IC: I do RGB mods, cap kits and retro console repairs

Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

leonk
stubby
stubby

IC: I do RGB mods, cap kits and retro console repairs

Postby leonk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:38 pm

If anyone is interested in getting one done in Canada for a good price and high quality PM me. I do most installs for 60$ (add more if you want me to buy the NESRGB for you or install Nintendo multiAV port etc)

So far I've done multiple Top loaders, front loaders and even famicom AV.

I got professional solder/desolder/reflow workstations, ability to firmware upgrade NESRGB to latest version.

I connect composite, S-Video, and RGB to outputs using multicolor high quality wire. No glue gun used. :)
Last edited by leonk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Nice! What's the kit run for a toploader and what's the maximum output for one? RGB? S-video?
"This isn't a bar fight. Have some class." - Alucard
- Castlevania (Netflix)

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:12 pm

maxlords wrote:Nice! What's the kit run for a toploader and what's the maximum output for one? RGB? S-video?

Kits are about 120$ shipped from Australia. It can output RGB, Svideo and composite. All depends on what cable you plug in. All 3 are outputting at the same time.

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:57 pm

For the more budget NES gamer, I also install stealth AV mods in NES top loaders (just completed one for a customer). The RF adapter is removed and a perfect snap fitting grey 3.5mm headphone jack is installed in the hole where the RF port was. No holes are drilled into the system - can always do NESRGB in the future.

With this mod You get a cable. But it's not just for headphones; it had 1 extra ring on the 3.5mm plug. At the end of the 6' cable are yellow, red and white rca plugs that go into your tv.

You will perfect clean AV video out of the top loader.

Cost is 60$ including parts + shipping or pickup in downtown Toronto.

fsa

Postby fsa » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:03 am

Is the sound Stereo for this mod or mono and since the NES already has a composite out how is this different? The only plus to this mode is everything is thru 1 cable, is that correct?

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:56 pm

fsa wrote:Is the sound Stereo for this mod or mono and since the NES already has a composite out how is this different? The only plus to this mode is everything is thru 1 cable, is that correct?

As with the Famicom AV (made by Nintendo) you get dual mono. Enthusiasts have been debating for years what's better - double up the mono audio or separate the audio into fake stereo. I fall on the side of double up the mono as games were written with all sounds coming out a single channel.

The top loader doe not have composite out. It has only RF. I add composite.

NESRGB takes that a step further because it adds Svideo and RGB. RGB in turn can be turned into component or HDMI using inexpensive external adapters.

Scott84
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Scott84 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 pm

leonk did the RGB mod to my top loader with the snes/n64/gcn a/v plate for the back. He did a really professional job! Great person to deal with!

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:27 am

Here are some of the other MODs I've done for me / customers recently (PM me if interested - I typically do nes reproductions but can do mods as well)

Sega Nomad LED backlit replacement:

Gameboy / gameboy pocket backlight:

Gameboy Advance backlit LCD replacement (no longer offered - can't source LCD):

NESRGB installs (nes top loader, front loader, famicom AV):

Sega naomi mods:
- null pics
- latest bios upgrades
- piforcetools systems
- CF systems

ragexp

Re: IC: i do NESRGB installs / AV mods for NES top loaders .

Postby ragexp » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:30 am

leonk wrote:If anyone is interested in getting one done in Canada for a good price and high quality PM me. I do most installs for 60$ (add more if you want me to buy the NESRGB for you or install Nintendo multiAV port etc)

So far I've done multiple Top loaders, front loaders and even famicom AV.

I got professional solder/desolder/reflow workstations, ability to firmware upgrade NESRGB to latest version.

I connect composite, S-Video, and RGB to outputs using multicolor high quality wire. No glue gun used. :)

Hi there,

Where are you located in downtown Toronto?

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:25 pm

UPDATE: I ordered 3 NESRGB kits for 3 customers .. but 1 backed out!!

So I have an extra NESRGB PCB coming from Australia in the next week or so. E-mail me if you'd be interested in an NESRGB modded NES system.

Scott84
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Scott84 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Someone should hit leonk up with this! Did a great job on my NES RGB install!

The_Atomik_Punk!

Postby The_Atomik_Punk! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:10 am

Leonk is the dude! Anyone considering having any of the listed services performed should not hesitate in contacting him.He recapped two Model 1 Sega CD's for me, and I couldn't be happier with the quality of his service and his professionalism; thanks again Leon!
"Nobody rules these streets at night but ME!!!!"

leonk
stubby
stubby

Re: IC: i do NESRGB installs / AV mods for NES top loaders ..

Postby leonk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:46 pm

Bump. I also do RGB mod for all NEC systems (turbografx-16, duo, etc) cap kits, game gear restores, turbo express cap kits and now, I'm the official Canadian installer of the new NES HDMI.

PM or e-mail me (leonki@gmail.com) for all your console restorations and RGB mods.

Nickv
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Re: IC: I do RGB mods, cap kits and retro console repairs

Postby Nickv » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:16 am

i can vouch for leon as he has rgb modded every single system i own including nes, snes, n64, pc engine duo, pc engine. he has also rebuilt for me 4 sega cds, 13 game gears, 1 pc duo, 1 nomad, 1 top loader to av, and converted 4 gba to back lit screens and rebuilt 4 sega saturns 3 us and on japanese as well as installed a mod chip.
Vids: TRON, New Astro City, Pacman 60in1, Crazy Taxi, joust cocktail, defender cocktail, red tent, naomi net dimm, pacman cocktail
Misc: Rockstar Fridge, Bud lite fridge, Wurlitzer Americana juke, hotdog cart

Dr mcfly

Re: IC: I do RGB mods, cap kits and retro console repairs

Postby Dr mcfly » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:55 am

Can you redo the caps on a konami sound chip (054544)? I have a 4 player X-Men, just starting to leak and act up.

Return to “The Swap Shop”