Game pick ups

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

Bighab
stubby
stubby

Re: Game pick ups

Postby Bighab » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:14 pm

I rarely hunt anymore. A month ago I lucked out picking up a Mega Man X3 snes cart for $75. Same price as he was asking for a genesis model 2 :lol:

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Bighab wrote:I rarely hunt anymore. A month ago I lucked out picking up a Mega Man X3 snes cart for $75. Same price as he was asking for a genesis model 2 :lol:

I'm not into much console game collecting. I will pick up NES and sometimes SNES games if they are cheap enough.

Oh and some sega games

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:16 pm

OTTOgd wrote:Nifty game pick-ups, thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I have been on a retro PC kick lately. I love them.

I almost got a nice replacement Leisure suit larry 7 complete in box with guide ….. I missed out and it felt like a punch to the face.... THe search continues. I also need to replace Star wars Xwing: Imperial Pursuit.

I recently got a cheap replacement for Mario is missing.

I also picked these up today at value village. I used to love this golf game as a kid, and always wanted to play Mad Dog. … For 2 bucks each why not.

I picked these up from a guy off Kijiji . I got them for a great price. I didnt know there were big box versions... I have the collectors set with all 3 games and am happy to have these in the collection.

I love the Compucenter sticker on the box. I used to love going into Compucenter and looking at all the cool PC game boxes that I couldn't afford.

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:59 am

Law212 wrote:I love the Compucenter sticker on the box. I used to love going into Compucenter and looking at all the cool PC game boxes that I couldn't afford.

Cool finds. Post a closer pic of the sticker, please! Neat retail reference.

This is not a sticker but thought it was nostalgically interesting. A year or so ago, I bought a Mattel Electronics Football 2 and the original receipt was still inside the box. Not easy to see but originally purchased from Eaton Centre's Leisure World for $37.32 CAD, back in '81! Great game, imho.

Image Image

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:43 am

Thats super cool! , I love when the receipt is included.
I picked up an electronic chess game a while back and it looked like it was from the lte 70s or early 80s. I think it had the receipt. When I got to my moms ill take pictures.

Ill take a picture of the compucenter tag a but later this weekend.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 am

I got a few more pickups this week.

I always wanted to play this when it came out, but I couldn't afford it I dont think. This was a cheap ebay purchase.

I have seen this reviewed somewhere and it looked neat. Value village tagged it for 9.99, but I removed the tag and they gave it to me for 1.99.

I never got to play the swat games, but I loved the police quest series so I grabbed this.

I was hoping id find one of these as I found the diablo chest before for 1.99. They had a tag of 12.99 on this. I replaced it with a 1.99 tag. They are really upping their pc game prices.

and a couple loose genesis games that looked decent when I googled them .

There was an Encarta 94 which looked complete and I now regret not getting it. ah well.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:33 pm

This is my third attempt at writing this post. The site keep erasing it before I can submit...…

ONe last pick up for the weekend. After dropping off my wife at work, I stopped into a nearby Value Village.
I saw a couple copies of Amped. I see them pretty often and never picked them up even though I have wanted to play the game since it came out.

One copy had the green "Not for Resale" on it, and the one I got had "Not for Resale. Limited Edition. Seemed cool so its the one I picked. though now I wish I got both///

Opening to check that all the contents were t here and the disc was in g ood shape I saw an awesome bonus. I have wanted to find a cheap copy for a long time, and I also want the controller. I missed out on one recently for $150...…

Anyway Very happy to see this inside the case under the manual.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 pm

A few more PC game pickups since the last post.

Playgame

Postby Playgame » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:19 am

I like these PC games so much. Many years ago I had a huge collection of them, but my wife asked me to sell all of them, because they just gathered dust on a shelf. It sounded right and I sold all of them except DOOM, I don't know why I didn't want get rid of it, but I still has this game as a memory about my collection. From that time, sometimes I still buy some games, but only online.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:23 pm

God job keeping Doom. Luckily my wife is OK with my hobby. Im looking for doom among others but I doubt ill find one since the prices today are insane.

I havent posted in a while, not sure if this place is active anymore but maybe ill do a big post of all I have gotten in the past few months.

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Law212 wrote:God job keeping Doom. Luckily my wife is OK with my hobby. Im looking for doom among others but I doubt ill find one since the prices today are insane.

I havent posted in a while, not sure if this place is active anymore but maybe ill do a big post of all I have gotten in the past few months.

Yeah, older fun stuff is being over-priced, unfortunately.

I visit daily to see if anyone has something to say. Your pick-ups are nifty. Looking forward to your big post.

I recently picked up a pinball machine!

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:20 pm

My second attempt at this post....

I love that little arcade unit. Did you open it to use it?

ANyway here are my pickups over the past months. Probably not a complete list, but its most of it im sure.

This is some of the contents of a large game lot I purchased, I ened up selling some of the games to recoup my costs, but kept most.

I do plan to play as many as possible .

Here is a sealed copy of Descent I got a couple weeks back. I already had a copy but it was open and I sold it and got this one. The seller also threw in a jewel case copy of the game so I can play it and leave this one sealed.

Picked this up at a thrift store. I love the Outlaw series and this was the one game I didnt have. Though I am still looking for Red Hot for outlaw volleyball

These are two of 3 vintage PCs I use. The one on the left is a Pentium 166 running windows 98 and A voodoo 3 2000.
The one on the right is a Celeron 700 MHz machine running windows me .

