Possible Candy Cabs Buy (No longer happening)

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Re: RE: Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby amplibax » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Lordsxo wrote:
amplibax wrote:I just ordered a cab from yaton in china. From the pics it looks pretty decent. I'll report back when it gets here. They made thousands and thousands of these. I think there's still decent stuff out there in Asia.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I knew that Yaton had a whole warehouse, but every time I looked, it was always parts. When I saw your message I took a look and found a New Net City that looked to be in better shape by a great amount compared to everything I have seen. There was a $100 off promo from EBay, so I ordered it. Hopefully this one will work out so much better than the last one.

Sorry guys but I don't see my self organizing any buys in the near future.
Good luck please let me know how it goes. My order was placed on May 26th and I still don't have any shipping paperwork.

What port is your machine being shipped to? Are you hiring a customs broker?

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Re: RE: Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby Lordsxo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:56 pm

amplibax wrote:
Lordsxo wrote:
amplibax wrote:I just ordered a cab from yaton in china. From the pics it looks pretty decent. I'll report back when it gets here. They made thousands and thousands of these. I think there's still decent stuff out there in Asia.

I knew that Yaton had a whole warehouse, but every time I looked, it was always parts. When I saw your message I took a look and found a New Net City that looked to be in better shape by a great amount compared to everything I have seen. There was a $100 off promo from EBay, so I ordered it. Hopefully this one will work out so much better than the last one.

Good luck please let me know how it goes. My order was placed on May 26th and I still don't have any shipping paperwork.

Mine will be heading to the port of Toronto, I'm lining up a forwarding company to deliver it to my place. The cabinet will be going to the shippers warehouse for clearing.
I won't be hiring a custom broker, I did talk to a couple and they told me, even though it is a commercial item, since the cabinet will be used for personal reasons, the individual must clear it themselves, but only to pay PST GST/HST. (And to make a declaration, likely) The custom brokers said that they can help with the papers for $200, but the guy told be that they charge that because they don't really want to do it since it's a hassle, and that it's easier for the person that is bringing in the item to do it.

Well we'll see if its as easy as that.

BTW, Yaton had some Astro Cities up, I got one and the other sold with in a couple hours of him posting them. So I have two coming in now, they will be shipped together.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby amplibax » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Lordsxo wrote:
amplibax wrote:
Lordsxo wrote:

Mine will be heading to the port of Toronto, I'm lining up a forwarding company to deliver it to my place. The cabinet will be going to the shippers warehouse for clearing.
I won't be hiring a custom broker, I did talk to a couple and they told me, even though it is a commercial item, since the cabinet will be used for personal reasons, the individual must clear it themselves, but only to pay PST GST/HST. (And to make a declaration, likely) The custom brokers said that they can help with the papers for $200, but the guy told be that they charge that because they don't really want to do it since it's a hassle, and that it's easier for the person that is bringing in the item to do it.

Well we'll see if its as easy as that.

BTW, Yaton had some Astro Cities up, I got one and the other sold with in a couple hours of him posting them. So I have two coming in now, they will be shipped together.
Good to know. I only talked to one customs broker and they didn't really want to help since it is a personal shipment. I have self cleared courier items in the past but never a large freight item like this. In the past, I've just gone to the Canada Border services office once the item arrived at the couriers warehouse, paid the hst and duty at cbsa and then went and picked it up.

I'm having mine sent to Saint John, NB and my intention is to pick it up at the Port. I'm hoping it's that easy. I'll update once I hear more. Yaton just sent me the BOL the other day. It's taking a bit longer than expected, but I'm hopeful everything will work out. I bought the other Astro City that was listed.

XeD
timbit
timbit

Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby XeD » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 am

So you're the guy that bought his cab. I was just talking to him today. Does anyone know what to expect when shipping a container to Canada?

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:57 am

XeD wrote:

So you're the guy that bought his cab. I was just talking to him today. Does anyone know what to expect when shipping a container to Canada?

Yanton has another Astro City up #4.

Shipping a container to Canada, most of it is easy, in a net shell, buy the product, and they load it up. Now they may send it to your port as part of the cost, you would need a freight forwarder to get it from there to here. A broker will take care of the customs. Then the forwarding company will sent it your way. Now this is the problem, you need a place to unload the container, they won't park it on your street. If you don't have a place, you will need to contract a company that will empty it for you. After that, you'll warehouse it, or have is delivered on a truck with a tailgate lift.

If you need help with forwarding companies, look here https://www.ciffa.com/
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)

XeD
timbit
timbit

Postby XeD » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:21 pm

I have been contacting clear it and arrival. I'm current in search for a storage that can accommodate a 40' trailer. Only problem with this deal so far is I can't really sell the cabs for cheap as my partner want to go retail. I get a free cab for helping. I'm still crunching number to see if it is worth rhe time and headache.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:48 am

XeD wrote:I have been contacting clear it and arrival. I'm current in search for a storage that can accommodate a 40' trailer. Only problem with this deal so far is I can't really sell the cabs for cheap as my partner want to go retail. I get a free cab for helping. I'm still crunching number to see if it is worth rhe time and headache.

If you are going to sell them at cost, then it worth it. If you are going to sell at a profit, and you have been importing other things for sometime, and have a warehouse with workers, and have a way to sell them through fast ( with a small margin), then you might be alright.
But if is a let see how it goes, where you would have the find the right price to make a decent profit, you'll find that you'll find a handful of people that have to have them and a couple will sell, but the rest will sit in storage, either costing money or taking up space that can be used for other things.

Most people you'll find will pay happy to pay $2k but it needs to be super clean (no discolouration) with all the parts, and no broken items, and fully working. What I have discovered, most machines are missing things, have incorrect part, bad screens, cigarette burns, and you would be lucky to sell them for what you paid. But I'm sure that there are a couple warehouses in Japan that have tons of these in good condition, but haven't been discovered yet.

XeD
timbit
timbit

Re: Possible Candy Cabs Buy (No longer happening)

Postby XeD » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:18 am

I will be sharing the container with another. Once I get the pictures and the deal is confirm, I'll share more detail. For what the cab is I believe I can sell them I just need to confirm interest.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Re: Possible Candy Cabs Buy (No longer happening)

Postby brad808 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:59 am

I hope someone brings more over so I can fill my room. Reality is there will be many things with much higher profit margin, much larger buyer market, and more sustainable "business" to import in a container from China for profit. Total people that collect arcade machine in Canada are small market (maybe in the X000s, even 10000 is peanut business relative to almost anything else you could import), total people into candy cabs is substantially smaller, total people that say they would pay $2000 for one is even smaller, total people that would actually hand over cash at the time would be even smaller. Really only makes sense from a hobby/passion stand point. I imagine there is enough for a group buy but to go through all the hassle getting connects and logistic for 1 or 2 container before market has its fill? Doesn't sound like sustainable business model. Fingers crossed though.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”