Vewlix L Group Buy

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Jump

Vewlix L Group Buy

Postby Jump » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm

I have received a fair amount of interest in doing a Vewlix Group buy, as I have successfully imported these, have the required contacts, and ability to do so.

I am going to make this first post quite extensive, as I want to be as transparent as possible.

Logistically I can have these shipped anywhere in the country after they hit port, I am currently waiting for estimates for places like Vancouver/Toronto/Kitchener/Windsor/Montreal/Calgary, so that I can give you an estimate if you require. I am also trying to see if I can arrange to have the shipping charges be CoD so you don't have to front the shipping costs to your house. I imagine it'll take a couple days before I have the estimates on shipping, my freight forwarding company is working on estimates.

Alternatively, they will be available for pick up from London Ontario for those in the area who would prefer a local pick up.

I would like to do a minimum of 5 machines, if we get stuck, I could do it with a minimum of 3 machines, and I could buy the additional 2 for myself.

I will require a deposit for serious people. I do not want to buy roughly 10k worth of goods based on someone's interest, and have 5 machines taking up all the free space at my place, that I would then have to sell to recoup.

What a deposit gets you: You may chose the color of your Vewlix, you may chose the color of your buttons/sticks.

CHASSIS COLOR OPTIONS: Red, Blue, Orange, Silver/grey, White, and Black(Pictures for illustrative purposes, they will all be coming with traditional control panels, vewlix L marquee, no extra buttons, etc)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

CONTROL PANEL COLOR OPTIONS:(You may have all one color, or alternatively you may order, 1 color for p1, 1 color for p2, and 1 color for start1/start2).
Image Image

WHAT COMES IN THE BASE MODEL
720p LG low latency monitor.
Pandora's Box 4s+ (GAME LIST) 815 Games.
Sanwa JLF sticks, and Sanwa OBSF 30/24 buttons. (please note, not all colors are available. They have most standard solid colors, no black rim, no translucent)
Wired Coin mech, that you can set to use quarters/loonies/toonies/tokens.
Wired service buttons.
Power supply.
JAMMA harness.
Clean wiring job.
4 Working speakers, with amp.
Wired to work with 120v.
Two keys, one for control panel, front access, rear access, and coin mech access, and the second key functions only for the coin box.

OPTIONS(At an additional Cost)
Monitor Mounted Vertically (Roughly 30$)
Samsung 1080p Monitor Upgrade(100$)

QUIRKS
I think 3-4 of my buttons came wired in the wrong order, this took all of 2 minutes to fix, they are quick disconnect.

Will be shipped with marquee, and control panel removed, placed inside the machine, and safely wrapped to prevent damage during shipping. This takes 10-20 minutes to reinstall.

If you want traditional sanwa joystick height you'll need to add 4 additional m6 bolts per joystick. When the joystick is flush to the control panel, the levers are a little tall, in my opinion. https://i.imgur.com/mM9w8Y8.jpg

DISCLAIMER
My last order came through just fine, no issues at all. I have to cover my own ass here, It is possible that there may be minor fit and finish issues, either from the factory, or through shipping.

I did not receive an inspection on my last order.

I will be shipping these LCL, which means less than a container load(which means we share a container with a bunch of other people). In the case of an inspection, the inspection fees are split up over all the contents of the container. So if we do get inspected it will be a minor cost, it wont be anything crazy like an entire container load, it'll likely be a few hundred at the absolute most(Thats total, not per machine, probably something like 20-45 dollars per machine if I had to guess). In the event of an inspection I will provide evidence of the inspection, and everyone will be expected to cover their fair share. That being said, I didn't get inspected last time, and chances of an inspection are low. I am doing it this way, vs just charging more. That way we all save if there's no inspection.

I have the machines fully enclosed to help insure from any kind of water damage, or anything unsecured hitting them.
Image Image

My margins on these are modest. I am basically just doing this to get myself an extra vewlix, and maybe take my girl out for a nice dinner.

I will provide an update once a week, please note, there is often not much to update. Turn around time is roughly 60-80 days from the time I transfer funds to the manufacturer. My last order took about 65 days to make it to me. It will likely be a similar situation, and take roughly the same time, but as this is my second order, I wanted to leave a larger window to cover my ass, and not get a million messages about "Where's my Vewlix" on day 62.

Anyone involved will receive the number/legal name I use. Please be considerate, and do not harass me. Like I said, there is often nothing to report. Major reporting will be "Money sent to manufacturer", "Manufacturing complete"(where I will send everyone photos of their vewlix), "Loaded onto the boat", "Arrived in Canada", "Shipped to Port", "Shipping to you/shipping to my house".

