Altered Red Tent

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Re: Altered Red Tent

Postby mwong168 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:44 pm

aerostarz wrote:I have given up on spending time on hyperspin and other emulators, including RetroPie etc. I even purchased the one for 10 bucks which comes with the X Arcade "cant remember the name" anyhow i dont have the time to spend on tweeking each game in Mame and adding removing rom files etc.

I've come to realize its not for me. I will use my time to restore my games and my Arcade and Pinball Room.

My close friends recommend i sell my viewlix as it does not fit in the theme and the 32 inch LCD screen brightness washes out the black lights in the ceiling, which takes away from the carpet i acquired from the movie Pixels. :cry:

All you have to do is ask and I can make you a copy of my hyperspin setup for your cab :wink: Now before my inbox potentially gets flooded, this free offer is not open to just anyone as I've known aerostarz since I got into this hobby. Plus I know he has also been a contributing member on here and other local forums for many years too. Always willing to help others who help others out but these days there are just too many noobs/lurkers/profiteers who only post when they want something.

Come by in the next few weeks and you can see all my vewlix's capabilities. I will also be posting a build thread with pics and details shortly once I am done.

longobongo

Postby longobongo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:48 pm

i've been looking for a red tent for quite a while and I was excited when i saw the ad, but it was really beyond my budget

mwong168 wrote:
aerostarz wrote:Looks like it is sold now.

I sent serge a message and said he is keeping it because his daughter gave him crap for trying to selling it. I told him to keep it and ditch his MAME Z-back SF2CE as this red tent does everything and more. Plus I think it is a unique one of a kind piece and you won't find another one like it again. Plus I also think he realised it is sort of a dick move to flip it for double after the friend price I gave him too.

Oh well... we all have different motives in the hobby and mine has always been to help others out by enabling them hence my nickname "The Enabler" in the local pinball community. Since 2010 I've helped and assisted in making over 400+ pinball deals between people.

aerostarz
stubby
stubby

Postby aerostarz » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:07 pm

mwong168 wrote:
All you have to do is ask and I can make you a copy of my hyperspin setup for your cab :wink: Now before my inbox potentially gets flooded, this free offer is not open to just anyone as I've known aerostarz since I got into this hobby. Plus I know he has also been a contributing member on here and other local forums for many years too. Always willing to help others who help others out but these days there are just too many noobs/lurkers/profiteers who only post when they want something.

Come by in the next few weeks and you can see all my vewlix's capabilities. I will also be posting a build thread with pics and details shortly once I am done.

Hey Mike.
Thanks very much for the offer!
Will give this some thought and maybe give the viewlix another try!

Sean
Pins: Popeye, JD, DM, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, RS.. just need IJ
Vids: Asteroids Deluxe,Tron,Battle Zone,Neo Geo 4,Centipede,Fix it Felix, SF 2,Space Duel,Major Havoc,World Class Bowling Deluxe,Radikal Biker,Golden Tee,Sega Super GT,Rampage,Cosmic Avengers

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Postby mwong168 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 am

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-con ... nFlag=true

Looks like my old $1200 red tent is back up for sale :evil:

longobongo

Postby longobongo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:26 pm

mwong168 wrote:https://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-consoles-other/markham-york-region/beautiful-4-player-arcade-game/1301874120?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Looks like my old $1200 red tent is back up for sale :evil:

yea with $1k markup, scummy move imo

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Postby mwong168 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:43 pm

... and another price drop to $1900

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games ... nFlag=true

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 am

mwong168 wrote:... and another price drop to $1900

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games ... nFlag=true

Mine must be worth a fortune if this is worth $1,900.00....
I want more games...

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”