FS: Custom built mini Neo Geo Bartop (with CRT!)

Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

TheTrain

FS: Custom built mini Neo Geo Bartop (with CRT!)

Postby TheTrain » Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Long time lurker, first time seller.

Custom built mini Neo Geo barrio arcade machine
$750 obo (no trades, pickup only)

Finally done and ready for a forever home, adopt this guy little thing today.

Although this is my first sales post here, I have built quite a few strange things in my day, and this is likely to be my last. I have had a tremendous amount of fun building and selling some really cool and unique units, but I am setting my eyes on more of the software side moving forward (looking at you Dexter board...).

This is a one-of-a-kind, hand made, awesome little Neo Geo unit.

Unlike most of the newly made stuff kicking around these days, this was made with a CRT monitor! A small 15" one at that.

Lets get into the meat of it. Quite a few people in one of my other groups said "Make a mini-Neo Geo that runs on a CRT!" So here it is!
This is running a Raspberry Pi 3B+ that has VGA666 output going directly to the VGA monitor (no crappy converter box from HDMI). Everything is on a 16g Micro SD that is running Retropie and a heavily modified version of PSYCHO's Neo Geo setup. I have also fully reworked that 4x3 fork of the base theme from Rukage to work best on this specific system (aka will not work well on any other system). It is also running in Kiosk mode so you can't screw it up, and your kids can't screw it up.

It has over 140 games. Pretty much a full library of the North American Neo Geo games. I have not tested all of them so some basic troubleshooting ability is an asset should you run into any issues. Everything that I play (Metal Slugs, SHMUPS, some baseball stuff) works perfectly. If you have any questions about specific games I am happy to answer them and test them out!

I am not interested in putting tons of other systems and games on this. This was designed to be Neo-Geo only. So no 10,000 in one requests, although once you own it you are welcome to do as you like with it. There is a lot of CPS stuff left on the card from the base image, so you can tinker with that if you like.

All controls are 100% legit Happ goodness. No cheap stuff in there. The stick is an 8-way Happ competition stick, and all of the buttons are normal Happ with Cherry micro-switches across the board.

The CRT is an Acer VGA 15". These are super hard to find these days so it comes with a replacement one should anything happen. Thats right, I am including a 2nd monitor for free that you can have on hand

Power is taken care of by a power bar inside that is wired to a proper break out switch. One switch turns the whole thing on and off.

All of the artwork was custom made by me in Photoshop, and I will include all files incase you need to re-print something. Everything was printed someone in my other group and it is super well done.

Along with the system you will also get a USB key that has a backup of the Micro SD card, and all the artwork files. This way if the SD gets corrupted, or you tinker yourself into a corner, you can get back to the base.

You will find imperfections in this. It was hand made. No templates, no CNC. Just me, a few saws, and a lot of cursing.

Its also heavy. I would guess 50+ lb.

I can get full dimensions for those that are interested. Rough numbers are 24" high, 27" deep, and 16.5" wide.

Back is open for ventilation. You can cover it if you wish. Bottom is open as well, but all cables are well managed and routed inside.

Pickup is in Maple or Toronto only. Cash only. Sorry not looking for trades.
 Also will not ship it under any circumstances. Sorry!

I have put a tremendous amount of time, and quite a bit of money into making this a reality. While I do have some wiggle room on the price for the right person under the right circumstances, I am not looking to let it go for nothing.

If you have any questions at all please let me know!

Here is a link to a DropBox folder with some images, as well as two videos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/whp9v1cyfpu8 ... Ud4Sa?dl=0

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Re: FS: Custom built mini Neo Geo Bartop (with CRT!)

Postby tekkaraiden » Tue May 07, 2019 4:57 am

Just so you know your link to pictures is not working.

TheTrain

Postby TheTrain » Tue May 07, 2019 5:42 am

tekkaraiden wrote:Just so you know your link to pictures is not working.

Thanks for the heads up. It has sold!

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Tue May 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Awesome, any chance you could still post a pic? I'm trying to build one myself and I like to look at what others have created.

TheTrain

Postby TheTrain » Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 am

tekkaraiden wrote:Awesome, any chance you could still post a pic? I'm trying to build one myself and I like to look at what others have created.

Here ya go!

Robert
timbit
timbit

Postby Robert » Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 am

You got $750?

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:47 am

this is pretty dope. you probably will not read this. but Why did you sell? have you thought of making these on the side or something?
Sega Astro City 2.

Return to “The Swap Shop”