I reserve the right to wait to order these, or cancel and refund deposits outright based on price of the Canadian dollar. I preferably like to order these around the 80-82 cent to USD range.

Anyone in the south western Ontario area is welcome to come visit, meet me, and see the Vewlix's I currently have.

Cost: 1800.
Deposit: 800.

For those doing local pick up. The remainder can be paid upon pick up.

For those who want delivery, you can either pay 100% upfront, or alternatively 800 deposit, and the remainder before the Vewlix make it to Canada.
Please note, for those who want delivery, if you have not paid in full before they reach port, I will be forced to have these shipped to me, and you will either have to pick them up from me, or arrange for shipping. If you have arranged to have these shipped to you, and you're not able to pay the balance before they land, then they will have to come to me, then back to you, there will be additional shipping charges, as well as possibly warehousing fees.
So please only opt for shipping to your house if you're financially able to.

I encourage anyone who's interested to ask any questions, or to come visit me.

I will be taking video of a base model, and a model I have a ps4 with samsung 1080p panel in it, tomorrow. And will upload to youtube for your viewing pleasure.

I will now be adding additional pictures.
Also note that, that these are a little more traditional than other Vewlix's that people have imported, they have the single rear fan, vs the dual rear fan, which will likely help resale value.

SHIPPING COSTS(I got some estimates for shipping for SW ontario, these are not very cost effective to ship as single units, best bet is to pick up from London. But if you need/want shipping it's available.) Please note, these are current quotes, they are subject to changes based on fuel price, etc. These quotes include, delivery by appointment, to residential area, with tailgate lift. There is 0% markup. These are exactly what I have been quoted.

Units to Toronto/Kitchener would be 250. (2050 all in)
Units to Windsor would be 370 (2170 all in)

DEPOSITS
1. EvanW has made most of a deposit.

Youtube Demo

https://i.imgur.com/3Y96Z7O.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/u1NpbW9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WLLzvST.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Wtlnw95.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fNv4zI2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TcplTYB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/54OL5nd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/I0gMO7h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M9U91El.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TcB3Eit.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g6TnbM2.jpg

EDIT 1: Forgot to label black as a color option for chassis. And spelling.
EDIT 2: Updated price for 1080p Samsung.
EDIT 3: Updated some shipping prices.
EDIT 4: Added Deposit List, and Youtube video.
EDIT 5: I've decided to end the group buy, as there wasn't enough interest.

Only one person was willing to give a deposit.

EvanW has been refunded in full.

Thanks for the interest.
Last edited by Jump on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EvanW

Re: Vewlix L Group Buy

Postby EvanW » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Was by to see these in person today before I committed to a deposit for the group buy. Excellent construction and solid builds. These cabinets really are the real deal. Not obtrusive in a room at all as you may find with some. The picture on the 1080p screen are on par with most higher end screens that I have seen at that size. We shot a video to show how responsive it is for both screen options and I didn’t notice any lag at all. I am not going to pass this one up and although my post count is low it is because I discovered this group only by doing a Vewlix Google search. But you don’t have to take my word for it either. Stop by and see Jump and get a feel for the cabinet yourself. These will be around long after any MDF clone has fallen apart.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 am

man.... this is tough. it looks great. can't decide between the Candy or the Vewlix. :censored: :censored:

thanks for sharing the video. :censored: me
Sega Astro City 2.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Re: RE: Re: Vewlix L Group Buy

Postby brad808 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 am

Q B wrote:man.... this is tough. it looks great. can't decide between the Candy or the Vewlix. :censored: :censored:

Best way to make your decision is what games do you want to play?

Jump

Postby Jump » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 am

Q B wrote:man.... this is tough. it looks great. can't decide between the Candy or the Vewlix. :censored: :censored:

If you want to play modern arcade/console games the Vewlix is what you want. You can mame modern titles with a pc, or stick a console in there. And there's nothing stopping you from playing classics, it's just not necessarily native resolution.

If you only want to play classic arcade games at native resolution, a candy would be good.

A couple of other considerations are Candies are a pain to move, and sooner or later you're gonna have to service that monitor.

That being said, if that candy buy actually does happen, I will get one myself, as long as they're in good working order and not covered in nicotine stains, etc.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:08 pm

When is the deadline for if we're in our out on this?

Thanks for sharing all the info you could. Appreciate the transparency.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Jump

Postby Jump » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm

c0nn0r wrote:When is the deadline for if we're in our out on this?

Thanks for sharing all the info you could. Appreciate the transparency.

I'd like to fire shortly after we have 5 deposits.

That being said, I would leave a week or two extension after 5 deposits have been made for other people.

I can always do a second order if the interest is there.

