arcade 1up machines almost here... price drop now $399 CAD

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Re: arcade 1up machines almost here... price drop now $399 CAD

Postby The Evener » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Great idea to offer a riser for 1Up cabinets - you'd be getting very close to standard height, and it looks very sturdy too.

I agree, lots of love for the original cabs - I'm very glad I got into the scene while cabs were actively sold at Starburst, here, and on Kijiji. I'd definitely have my work cut out if I started to try and collect classic games today - I'd be driving further and paying more, so I would definitely be considering a 1Up in that situation.

I see that there's 8 themed cabs out now. I'm particularly intrigued by the Star Wars offering - very curious how it will look and feel once I can try one out:

https://arcade1up.com/products/star-wars-pre-order

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:32 pm

I preordered my 1up Cabs: TMNT and Marvel. I've always wanted to get a real deal Konami X-men cabinet (4 player would he keen) but the price tag is STEEP! I think these will fill that desire as its 2-3 games and the footprint is smaller for us who don't have 2,000 square feet to have a proper game room. Lol!

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Right now EB Games has the lowest price in these new cabinets, Amazon and Walmart have listings too, but seem more expensive or not available for preorder yet.

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:40 pm

The Evener wrote:Okay, these cabs have been out for roughly a year - have any CGCCers made the plunge to purchase one? What's your verdict?

Cut&paste from my posts in the 1up thread in Anything Goes:

I picked up the pacman and the centipede at auctionmaxx for cheaper since the finishes were a little roughed up. Put together the pac but not the centipede yet. Also put a 60-in-1 i wasn't using in the pac, they sell adapters for the monitors but i just decased an existing vga 17" monitor i had, plus this way i get ms.pacman, junior, and many other games available. I always wanted a yellow pac and came to the conclusion that i wasn't going to find one anywhere near me or i'd have to spend too much on an old midway cab that needed a lot of work so this was my best option. Now if only i could find some cheap risers -- 70 is too much for basically a small box. Will probably just get those ikea end tables for $10
--------------------------
The only issue I saw was the front panel that goes to the bottom, the one that's black and has the names of the 2 games on it that *really* should be yellow if you ask me, had a couple of scraped scuffs near the top going down an inch or so. That entire black area isn't paint but a decal -- the scuffs aren't very noticeable when assembled since its directly under the control panel but I 'fixed' it just by taking a black marker and filling in the scuffs. Someone went through the assembly instructions and put checkmarks with a pen next to all the parts you inventory when you first get it -- whether this was AuctionMaxx themselves checking that everything was there or the person who first bought it and returned it, I don't know. I noticed that the main boxes will sometimes have rips in them. I'm pretty happy with the purchase since it was less than 200 Canadian but I can see why people will put in a sanwa 4-way joystick with a stiff 4-pound spring instead of what they give you. The control panel is all pre-assembled so you don't have to mount the controls but I was able to open it up easily to mount the 60-in-1 in it. I haven't opened up the centipede box yet but when I do I'll post pics of any scratches or whatever. I drive a small car and both flatpacks fit OK with the backseats down although I don't think there would've been room for a third. As for assembly time, set aside at least 3 hours. Also they don't recommend a powerdriver to screw things in but i used one no problem.

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Postby The Evener » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 am

LoganN64 wrote:I preordered my 1up Cabs: TMNT and Marvel. I've always wanted to get a real deal Konami X-men cabinet (4 player would he keen) but the price tag is STEEP! I think these will fill that desire as its 2-3 games and the footprint is smaller for us who don't have 2,000 square feet to have a proper game room. Lol!

When do you expect these games to be available for purchase? Yes, I agree that size and price of original 4 player cabs makes these offerings an interesting alternative.

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Postby The Evener » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:35 am

AllanSim wrote:
Cut&paste from my posts in the 1up thread in Anything Goes:
[snip]

Thanks for the cross-post Allan, I admittedly have a bias towards the Coin-Op forum and don't always check the others, so it's appreciated. Less than $200 is a nice price range for these.

There are some really interesting possibilities here for tweaking/customization with the ability to swap out-in parts and such like using a 60-in-1. Absolutely please post some photos of the games once you have the Centipede assembled, that would be great.

