Where are the deals goin' down?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Where are the deals goin' down?

Postby The Evener » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:15 pm

Hey gang, I've been away from the forum and I notice that the level of fast and furious trading and selling in arcade games has slowed down considerably. I read over at KLOV that a lot of collectors now hang out on the Facebook for deals by joining local arcade-related groups. Have fellow CGCC members also made the switch to finding deals? I'm not actively searching for games right now, but I'm generally curious since buying and selling was a pretty significant element of discussion and banter in the past.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: Where are the deals goin' down?

Postby jasonec » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 am

Yup - that's pretty much correct - Facebook groups are where most of the selling/buying happens now.
That being said, Facebook is an incredibly evil platform (I deleted my Facebook account last September and never looked back).
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Postby scoltx » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Ontario Arcade and Pinball Collectors and Beyond FB group is pretty active, I’ve found some either directly or indirectly (PM’s) through that group. As well Kijiji still has deals from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Postby The Evener » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:02 pm

Good to know. Although I have an account, I don't use Facebook regularly and didn't really know about these "interest groups" that people can join. I always love scouring 'for sale" ads on cgcc.ca, maybe we can entice some FB users to also post here over time. I'll look into the FB group you cite scoltx next time I'm looking to add to the collection if my preferred sources continue to have few postings. I know this hobby has always worked on word of mouth and making connections in the community, but as someone just jumping in back in 2011, I'm convinced that I couldn't acquire the collection I have now if I was starting out today - I'd have far fewer cabs, and would be paying a lot more for them, too. And yes, I miss those Starburst auctions (sniff).

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Postby scoltx » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Yeah definitely takes deeper pockets today. I’m still kicking myself over things I passed on as recently as two or three years ago. Wish I owned a time machine LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Ah .. that explains why Jason disappeared. You know you can use FB just for groups .. you don't have to friend anyone.

Be back in 12 months to read the reply ..

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:46 pm

leonk wrote:Ah .. that explains why Jason disappeared. You know you can use FB just for groups .. you don't have to friend anyone.

Be back in 12 months to read the reply ..

You know you can check this site more frequently than 12 months. And you don't have to friend anyone here at all ;-)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”