And if we don't get at least 5 people by sometime in march, i'll fire with 3 if we have 3.

My prices are based on a 5 machine order. So if we only have 3, prices may vary modestly. We'll see if it comes to that.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 pm

just curious and excuse my ignorance. This is a "real Vewlix" as you see someone just posted a Vewlix clone for sale at around the same price and I don't now much what the difference is.... :roll:
Sega Astro City 2.

Jump

Postby Jump » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 am

Q B wrote:just curious and excuse my ignorance. This is a "real Vewlix" as you see someone just posted a Vewlix clone for sale at around the same price and I don't now much what the difference is.... :roll:

Just answering your questions to the best of my ability. I am not trying to throw any kind of shade on another users sale, and I wish him the best of luck, in his sale, and I hope he gets what he is looking for. I am doing my best to directly answer your question, based off the pictures of the unit I saw.

Firstly wouldn't call 1800 and 2100 near the same price, thats a 17% price difference.

Secondly you can see the rear of their unit, it has two smaller fans off center, vs one larger fan in the center.(one large centered fan is the official fan layout)
Thirdly, I would also inquire as to the levers and buttons in his unit, a lot of the clones come with King brand, or some other Chinese brand, I can't recall the name of, If they aren't sanwa, then you'd need to add another roughly 150 dollars for 2 JLF sticks, and 16 sanwa buttons, with shipping and tax. So thats 2250, vs 1800.

Also, above his control panel, I don't know the official name for the area...the area with the two plastic bars, have been modified and buttons added. The modified bar, and two rear fans would hurt resale value in my opinion, if you were looking to get rid of it in the future, especially if someone was looking to restore it to original shape.

If you added the Japanese internals to the units I get, I don't think you'd be able to tell a difference between the units I have access to, and a Vewlix in Japan.

For any further differences I would have to inspect his unit. I hope I helped answer your questions.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:27 am

interesting your answers except the petty one about the 17% difference. let's be realistic, maybe the person wants to make a slight margin or factoring the price of the PC with all the games in it. and with your deal when it is all said and done it will cost me $2050 to get it to my area so yeah when I say around the same price.
Sega Astro City 2.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Q B wrote:interesting your answers except the petty one about the 17% difference. let's be realistic, maybe the person wants to make a slight margin or factoring the price of the PC with all the games in it. and with your deal when it is all said and done it will cost me $2050 to get it to my area so yeah when I say around the same price.

Added bonus with this thread's offer is that you get to choose your colour 8)
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Jump

Postby Jump » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Q B wrote:interesting your answers except the petty one about the 17% difference. let's be realistic, maybe the person wants to make a slight margin or factoring the price of the PC with all the games in it. and with your deal when it is all said and done it will cost me $2050 to get it to my area so yeah when I say around the same price.

I suppose it depends what money/time is worth to you. I mean if we're being realistic like you said, I would imagine most collectors in SW Ontario would drive down and pick up the units for a small amount of gas gas money and time, and to save them from having to pay everything up front+shipping. I would hardly call noting the price difference petty. A 300 dollar difference is quite large, I just prefer to talk in percentages. Especially when you're talking about a unit that's already been modified vs a brand new one. But if those modifications are what you were going to do anyways, then you'd be the type of person he's looking to sell to. And if we continue to be realistic, as you've inferred that you wouldn't drive to pick up the unit in London, how are you going to get the unit from Whitby? I imagine you'd have to pay for some kind of shipping?

Did you inquire to what joysticks and buttons he has installed?
Or the model number of the monitor?
Is it from a smoke free home?

What's an old PC worth to you? Many people have old PC's laying around. Or you could buy a 5 year old PC off kijiji, for 25-50 dollars, and stick it in there. Running games on mame doesn't require a beast of a machine.

If you were going to put a mame pc inside the unit, you could resell the pandora's box 4s+ for 100-150 dollars, they're pretty liquid. Or you could put it inside your astro city. So you'd have to take that into consideration as well.

I did my best to answer your questions, I don't see how noting the price difference is petty.

c0nn0r wrote:Added bonus with this thread's offer is that you get to choose your colour 8)

Indeed, customization might be worth a lot to people. I personally went with white, because I feel it has the most button/stick color options.

So I guess what's color choice worth to you?

What's actually petty is you calling me petty for doing my best to answer your questions openly and transparently, explaining my thought process, while wishing the other man luck on his sale.

