Those Modern Cocktail arcade machines..

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Q B
stubby
stubby

Those Modern Cocktail arcade machines..

Postby Q B » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 am

I went to Tilt Arcade Bar on Sunday for the first time. (824 Dundas St W, Toronto) Man, first off amazing place. I am not a big pinball guy but I do like to try and play, even though I suck balls at pinball something about playing the games. The flashes of light and sounds holy crap man, I understand why you old farts collects these. I get it!

I was playing street fighter 2 they had, TMNT , racing game vs, outrun, off road so many great games. And this game called ice cold beer! what the hell. it was a mechanical game. So basic, but so addicting and fun holy. anyway amazing time I'm so happy this place exist.

So I was playing on the cocktail machine. It had an LCD screen and I know some purest may poo poo at it but it was very doable and fun. I wanted one. So for so long I have seen the ads on kijiji, The person selling it for 1395 for a 60 in one. nice looking little thing. Question, is that fair price or because I don't know much about it, is that overpriced and do you know where you can find the same thing for less?

kijiji ad

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-con ... 1114794447
Sega Astro City 2.

menace
stubby
stubby

Re: Those Modern Cocktail arcade machines..

Postby menace » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 am

That's more or less the going Kijiji rate but you can build one for far less if you are so inclined. I have about 450 into mine and it plays about 1200 games(I installed vertical only games so I'm sure that number is a bit inflated). I think Gunsmoke needs 3 buttons and that cocktail only has two...if that sort of thing matters to you....
Working: Mame
Pins: Stargate, Star Wars, Virtual pin
Wanted: money and time

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 am

It all depends what you are comfortable with at the end of day. If you don't want to put in the work yourself and just want to play games then it's probably fine. The price is high but it's obviously someone else doing everything and making a profit at it.

With that said, you are actively on a forum that deals with video games. You probably care about them at least a bit. The multi board units are a terrible way to experience the games. The inputs are laggy, the sounds are off, the emulation on all of them is terrible. Some people think they are perfectly fine because the games show up and you can play them, it all depends on what you are comfortable with.

The multi boards are $100ish. You diy everything you are less $500 total. You want someone else to do for you and you hit $1000-$1500

RayB
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby RayB » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 am

Talk to B1.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”