Possible Candy Cabs Buy (No longer happening)

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:24 am

How are the monitors on these units? The photos don't show any of them turned on. Has OP commented at all about how well they function?
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:14 pm

c0nn0r wrote:How are the monitors on these units? The photos don't show any of them turned on. Has OP commented at all about how well they function?

No mention of it yet, just that it's in operating condition. They have more than what I'm ordering, so they will pick out the best for me, then send more pictures for a yay or nay for each unit. I let everyone know when we are at that point.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

KCSlater

Postby KCSlater » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi Lordsxo,

I sent you a PM, but I didn’t receive a response. I am assuming that your inbox was getting flooded, or that you read and acknowledged it, but forgot to respond.

Anyway, originally I opted in for. NNC or Blast City, But I’m curious to see if any Areo City’s are available? That would actually be my ideal cab!

Either way I’m in, but if it’s not too far along in the process, I’d prefer an AC.

Thanks again for taking this on!

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:47 pm

KCSlater wrote:Hi Lordsxo,

I sent you a PM, but I didn’t receive a response. I am assuming that your inbox was getting flooded, or that you read and acknowledged it, but forgot to respond.

Sorry, I saw it and marked you down. I thought that I responded. I would love an Aero City too, but they didn't have any, and I think they will be really tough to get now, as it's getting harder to find the newer New Astro Cities from Asia.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)

KCSlater

Postby KCSlater » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:26 pm

No worries! I’m just pumped to get in on this buy!

MR.MK2
toonie
toonie

Postby MR.MK2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Very excited and hoping these are in decent shape, thanks again Lord
Too much mame, check out my ish!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8a5SNPBcfQ
Giving Cabs a second chance
Mame standup x4
mame cocktail x2
Flash pinball
Astro city vert
Fabi jits
Mame/360 in the works

Hrvat9
timbit
timbit

Postby Hrvat9 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Can I still get in on this?? Blast or egret , whichever has one left over, I want one!!

Gambit92

Postby Gambit92 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi there,

I’d like in on this too please.
Whatever is available, I am down for.

Could you please PM me or respond below to let me know if I’m in?

Thanks!

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:21 pm

Sorry but I I'm ordering 18, and they are all spoken for at the moment. Just so everyone know who is on my list, I will list it below.

Have asked for one or more in particular cabinets:

Longobongo
Jump
amplibax
theyangman
jeffo
MR.MK2
KCSlater
brad808

Have said that they want one, but didn't mention what they wanted exactly:

Tekkaraiden
c0nn0r
nork69

I have been tracking when and what people have asked for and that list will be followed in order when it comes.

The Egret 3 was pretty popular, but there was only 3 of them, and so far I have 5 people looking for them. So there is the list of people asking for those in order that I received them, Jump, theyangman, jeffo, and brad808. I didn't care for them so I not keeping any for myself.

Also, if anyone is currious, I'm taking a Blast and Net City for myself.

longobongo

Postby longobongo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 pm

may as well add me to that egret list too lol

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

For the record, I'm no longer looking for a candy cab, and I have no egrets about it ;-)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

KCSlater

Postby KCSlater » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Hey Lordsxo,

I recognize you’re probably getting inundated with questions and requests, and I’m not looking to pile on to that.

I’m just curious about an approximate timeline, so we buyers can try to make arrangements logistically on our end?

Again, nothing concrete, just curious if we’re talking days/weeks or months for delivery (and consequently pick-up on our end) of the cabs?

I appreciate your transparency so far. Thanks again for taking the reigns on this!

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Okay guys, I have some bad news. The funds that I sent to pay for the lot never made it. For what ever reason, I sent the money to the group that would send the Wire, and then they sat on it, as it should have gone on Thursday. Over the weekend, they reported that it would be sent on Monday. Monday came and went and I figured that it went, then my contact called me to see where the funds were.

I talked to this company handling the Wire, and they were very vague on the reason why it didn't go. Also they refused to push it through. Now I didn't lose the money, they will be giving it back, but it will be by cheque, in 2-3 weeks, then a 7 day hold, a whole month.
So I let the seller know the story, and they can't hold out for a month or more. With that there was another buyer in the wings, and it looks like it will go to them.

I'm sorry guys, I really thought that this would make it through. I thought that if there were any issues, it wouldn't be related to funds. I'm still good with this person, so the'll keep me in the loop. If I can get this up and running again, I'll keep everyone in mind that was hoping for one.

I'm really upset about this since I was too lazy to go to my bank on a Saturday morning to wire the fund and instead picked an online company to do it.d I'm sorry if I let anyone down. I didn't want to get any ones hopes up, and I though it was a shoe-in when I paid, I was really thinking that this going to work.

KCSlater

Postby KCSlater » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:59 pm

That’s too bad. I imagine there are a lot of moving parts for a deal like this. Disappointing but shit happens. I’m glad you aren’t out your money! Any chance we could still make this happen with a deposit of some sort?

I’m still down if the next buyer falls through, or you organize another group candy buy.

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Postby amplibax » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm

I'd consider making some kind of deposit if you can make this happen.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”