

If all goes well with the bureaucrats I'll get'r open before Christmas!

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Che wrote:
jasonec wrote:Yup - that's Che's barcade - he doesn't have an opening date yet, but I'm sure it will be soon!

Need some help with the bureaucrats?

Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:29 am

^^^ LOL :lol:
Sega Astro City 2.

Che

Postby Che » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Need some help with the bureaucrats?

Image[/quote]

Truthfully the city and agco have all been great to this point. Just have to finish up a few things and get the final walkthroughs and then it's moving in time!

Also doing hiring this week...if anyone knows someone they think would be good please feel free to send them my way. Looking for door, bar, floor, and coat check staff.

Cheers,

Che
checurnew@gmail.com

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Che, can you share a bit with us, like how many machines, what years are covered, anything special/uncommon?
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:57 am

LOL i love this..
Sega Astro City 2.

Che

Postby Che » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 am

Lordsxo wrote:Che, can you share a bit with us, like how many machines, what years are covered, anything special/uncommon?

Definitely, thanks for asking!

I intend to rotate a fair bit so I've been collecting games for this project for a while now.

I've got vids ranging from Robotron, Punch Out and Qbert (Qbert was a personal favourite in my arcade brat days so was a real grail for me), through Sf2, Mk2 and NBA Jam, up 2 player drivers and shooters.

I'll likely run with 10-12 pins at a time, including 70's em's, 80's ss's, and dmd's from the 90's to current. Pin-Up, an original Medievel Madness and Guardians of the Galaxy (if it delivers on time) will be a few of the highlight pins.

Rounding out the vids and pins will be a small handful of skill games; Ice Cold Beer, Fire Escape, Skee Ball etc...

All in all there should be a selection of 35-40 games at a time based on my rough layouts, but I'll know better when I (finally) start moving games in this week!

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm so excited to see barcades opening up across Ontario! I really thought arcades were going to be lost forever, but this resurgence is so great to see. I'm currently living in Portland OR. where there are tonnes of legit barcades, and just regular bars with a few games and some pinball. I'm moving back to Ontario in a few days, and am relieved that I wont have to give up going to the arcade!

Good luck to everyone involved!
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 pm

c0nn0r wrote:I'm so excited to see barcades opening up across Ontario! I really thought arcades were going to be lost forever, but this resurgence is so great to see. I'm currently living in Portland OR. where there are tonnes of legit barcades, and just regular bars with a few games and some pinball. I'm moving back to Ontario in a few days, and am relieved that I wont have to give up going to the arcade!

Good luck to everyone involved!

I was actually thinking of opening a barcade in Cambridge.
In other words, I was thinking of putting a bar in my basement, which would turn my arcade into a barcade.

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:50 am

c0nn0r wrote:I'm so excited to see barcades opening up across Ontario! I really thought arcades were going to be lost forever, but this resurgence is so great to see.

You know what the best part of this resurgence is? Is in a couple years, when redemption machines take over the Barcades like they did in the in the 2000's in original arcades, we'll have tons of classic arcades going for cheap. :D

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Che wrote:

So were you able to open before Christmas like you hoped? If not, when is the next target date, I'm looking forward to checking this out when your open.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Lordsxo wrote:
Che wrote:

So were you able to open before Christmas like you hoped? If not, when is the next target date, I'm looking forward to checking this out when your open.

It opens Friday at 8pm - be there!

TopTierArcade
loonie
loonie

Postby TopTierArcade » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:12 pm

jasonec wrote:
Lordsxo wrote:
Che wrote:

It opens Friday at 8pm - be there!

I will be there!!! Filming and playing :p
Welcome to Top Tier Arcade!

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”