3/4 Scale Arcade Cabinets at EB games!

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

3/4 Scale Arcade Cabinets at EB games!

Postby LoganN64 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 am

I suppose this story started at Walmart, I was walking through the video game section about 6 months ago ,and saw they were selling these 1/3 scale Multi-Arcade Cabinets, they had the following:

Street Fighter (Street Fighter ll Champion Edition, Street Fighter ll The New Challengers, Street Fighter ll Turbo)

Pacman (Classic, Plus. I think there was a variant that had Ms. Pacman, but I'm not sure)

Centipede (Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles)

Galaga (saw this in store, but not online: Galaga, Galaxa)

Rampage (saw in store, but not online: Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender)

and apparently (I never saw it):

Asteroids (Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest)

Here's the link for the search: https://www.walmart.ca/search/arcade%201up

----------------------------- FAST FORWARD TO TODAY -------------------------------------

But just Today I came across EB GAMES offers for these, and they have A LOT MORE:

Street Fighter (Street Fighter ll Champion Edition, Street Fighter ll The New Challengers, Street Fighter ll Turbo)

Pacman (Classic, Plus. I think there was a variant that had Ms. Pacman, but I'm not sure)

Galaga (saw this in store, but not online: Galaga, Galaxa)

GOLDEN TEE (Golden Tee Classic, '98, '99, 2K)

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (4-player Cabinet with: TMNT the Arcade game, also know as TMNT 2 The Arcade game, and TMNT TURTLES IN TIME)

ATARI STARWARS (With replica Flight Yoke: Starwars, Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi)

MARVEL (I want this SOOOOO BAD!! sadly no Marvel vs Capcom. Marvel Super Heroes, X-MEN Children Of The Atom, The Punisher)

MORTAL KOMBAT (MK 1, MK 2, MK Ultimate)

Here's the EB GAMES link: https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?platform=&rootGenre=&age=&listSkus=748519,748518,748711,748710,748709,749011,745846,736248&utm_source=08/16/2019%20Weekly%20Ad&utm_campaign=08/16/2019%20Arcade
Last edited by LoganN64 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Re: 1/3 Scale Arcade Cabinets at EB games!

Postby AllanSim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:49 pm

I picked up the pacman and the centipede at auctionmaxx for cheaper since the finishes were a little roughed up. Put together the pac but not the centipede yet. Also put a 60-in-1 i wasn't using in the pac, they sell adapters for the monitors but i just decased an existing vga 17" monitor i had, plus this way i get ms.pacman, junior, and many other games available. I always wanted a yellow pac and came to the conclusion that i wasn't going to find one anywhere near me or i'd have to spend too much on an old midway cab that needed a lot of work so this was my best option. Now if only i could find some cheap risers -- 70 is too much for basically a small box. Will probably just get those ikea end tables for $10

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 am

AllanSim wrote:I picked up the pacman and the centipede at auctionmaxx for cheaper since the finishes were a little roughed up. Put together the pac but not the centipede yet. Also put a 60-in-1 i wasn't using in the pac, they sell adapters for the monitors but i just decased an existing vga 17" monitor i had, plus this way i get ms.pacman, junior, and many other games available. I always wanted a yellow pac and came to the conclusion that i wasn't going to find one anywhere near me or i'd have to spend too much on an old midway cab that needed a lot of work so this was my best option. Now if only i could find some cheap risers -- 70 is too much for basically a small box. Will probably just get those ikea end tables for $10

I was thinking about picking one up from Auctionmaxx because of the price and it would be a a retro pi project. How rough was the shape of it? was it just the control panel area? share some pics or it didn't happen! :lol:
Sega Astro City 2.