EDIT. It wouldn't surprise me if the man had 2100 tied up into the unit. I don't think his price is bad in any way. But if you wanted to pay me 2150 I'd drive you up my extra all white vewlix in the second week in February. ;P

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:39 pm

well I am pretty sure he would take an offer slightly lower than the posted price which once again is around the same price. If I offered him $1900 pretty sure he would take it. That making it around the same price if we are being realistic. your 17% difference is not set in stone here and, you are assuming everything goes smooth, no inspection cost etc on your order. Also what if his had the better monitor? your price is with the standard monitor. as for the Sanwa parts I am going to assume since it was customized to w SF4 theme that the internal buttons and stick is Sanwa, But that is me assuming, like you are assuming it may not be.

The PC included has to be somewhat decent because it's running SF4, and you need encoders to interface with the controls, so there is some cost there if we are getting realistic again. plus you can customize your games etc etc

So I didn't think you really need to call out the unofficial 17% difference as a defense or something. My point was since they are around the same price are they the same style cabs quality wise etc?

A real iphone X is what ? $1300 and a clone is $250. There is an obvious huge price difference. All I was trying to find out was, if you are selling a clone too since there really isn't a big difference in price, between the other one listed which clearly says clone on it. Which to someone like me who doesn't know the difference is seeing your "Viwlex L" as an Original Taito Vewlix (Cause I see no wording or mention of clone or Chinese knock off)
and I guess you can say well, if you are on this site you should know better or something but that is why I said excuse my ignorance.

The vewlix clone is located around 30 mins from me. So there would be no shipping and easy to scoop up for me.

As you said, when it comes to time and how much is it worth to a person. The fact that I could go get that cab tonight if I wanted rather than go through the waiting of up to 2 months and hoping everything goes through with the order smoothly, is attractive. This is why I am asking what the difference is and would decide if the difference is worth it.

Yes choosing your color and getting a new one is great. Trust me the white one is sexy and clean looking. I was just genuinely curious to how different they are from each other. But I might not have worded that out right .

I see your points and good luck with your group buy, I do appreciate the effort and work and information you provided.
Sega Astro City 2.

Jump

Postby Jump » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Q B wrote:well I am pretty sure he would take an offer slightly lower than the posted price which once again is around the same price. If I offered him $1900 pretty sure he would take it.

I sincerely doubt it, it's most likely that he bought this from a man in Toronto who was selling red/black units for 2000 a pop goes by the name Hugo. In fact i'm almost certain of it.

Also what if his had the better monitor? your price is with the standard monitor. as for the Sanwa parts I am going to assume since it was customized to w SF4 theme that the internal buttons and stick is Sanwa, But that is me assuming, like you are assuming it may not be.

Firstly, every vewlix clone I've seen, or read about has come with king brand, or the other chinese buttons.
Secondly, I never once assumed what types of buttons he had, I asked if you had inquired as to the type of buttons.
I also, don't know which monitor he has, which is why i asked if you had inquired.

The PC included has to be somewhat decent because it's running SF4, and you need encoders to interface with the controls, so there is some cost there if we are getting realistic again. plus you can customize your games etc etc

No, the pc does not have to be decent at all, street fighter 4 is a 10 year old game. That does not mean the pc inside his isn't decent though. I simply said you could buy a 5 year old PC off kijiji for 50 dollars, and do the same thing. Which you can.

A real iphone X is what ? $1300 and a clone is $250. There is an obvious huge price difference. All I was trying to find out was, if you are selling a clone too since there really isn't a big difference in price, between the other one listed which clearly says clone on it. Which to someone like me who doesn't know the difference is seeing your "Viwlex L" as an Original Taito Vewlix (Cause I see no wording or mention of clone or Chinese knock off)
and I guess you can say well, if you are on this site you should know better or something but that is why I said excuse my ignorance.

Well, for one, I already stated that there were extra fans, that shouldn't be there, and the one area has been modded with extra buttons, which I believe hurts resale value. I also said, I couldn't tell you much else without physically inspecting the machine. It would be like someone trying to sell a repro donkey kong with an extra speaker area, my guess is it's less marketable as it's not to the original specification.

The vewlix clone is located around 30 mins from me. So there would be no shipping and easy to scoop up for me.

So you'd drive to Whitby to pick up a unit, but not London to save 300 dollars? I'm starting to see a pattern where your words, and actions don't exactly line up.

Yes choosing your color and getting a new one is great. Trust me the white one is sexy and clean looking. I was just genuinely curious to how different they are from each other. But I might not have worded that out right .

I see your points and good luck with your group buy, I do appreciate the effort and work and information you provided.

Thank you. I would rather not turn this into a flame war. So lets be gentlemen and leave it at that. If you have any serious inquiries, please feel free to ask, otherwise, I'd prefer not to flood the thread.

If you do buy the one in whitby, do feel free to share pictures.
Cheers.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:46 pm

you're a dick dood, straight up
Sega Astro City 2.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”