Vewlix Clone(VESA compatibility, please help).

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Jump

Postby Jump » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Anyone with a Chinese Vewlix clone, would you be so kind to tell me what the VESA compatibility is?

Cheers.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Re: Vewlix Clone(VESA compatibility, please help).

Postby brad808 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Hey Mr jump. I'm not sure I can help you since I'm not convinced you are VESA mounted. I can check sometime for you though. I believe you are just side mounted right onto the frame. How the panel is on the frame I'm not sure yet. Maybe one isn't the same as another though. Image

Jump

Postby Jump » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Mr.Jump is my father! :P

Brad808, if you could check for me, that would mean the world, I'm about to order a couple empty cabs, I have my broker/forwarder/manufacturer all in order, but I am having a hard time figuring out how they mount the monitors, so I can find suitable after market monitors, as the 2011 models they use aren't to my liking. Thanks a lot.

If they're side mounted, how does that work, the monitor just is held in place by brackets?

Any information you could give me would mean a lot brother.

Cheers.

Jump

Postby Jump » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:29 pm

These are the images I'm able to get from the manufacturer. They said it is VESA mount compatable,but I'm not seeing how...it looks jerry-rigged? I'm not sure.

Maybe I'm confused?

They haven't been able to give me a VESA number, e.g. 200x100 or whatever.

Any input would be great.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Yes maybe they are mistaken? I see no vesa. See on your photos side screw holes visible on each? so ye see the brackets on side of my panel are similar. Is there substantial difference in price? Otherwise you may get cab and have hard time finding suitable mon + mounting and have look good as it will have to be exact fit. If you are not happy with panel # they gave you, maybe ask them to source other model # for you and install to say you potential massive headache with bunch cabs no mons?

Jump

Postby Jump » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:39 pm

I'll see what they say...but you know how it is...one question answered a day. lmao...

I'm just worried about having 8ms GTG response time, as well as input lag on a 6 year old monitor can't be that amazing, when i'm mainly building these to run fighting games on. I'm lead to believe you want 5ms GTG for 60hz fighters and low input lag.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:53 pm

I understand communication limited and yes sometimes multiple days to get into the bottom of a problem. You can check for places like arcade project and arcade otaku for some good LCD compares between vewlix models. That is beyond me as I don't focus on LCD games. From what I understand you can get right from taito their newest models for daimond black. You will be over $2k for the mons i believe. So they are not cheap for very specific mons with specific specs. May be worth it to you though if you only focus on those games.

Jump

Postby Jump » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Yeah, I think the monitors used to be worth a lot. But monitors have come a long way in the past 6 years, and a good IPS 31.5inch 1080p display is only about 300 dollars with 5ms GTG and a good input lag. Which should outshine all the official vewlix screens by now. Even if I have to take the bezel off, it should fit perfectly. I'm just worried about the "non standard" mounting they seem to be using. I know official vewlix has 200x100 vesa mounting. But i think these clones are a little different in their monitor mounting.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm

I believe you may be mistaken. Keep in mind diamond black are not old monitors and definitely not 6 year old. The cab was just released some months ago. Again all this covered on the other sites I mention with many comparison to other consumer and commercial LCDs and "gaming' LCDs. Again not my area of smarts so I will bow out.

Jump

Postby Jump » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Fair enough, I was comparing to like original style vewlix's when SF4 came out, etc.

I'm just trying to hit that perfect cost/performance peak kinda thing.

I appreciate all the input. :)

ArcadeObsessed

Postby ArcadeObsessed » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:54 am

Hey man, you still wanting to know about VESA Mounts on Clones ?
I saw this post and had to chime in apologies

These come in 2 varieties I believe now they’re not actually welding the top and bottom brace any more

Like this

If you do get one like this the monitor will come with bracing bars
Arrows point at bars
It’s not standard VESA but I suppose there version

Mine not like that NO VESA whole Monitor comes out and frame

Monitor is screwed down to frame with L brackets

I Sell these machines I do the artwork, jack of all trades

Jump

Postby Jump » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:12 pm

I appreciate the reply, I was originally going to put my own monitors into these. But I went a different direction. I would be interested in seeing the vinyl art you have, if you'd care to PM.

ArcadeObsessed

Postby ArcadeObsessed » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Hers some
Pics with artwork

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”