Game pick ups

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Game pick ups

Postby Law212 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Ok, I meant to fix this last weekend but was super busy.
So on Occasion I got to thrift shops looking for retro games, sometimes in the summer its garage sales and so on....

Here are some more recent finds

Call of Duty for PC. I never played this before. The first COD I played was COD 2 for Xbox 360

Picked up COD 2 and a couple others games. Started playing through COD 2 and its still fun.

Jane's flight games were great. I never played this one though but if i can get it to run on my modern PC ill try it out with my flight stick..

Never played this one either but same deal. I hope to be able to play it..

The NES mini... Has enough great games in the 30 it comes with that makes this worth having.

I dont know if ill use this but I should just because I have it

Got these at a garage sale for maybe a dollar each. I really wanted Spiderman 2... I sold my copy years ago and regretted it. I still ahve the guidebook for it. The others games in the picture I have never played. I just bought all the games the guy had.

Sims games are always on sale at thrift shops... thats cool because i love them.

Frogger for PC.... I just bought it because it was a couple bucks. Its still factory sealed and ill keep it that way.

Tertris worlds for Gameboy Advance...Who doesnt like tetris. Still sealed ill play it at some point

Spyro the Dragon. I used to love this game

Command and conquer the first decade... I couldnt get this to run yet but im sure it will.

I already have Diablo 2 and Diablo 1 in different formats (the USB key from Diablo 3 collectors edition, loose cds from thrifts) but I liked this box and it was 4 dollars so i grabbed it. It comes with a nice game guide for Diablo 2 and the expansion. Also comes iwth Diablo 1.

I used to play Ice Hockey with my cousin all the time so i was happy to pick this up. This day there were two other guys hovering around the NES games... So i bought them all.

a couple more of the games i picked up with the last ones. Never played these two games
Last edited by Law212 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

nagamitsu
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Re: Game pick ups

Postby nagamitsu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:42 am

Photobucket won't allow posting to outside their site, pics don't work

Tim

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 am

Oops.... well thats a fail..

Ill have to find a different hosting site.

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:04 am

They used to allow posting outside their site but that stopped a few months ago.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:15 am

Ill try to repost this, this weekend when i have time.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Picked this up today from Value Village. It was 35 bucks, but I had to have it. Been playing Ninja Gaiden Black on it for the past hour.

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:15 am

You found an NES Mini in a thrift store?? Nice! Also, play Blades Of Steel.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:59 am

AllanSim wrote:You found an NES Mini in a thrift store?? Nice! Also, play Blades Of Steel.

The NES mini and the joystick for the NES mini were not thrift store pickups. I got the controller from Walmart and the NES from dude selling it for drug money. (how do i know ? well one giveaway is when they get the cash and immediately leave their apartment on foot with their girlfriend at midnight. )

Ive bought from druggies many times and as soon as they have cash in hand they are on foot towards their dealer.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 pm

PIcked up some stuff over the past month or so.

First up A collectors edition of Tomb Raider.

Command and Conquer ultimate collection

Some random PC games for a couple bucks each.

A couple app controlled nerd toys!

and Today I picked this up for my retron 5

So now I can also play my game gear games instead of having to repair my game gear....

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:27 pm

I had not gone to VV in a while so i stopped in the other day.

Some Xbox 360 S' for 40 bucks... A regular 360 for 15

Some Wiis.... Nothing exciting , some games , mostly sims games, but I picked up a few games

NBA Street Vol 2 for Xbox. I loved this game but i sold it for some reason.
Mercenaries for xbox. I also loved this game when I had it and ended up selling it. Most likely for trade in deals .
Def Jam Fight for New York for Xbox. I never played this but always wanted to. I love rap and hip hop .
Tetris elements for PC
And another copy of Lord of the rings Return of the king. This one was just the jewel case and cds... I bought it because they boxed copy I bought before only had the install disk and missing the other 2 discs.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:42 am

I stopped into a value village after work and before the gym and they had some NES games . Mario 2 was 25 bucks , mario 3 was 35.....
They had ninja turtles 1 for 15.... Festers quest for about 10 bucks ,I bought 3 games. the first was one i never heard of and it had some wierd art on it with the title Galactic Crusader... I doubted it was a real cart. but it was 4 bucks.

I picked up a wierd looking one that i also never heard of called Monster Party....and I picked up bad Dudes.

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am

Law212 wrote:I stopped into a value village after work and before the gym and they had some NES games . Mario 2 was 25 bucks , mario 3 was 35.....
They had ninja turtles 1 for 15.... Festers quest for about 10 bucks ,I bought 3 games. the first was one i never heard of and it had some wierd art on it with the title Galactic Crusader... I doubted it was a real cart. but it was 4 bucks.

I picked up a wierd looking one that i also never heard of called Monster Party....and I picked up bad Dudes.

I saw those at the Pickering store too...didn't see Monster Party or Bad Dudes though, must have gotten there before me :)

They also had Pictionary for 4 bucks, Golf for 5 bucks, and Wizards and Warriors for 10 bucks. Even with a 30% off coupon I felt everything was priced too high. Monster Party might have been ok depending on what the condition was and how much you paid for it.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 am

Yeah those seemed over priced. All of them did. I mist have been a bit earlier. THey even had Festers quest but I ended up putting it back down when i was looking at the books so it was over there...sorry.

monster party was 15 bucks.

Bad dudes was 6 or 7. Just the carts like the other games, but in good condition.

Oh and the galactic crusader game was 4 and i only bought it because ive never seen it before.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Picked up a few PC games from VV.

I was happy to see Microcosm. I had this game before but i dont know what happened to it. I bought it a long time ago from the flea market when i was maybe 14.

I loved it. It was awesome to see , as I have been hoping to find my old copy or find one at VV.
Ravage, Ive never heard of in my life so i picked it up , Ceasar 2 is a sierra game and looks neat, and the last one just looks like a cool old PC game .

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Some Value village PC game finds from today and last week

I definitely want to play this. The case with the disks is still sealed

I was hoping to find Oblivion but this was a good find too. I dont know if ill ever play it though

Two games ive always wanted to play

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”