Possible Candy Cabs Buy (No longer happening)

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:27 pm

Hope you get some good news soon. Please keep us posted.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 pm

Well that's unfortunate, glad to hear you're not out the money.

At least you know if you are ever able to do this again their is definite interest.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Hey Lordsxo, any update to this? Hope all is well.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Bumping this...

I guess OP got ripped off in the deal, else we would have heard some good news by now.

Anyone know any different?

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon May 14, 2018 9:15 am

Any update on this?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 am

c0nn0r wrote:Any update on this?

It's been awhile, sorry that I haven't been here in that time to tell the story.

So after 4.5 weeks, I got my money back. It ended being stuck in limbo in the banking system, it never made it to the seller. I did lose a couple hundred from the exchange rate difference from when I sent it, and got it back. Just happy to get it back, since no one knew where it was for much of that time.

So while this was going on, the seller came across another buyer, and they all went that way. Also around this time I was getting set on a trip to a few countries in Asia for a couple months.

So I got a message from the seller while I was on my trip, and they said that they have another pile to sell, they sent me a couple pictures. They mentioned that this lot was in Japan. They were a little shocked when I asked to see them as I just happened to be in Tokyo at the time. I got the address and I went down to see. The ones there were in sad shape, paint chipping off, burn in on most of the screens, panels not fitting properly almost falling off, and missing parts. You could probably make one good one from for our five. These were mostly Naomi Universal's, Net City's, and NOC's. I was having battery problems with my phone, so it was dead when I got there, so sorry, no pictures.

So with that, I'm not going to bother with these anymore. I visited a couple arcades while in Japan and I didn't see one candy cab at all. Mostly crane games and redemptions, and I saw only one Vewlix and that was beat up pretty good, and most of the fighters were in lindbergh cabs. In HK arcades, I only saw knock offs, but in the Philippines, I did see a few Naomi Universal's and Versus City's and they weren't in the greatest shape.
I have come to the conclusion that most candies in Asia is what's left over from the good ones, and probably not worth the money to bring over and I'm kind of glad that I had the problem with the funds, as I would have been really up set of I went to that trouble to get the ones that I saw.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:54 am

thanks for sharing.. damn eh... I should of never sold my NAC lol :censored:
Sega Astro City 2.

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Postby amplibax » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:56 am

I just ordered a cab from yaton in china. From the pics it looks pretty decent. I'll report back when it gets here. They made thousands and thousands of these. I think there's still decent stuff out there in Asia.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Glad you got your cash back!

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:10 am

Glad to hear you got most of your money back. I supposed it's not surprising their aren't many candy cabs left, kinda sad though.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:59 am

Lordsxo wrote:

It's been awhile, sorry that I haven't been here in that time to tell the story.

It's great that you could give us an update. Appreciated! Glad you got your money back, and sounds like you had a great trip to Tokyo. When I was as last in Tokyo in 2014 I saw a bunch of candies in arcades in Akihabara. In fact, it was the first time I ever saw a candy in person. Loved them so much I brought home a SEGA HSS-0130 Astro City panel for Saturn.

There is a guy in Netherlands going by the name RKLOK who imports quality cabinets. Only sells gear in good working order. Prices are decent, but would need it get it shipped again from Netherlands, which will basically double the price. But for about $2k you can get yourself a nice quality specimen. I recommend checking him out. I've not bought from him before, but hope to in the future!

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 am

amplibax wrote:I just ordered a cab from yaton in china. From the pics it looks pretty decent. I'll report back when it gets here. They made thousands and thousands of these. I think there's still decent stuff out there in Asia.

Why type of cab did you order? Details please!

It would be great if you could post about your experience with this. The more we know about candy cab options the better.

Congrats on taking the jump. Is this your first candy?

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 am

c0nn0r wrote:
Lordsxo wrote:

It's great that you could give us an update. Appreciated! Glad you got your money back, and sounds like you had a great trip to Tokyo. When I was as last in Tokyo in 2014 I saw a bunch of candies in arcades in Akihabara. In fact, it was the first time I ever saw a candy in person. Loved them so much I brought home a SEGA HSS-0130 Astro City panel for Saturn.

There is a guy in Netherlands going by the name RKLOK who imports quality cabinets. Only sells gear in good working order. Prices are decent, but would need it get it shipped again from Netherlands, which will basically double the price. But for about $2k you can get yourself a nice quality specimen. I recommend checking him out. I've not bought from him before, but hope to in the future!

I was in every arcade that I could find in Akihabara, and lots others places in Tokyo too, also in Osaka, and I didn't see one candy with a CRT, only the LCD type. I found the pick that I have of one in the Philippines.

Image Image

It's a New Net City with a Naomi Universal Bezel, and there is a Versus City behind it. These are the best two examples of Candies that I saw on my entire trip.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Re: RE: Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby amplibax » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:12 pm

c0nn0r wrote:
amplibax wrote:I just ordered a cab from yaton in china. From the pics it looks pretty decent. I'll report back when it gets here. They made thousands and thousands of these. I think there's still decent stuff out there in Asia.

Why type of cab did you order? Details please!

It would be great if you could post about your experience with this. The more we know about candy cab options the better.

Congrats on taking the jump. Is this your first candy?
I ordered an Astro City. I don't have any other candies currently but in the past I had an Atomiswave SD and a couple generic ones.

The price was good, but I've paid like over a month a go and I still don't have the shipping bill or any other confirmation that it has actually shipped. Once I have more information I will post an update.

Edit: I checked and it's actually been 44 days... At this point I'm not sure if I should just open a case to extend the buyer protection period or what...
eBay buyer protection ends after 45 days. He says it shipped about 2 weeks ago but I don't really have any proof. He's always been a very trustworthy seller. I've bought a lot of parts from him in the past but I don't know of anyone who actually bought full cabs from him. I just don't want to tarnish my rep with him because if I receive this and it's legit I intend to buy more from him. From what I can tell PayPal resolution centre allows you to open a dispute for as many as 180 days.

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 pm

I knew that Yaton had a whole warehouse, but every time I looked, it was always parts. When I saw your message I took a look and found a New Net City that looked to be in better shape by a great amount compared to everything I have seen. There was a $100 off promo from EBay, so I ordered it. Hopefully this one will work out so much better than the last one.

Sorry guys but I don't see my self organizing any buys in the near future.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”