I also have a Pentium 4 for newer old games.

This isnt an old game, but I had to get this because I loved the original game. I had the CE for the xbox 360 version of it and even though I dont have a ps4 , I wanted this CE for the soundtrackanad artbook.

The original Sim City. I also have a white box of a re-release of this game.

This was another game lot I purchased from a guy. There is the re-release for Sim City. Test drive 3 which I loved back in the day. Also, so many great games in this collection. I lareayd had this version of myst but my box is so busted up, I need to try to fix it. This one was in pristine condition.

I didnt know anything about this game, I got it in a lot, but I love the cover. I havent been able to get the game to run on any of my systems though yet.

I love games like this. I never knew it existed until someone on a facebook group posted one sealed for 100 euros. I inquired about it but it was too much so I went to ebay to look for the game, and I found one , sealed and I offered 20 dollars and it was accepted. I opened it to play it and its fantastic. I will beat it some time when I finish some other games.

Here was another small lot. I got it mainly for the terminator and zeliard, but also I love zork and this was the 3.5 floppy version and I had the cd version already. Also under a steel sky seemed awesome.

This was a game I got in a lot as well and I nearly sold it as its on a 5.25 inch floppy which I didnt have at the time. I also learned its pretty rare and expensive. So I kept it and I will install and play it at some point , but I love the look of the box

I played this years ago on an apple IIe we used to have. Found it in a lot I purchased (same one that had auto deul)
Cant wait to play this one again. I love the box for it.

I had been looking for this for a while. Found it in a thrift store along with Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 battlechest for acouple dollars each

Got these in one of the previously mentioned lots.

Found this black xbox 360 pro in a thrift store for under ten dollars. Works perfectly.

I have found 2 of these lately for a couple bucks. One had a zipdisk in it labeled "amateur" so im curious..... But I havent been able to install them yet to use them

I love this game. I never knew it existed for PC. I wish maximum carnage was also on PC....

I was happy to find these recently. Bloodrayne is sealed and in great shape. Stubbs is used and the hobbit is new and sealed but beat up a bit.

These were some random pickups and Kijiji purchases. Glad to have gotten prince of Persia 2. The phantom menace is sealed , I have a jewelc ase copy to play . Quake 3 arena the box is caved in badly.

This was a local purchase from a guy selling games off. I really wanted the fallen, the thing, and doom. But I asked for Cathcumen as well because it looked interesting. Its a Christian game doom clone kinda thing.

I bought these from an acquaintance . A lot of demo disks, the final issue of pc accelerator and tri action games which his sealed.
I tried the demo for Drakan (I have a complete boxed copy) and wow is it buggy as hell. Goes to show that demos used to be very unfinished version back then

ONe of my favourite games . I had a copy since I was about 15. I lost the box over the years though and managed to find someone selling just the box . Super happy.

These are some educational software from that large lot of games I bought. Not a great pick but some good software, and a game I forgot about from my childhood. Adventure on treasure island with Tom Sawyer. unfortunately just the box and no game disk....

A couple games I loved and am happy to have them back.

random pickups . never played these

Someone was giving this away and I jumped on it. a 21 inch crt monitor. Will be perfect for my retro systems

THis was also in one of the lots. I tried it and its actually fun and I will try to finish it at some point

This was a small lot I got because I wanted all the games shown. Oni was one I never thought id get.

Found this for acouple dollars. I will try to find the cords and a controller for it when I get a chance.

This is another game from one of the lots which I almost sold but then was advised its super rare and expensive. so I kept it.

Found at a local thrift for a couple bucks.

FIrst Gabriel Knight game I ever got, purchased from the guy who sold me Descent

This game looks super cool. Also from one of the mentioned lots. Missing disk A so ill have to DL a copy to play it

These I just picked up at a thrift because the act of war one looked like a CnC knockoff with full motion video and all that. The one above just looked strange.

Eye of the beholder. Seemed neat but I couldn't get the controls to work properly

from the guy who sold me descent as well. Just looked neat.

part of a lot. Cool just to have . play too fast on any of my systems

Glad to find these. I used to have one back in the day. I still had the manual and driver cd.

Picked these up from a guy nearby.

Cant wait to play them

Got these disks free when I bought the games in the next picture ill post.
love having the MK disks though I want to find a box. same with spear of destiny

I got these very cheap when I was on a work trip.

so happy to have this though I dont have the nr 18 upgrade disk,....
I also want to find cobra mission and knights of xentar

Some more games from a lot

got these last week. All sealed. except UT3
I also have a sealed german version of SIN

my Duke Nukem collection

kings quest collection

police quest collection

other random games

Oh and I got these yesterday from a friend. All except prince of Persia which I got a while back. All games except jaws are in mint condition

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:08 pm

Geez Louise! You have some games to play! Wow. Lots!

Btw, my Tandy Rocket Pinball doesn't play and unfixable. :(

... but Sean, a SUPER handheld tech expert I found (https://seanriddle.com/decap.html) and contacted for advice got back to me saying he has a working Rocket that he'll send to me!

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:54 pm

THats awome that someone will send you a working one. Good stuff.

Law212
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Law212 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Here is a video I made showing a small bit of my collection.

If you like it put a comment on the video , If you collect retro PC games and live in Ontario let me know I could have you in an upcoming video.

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”