Worth of Lot

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

GabbyTheGamer
loonie
loonie

Worth of Lot

Postby GabbyTheGamer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Just looking into a lot of video games to potentially resell... Thought I would seek advice from this group...

How much do you think this lot is worth?

Thanks

GabbyTheGamer
loonie
loonie

Re: Worth of Lot

Postby GabbyTheGamer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:24 am

BTW, the person is asking $1500 - which I think is too much...

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 am

In broad strokes you have almost 500 games there, so a bundle price of $3 each seems cool, depends on if you want those games I guess. maybe add up the bigger titles based on ebay to where your comfort level is.

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 am

If you are thinking of flipping that lot I'd say you're nuts.

Unless you already have a physical store that needs inventory or happen to be the most patient person on the plant. It would take years to piece that out in my opinion. You need to be realistic here.

Madden 2001 for the PS2?
NHL 2012 for PS3?

I'm sorry, but there are a LOT of games on that list like the two I have mentioned above that have ZERO resale value. No one goes on eBay or into a retro game store looking for those types of titles.

The PS2 isn't a library many completionists are wanting to tackle.

1. Due to the sheer size of it. There are over 1800 US NTSC games alone... Well over twice the library of the NES.
2. The retro bug hasn't hit that generation as hard yet.

PS3 is the same reason as #2 but even further out. The PS1 stuff will get filtered quick for all the good titles, and PS2 as well but there is a TON of dead weight in that lot man.

It really isn't a super desirable lot to try and flip at the end of the day. He is tacking on a shitload of garbage titles that he knows will never sell, but they are causing the overall price to inflate greatly...

If he is asking $1,500 for the lot, I'd run away.
I want more games...

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:07 pm

:ditto:
What Tony said....
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 pm

jasonec wrote::ditto:
What Tony said....

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jason. :D
I want more games...

GabbyTheGamer
loonie
loonie

Postby GabbyTheGamer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi, Thanks for the advice. Think I will pass. From experience, I have found it harder to sell Playstation games. On more recent platforms, I find Gamecube sells better (plus I collect a bit for the system as well).

Gameguy
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Gameguy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:58 am

It really depends on the condition on the games too, most disc based games for PS1 I see are in terrible condition. Same for PS2 really. Even if they were in perfect shape it's not worth buying for that much, in bulk maybe $0.50-$1.00 each. There's really nothing of significant value or rarity in this bundle.
Check out my stuff for sale!!!(click below)

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:16 am

In general, I usually stick to these rules when buying:
  • If you're buying a lot, then the total value is considerably less than the individual values summed up
  • The total value of a lot is usually the resale value of the "key" games in the lot (everything else is free/bonus)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

Gameguy
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Gameguy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:27 am

jasonec wrote:In general, I usually stick to these rules when buying:
  • If you're buying a lot, then the total value is considerably less than the individual values summed up
  • The total value of a lot is usually the resale value of the "key" games in the lot (everything else is free/bonus)

I'm usually a bit different. To me the value of the lot is the games, minus the games I want to keep for myself. These are usually the "key" games unless I already own copies of them. I'm usually willing to pay close to the value of the games as long as what I want to keep for myself can work out free, if I want the games badly enough.

When I've bought large bundles in the past I've pretty much ended up having to clean most of the games, either just a little bit or significantly. Cleaning off price stickers, rental stickers, and general dirt. If they're cartridge games I would have to test them too after cleaning the connectors. It's time consuming and a lot of work, and they take up space until you're able to sell them. I won't do this just to make some extra money, I'd buy bulk lots to get games I want to keep, games that I won't easily come across or find cheap too quickly.
Check out my stuff for sale!!!(click below)

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”