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Postby The Evener » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:52 am

On the subject of the cabs and risers, I wanted to share this YouTube video where Gamer Greg compares an Atari cabaret and upright with the 1UP with riser. It's nearly an identical form factor with the cabaret, which I like. The one caveat I'd add is that the CP level will vary from cabaret style to another, I found the Atari slightly higher compared to my Ms Pac-Man mini, for example.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:09 pm

The Evener wrote:
LoganN64 wrote:I preordered my 1up Cabs: TMNT and Marvel. I've always wanted to get a real deal Konami X-men cabinet (4 player would he keen) but the price tag is STEEP! I think these will fill that desire as its 2-3 games and the footprint is smaller for us who don't have 2,000 square feet to have a proper game room. Lol!

When do you expect these games to be available for purchase? Yes, I agree that size and price of original 4 player cabs makes these offerings an interesting alternative.

According to EB Games & Amazon, one or two of the cabinets will be released November 11th, and then the others will be released November 24th.

PS. Walmart has PREORDERS available for these cabinets and they seem to offer the same/similar prices!

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:20 pm

Just out of curiosity; does anyone know where i could get a splitter for the ribbon cables that come with the Arcade 1up cabinets, i am looking to find a way to link up 2 Street Fighter 2 cabinets to run off 1 board so it's like the head-2-head style of cabinets as seen here:

https://truth.bahamut.com.tw/s01/201303 ... f1b773.JPG

https://truth.bahamut.com.tw/s01/201303 ... 79cc9d.JPG

Except using the Arcade 1up cabinets, so it looks similar to this:

It looks like its a 30-pin Ribbon cable in the A-1Up cabs, but i am wondering if there is a cable that has an extra connector in the middle of the cable, or even a double/splitter at one of the connectors

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:11 am

After a quick search, i found an Extension cable for the LCD(?) cable:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1WYM1QVXX ... Screen.jpg

I cant quite make out the power supply(?) in a video on how to replace the PCB, its either a 5-pin cable, or 8 pin, it has 3 wires going to it (Red, Black & Yellow) i presume its Positive, Negative and Ground.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:21 am

Why must you be out of reach 12-in-1 Street Fighter Cocktail cabinet?!?!?! i need you as my coffee table!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fight ... /326049104

Is anyone heading in/around either of the Walmarts on New York (or any Walmart that is easily accessible in the States)?:

- 1540 Military Rd, Niagara Falls, NY 14304, USA

- 3290 Sheridan Dr, Amherst, NY 14226, USA

Some how i think ill have to cross over for a day and look suspicious with a large flat-pack box in the trunk and claim i didn't buy anything.

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:41 pm

LoganN64 wrote:Why must you be out of reach 12-in-1 Street Fighter Cocktail cabinet?!?!?! i need you as my coffee table!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fight ... /326049104

Is anyone heading in/around either of the Walmarts on New York (or any Walmart that is easily accessible in the States)?:

- 1540 Military Rd, Niagara Falls, NY 14304, USA

- 3290 Sheridan Dr, Amherst, NY 14226, USA

Some how i think ill have to cross over for a day and look suspicious with a large flat-pack box in the trunk and claim i didn't buy anything.

Well that's kinda fun.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:59 pm

AllanSim wrote:Now if only i could find some cheap risers -- 70 is too much for basically a small box. Will probably just get those ikea end tables for $10

I have been keeping my ear to the ground on the Arcade-1up community, and word on the street has it that IKEA sells some decent end-tables that can handle about 60-70 pounds, and make decent risers as long as you are ok with the aesthetics. I believe this is the table that they refer to... most of the modders are form the US, so it may have the same name(s) but lower quality.

Substitute RISER: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/lack-side- ... -20011408/

Substitute STOOL: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/marius-sto ... -10135659/

hope that helps.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:17 am

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on an Arcade 1up "Rampage" Cabinet for cheap? Auctionmaxx seems to have sold out and are about to get a bunch of Street Fighter II, Pacman, and Centipede cabinets... which I am considering getting the SFII if its under $150 (after taxes, because its 3 of the same game that's why!).

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:49 am

I used to assemble ikea furniture and I wouldn't trust the lack side table with anything more than 20lbs.

LoganN64 wrote:
AllanSim wrote:Now if only i could find some cheap risers -- 70 is too much for basically a small box. Will probably just get those ikea end tables for $10

I have been keeping my ear to the ground on the Arcade-1up community, and word on the street has it that IKEA sells some decent end-tables that can handle about 60-70 pounds, and make decent risers as long as you are ok with the aesthetics. I believe this is the table that they refer to... most of the modders are form the US, so it may have the same name(s) but lower quality.

Substitute RISER: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/lack-side- ... -20011408/

Substitute STOOL: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/marius-sto ... -10135659/

hope that helps.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”