WTB: 138-in-1 Classic Horizontal

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

WTB: 138-in-1 Classic Horizontal

Postby OTTOgd » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Anybody have one of these 138-in-1 boards they don't want/need? Have to upgrade from the 19-in-1.

Miss playing Rygar, Bank Panic, Kung-Fu Master, and Tetris, darnit.

PM me your demands!

amona
timbit
timbit

Re: WTB: 138-in-1 Classic Horizontal

Postby amona » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:26 am

I demand you tell me why a raspberry pi won’t do as well as a board that only plays 138 games
Surf's up space ponies, I'm making gravy without the lumps.

menace
stubby
stubby

Postby menace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 am

Without all the demands going around, I can tell you that the raspberry pi 3 I have is awesome and I will never go back to a XXin1 and may never go into a mame pc setup again either--so small, easy and cheap!
Working: Mame
Pins: Stargate, Star Wars, Virtual pin
Wanted: money and time

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:12 am

All have + and -

xxx in 1 boards - by far the worst emulation of all. Terrible all around video, sound, lag. Many games are unplayable or very obviously screwed. Incredibly cheap. Next to Zero work. Basically plug and play for no money ($50 ish will get you 1000 games all setup ready to go). Set it and forget it.

pi - laggy terribly old emulation and bad emulators (using fba and mame from decade ago). Aweful video output for arcade games (which require literally hundreds of different video outputs for any accuracy and smooth play). even new 3b+ is way underpowered (maybe in another few years they'll have something decent). Very reasonable cost but no where near as cheap as multi board. Minimal work with all the premade setups avail online. Dummy could set it up in an hour or two no problem. As soon as you start messing with any settings at all you are better off going pc.

pc setup - Substantially better emulation than both above. can be very close to original boards with good setup knowledge and near indistinguishable. good chunk more expensive than multi boards, can be as cheap or similar price to pi (super old pc will still drastically outperform pi) but in general most expensive of the three for a good system. The most work and messing with settings to get anything worthwhile. Way more emulators and emulation of far more systems and modern systems (ttx, ttx2, model 2, model 3, naomi, atomiswave, ringedge, etc that the others have no chance in hell emulating anytime soon). Easily hours (or days) setting up and getting familiar with your first setup. Time is money and need to be full blown nerd to setup good system.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 pm

I avoid emulation for my cabinet and general gaming setup. Emulation is fun to play with once in a while to check out some random games, but when I play, I play to win (going for competitive play, high scores etc.) - this means real hardware. I'm not made of money, so I don't have hundreds of PCBs, but I do find it to be cost-effective to use consoles that have been JAMMA modded. Particularly the Saturn is an EXCELLENT way to play a lot of arcade classics as ports rather than emulation.

My biggest gripe with emulation platforms like RasPi is that at the end of the day it's yet another computer that I need to administer. When I want to play some games it's to get away from the BS of computing today. Go take a look at any of the MAME forums - most of the talk is about setting things up, not actually playing the games... Says all you need to know.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

scbadboy
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scbadboy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:09 am

Back to your original post. I'll check stock. I might have one sitting around.

They updated that board 3 times and they are now at the 750 in 1

But i might have some old stock
Own: Chexx Hockey Canada vs. Russia, xxxx-in-1 in showcase cab, Bally Motordome

For all your arcade needs visit Multicade Canada http://www.multicade.ca

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”