My ongoing experience buying a Candy Cab

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Re: My ongoing experience buying a Candy Cab

Postby Lordsxo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:29 pm

scogon wrote:congrats, what did the all in price end up like?

This is the all in price.

Total Price for each
Sega New Net City---------$2,142.66 CND
Sega Astro City-------------$1,681.37 CND

There was also a Sega Naomi with Capcom vs. SNK in the NNC, I could sell that to recoup some cost, as I already have a Naomi. Some could see this as a bit steep and a tiny bit more than I was hoping to pay, but I've been searching for both of these for the last couple years and any time that I see these type listed for anything less than $1500, they are normally snapped up in minutes. And usually they are more than a few hours drive, to get them.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm

thanks yeah for these days that's pretty right on, plus nice cabs!! congrats!

XeD
timbit
timbit

Postby XeD » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Really I'm having a hard time off loading some of the NNC I'm getting. Did you final open up the crate?

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 am

They are a fantastic cab and he monitors are insanely beautiful in hi res for Naomi or atomiswave... type x or x2, so good! JVS probably turns some off...

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Postby mwong168 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 pm

sigh.. :censored: I want..
Sega Astro City 2.

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Postby mwong168 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am

XeD wrote:Really I'm having a hard time off loading some of the NNC I'm getting. Did you final open up the crate?

Sorry for the lack of updates, got busy, and the two have been sitting there, I haven't got them into the house yet.

I did get the one for the NNC open, gave it a good cleaning, there are some scuffs here and there. Popped open the service panel to review everything that was there and how its all wired up. Considering that this came from HK, I was hesitant of just plugging it in. Looking inside, there was a massive step down transformer, from 220v to 100v. Thank fully someone removed the electrical connection of this from the machine I didn't have to do anything, everything was wired just fine. I plugged it in, and and powered it up. Before anyone says it, the voltage at my home is 114V, and the chassis for the monitor is rated between 100V - 120V. Every thing powered up alright screen looks good, sound is muffled, and all the controls look new, like they were new. Both 15k and 31k look really good on this display.

I played around with the sound and found that if i pushed the RCA connector going in to the Naomi, it sounded fine. So I pulled that out, and put in another one, and that one was fine. Probably something wrong with the filter board that could probably be fixed easily.

I did take one of the panels in to a paint shop and got a match made in enamel paint that I will use to cover some scrapes and marks on the base, once that has dryed up, I'll take in to the house.

The Astro City, I got the top and one of the sides off. This one isn't as good condition as the first one. Looks like it was repainted... with out disassembly. It wasn't too bad, just not the best. There is also a weird square 5x3cm hole just underneath the controls panel, can't really see it. Otherwise, it's all fine. I haven't been able to plug it in yet.

MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 pm

OCD twitch* must change pink and green buttons around to the proper order

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:44 pm

brad808 wrote:OCD twitch* must change pink and green buttons around to the proper order

Didn't even notice that, I saw two colours that are correct and in a group. Usually, these are just replace with what ever is sitting around. I'll put them in the correct spot when I'm done.

yaton6262

Postby yaton6262 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:44 am

Hi. i am ebay yaton6262
Thanks your ongoing experience buying a Candy Cab put on this forum
i still think you got there are very expensive of Customs and other fees
i have a idea.please add in my facekook jianming yao. maybe we can discuss something
Thanks
James

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 pm

yaton6262 wrote:Hi. i am ebay yaton6262
Thanks your ongoing experience buying a Candy Cab put on this forum
i still think you got there are very expensive of Customs and other fees
i have a idea.please add in my facekook jianming yao. maybe we can discuss something
Thanks
James

For Customs and Duties, it wasn't that bad, I cleared it my self, I only paid 5% of the selling price, after the conversion from USD to CND. The Importing fee is likely same if I brought in 1- 20, so since it was two, the cost per unit is high.

The $305 for shipping was well worth it, but if I wanted, i could have rented a truck and picked it up myself, to save. But I didn't want to bother with it this time.

For where I am, and where they they came from, it was a very realistic cost for sending 2 units compared to a container.

yaton6262

Postby yaton6262 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:03 pm

yes. right.
i list a china warehouse Export to EASTERN CANADA (Toronto, Montreil,Halifax) AND WESTERN VANCOUVER PORT COST. It is a Complete process with cost. some people maybe need.
1)we got order ( for example one cab ) will retested and make wood box (CAD 60).2-3 working days. also notice ship agent order a ship shipping container space.
2) usually within one week will get a Customs warehouse number. then delivery to Customs warehouse.(CAD 80) wait Customs Clearance and ship come the port.
3) 5-10 days Customs Clearance done and ship arrivals port. the goods moved to ship.
usually a week have a ship to Eastern and western.
cost.
Customs Documentation fees CAD 120 /Each shipment
Customs fees CAD 50 /Each shipment
Local insurance premium CAD 18/Each shipment
SEA SHIP FEE . ( EASTERN ) CAD 240 / Each cubic meter . (WESTERN) CAD 150/Each cubic meter.
Less than one cubic meter is calculated in one cubic meter. ( one cab pack is 1.3 cubic meter. cost is CAD 240 X 2 . two cab pack 2.6 cubic meter.cost is CAN 240 X 3)
ONE CAB TO EASTERN CAD 808. WESTERN CAD 628.
TWO CABS TO EASTERN CAD 1108 WESTERN CAD 838
Three CABS TO EASTERN CAD 1348 WESTERN CAD 988

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”