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 am

The only issue I saw was the front panel that goes to the bottom, the one that's black and has the names of the 2 games on it that *really* should be yellow if you ask me, had a couple of scraped scuffs near the top going down an inch or so. That entire black area isn't paint but a decal -- the scuffs aren't very noticeable when assembled since its directly under the control panel but I 'fixed' it just by taking a black marker and filling in the scuffs. Someone went through the assembly instructions and put checkmarks with a pen next to all the parts you inventory when you first get it -- whether this was AuctionMaxx themselves checking that everything was there or the person who first bought it and returned it, I don't know. I noticed that the main boxes will sometimes have rips in them. I'm pretty happy with the purchase since it was less than 200 Canadian but I can see why people will put in a sanwa 4-way joystick with a stiff 4-pound spring instead of what they give you. The control panel is all pre-assembled so you don't have to mount the controls but I was able to open it up easily to mount the 60-in-1 in it. I haven't opened up the centipede box yet but when I do I'll post pics of any scratches or whatever. I drive a small car and both flatpacks fit OK with the backseats down although I don't think there would've been room for a third. As for assembly time, set aside at least 3 hours. Also they don't recommend a powerdriver to screw things in but i used one no problem.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:57 pm

Jeeze now I'm tempted to go and pick up a Rampage can from this Auctionmaxx you mentioned.

Also where might one acquire Sanwa joysticks?

On a side note, I was curious what the U.S. was getting in terms of these bad-boys, and apparently they have the SUPER DELUXE 12-in-1: Street Fighter cocktail cabinet up for Pre-order. Suffice to say I want one as a coffee table! Here's the listing:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fight ... /326049104

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:08 pm

I just thought of ANOTHER possibility for Arcade 1up cabinets for those of you who DON'T have space, BUT have a bit of room along a wall!

I noticed that the Arcade1up site offers replacement parts for sale, and that you can get them for a (relative) fraction of the cost.

So I got to thinking: "what if you just bought the screen, control deck and a plexiglas and bolted the stuff to the wall with some fold-out hardware along with a printout of the cabinet in the wall?"

According to my calculations the particle board cabinet amounts to about 50% of the cost of a full unit (I used Rampage cab as an example, its $399 + shipping).

Where as if I piecemeal the Control deck, monitor, PCB, and plexiglas it works out to about $200 + shipping (probably less shipping due to it's just 3 components.) And then you can use the $200 you saved to print a full sized decal to glue to your wall then bolt the monitor and control deck to it to complete the illusion!

What do you think?

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:22 am

Why must you be out of reach 12-in-1 Street Fighter Cocktail cabinet?!?!?! i need you as my coffee table!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fight ... /326049104

Is anyone heading in/around either of the Walmarts on New York (or any Walmart that is easily accessible in the States)?:

- 1540 Military Rd, Niagara Falls, NY 14304, USA

- 3290 Sheridan Dr, Amherst, NY 14226, USA

Some how i think ill have to cross over for a day and look suspicious with a large flat-pack box in the trunk and claim i didn't buy anything.
Last edited by LoganN64 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:22 am

So minor update in case you folks don't go in to the Coin-op forums.

Both Walmart and Amazon have pre-orders for the new cabinets! the prices are equal to the EB Games listings!

Now I just need to find a Canadian Retailer that is taking orders for the 12-in-1 Street Fighter Cocktail cabinet, and we'll be in business!

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 pm

So the Arcade 1up home page just updated their selection to include a number of Counter-top arcade cabinets called "Counter-cades" basically the bulk of them are already released cabinets but further scaled down, looks to be about 1/4 scale.

The sets include:

- PACMAN (Pacman and Pac & Pal)

- DIG-DUG (Dig-dug and Dig-dug 2)

- SPACE INVADERS (Space Invaders Black & White and Space Invaders Colour)

- CENTIPEDE (Centipede and Missile Command)

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Postby tekkaraiden » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:13 am

Those counter-cades look pretty cool.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Oh and I don't know how I missed this; but they also have the head-to-head cabinets up for preorder... sadly USA only... FOR NOW... the two that are up for grabs are:

- PACMAN (Comes with 8 games... so many Pac-man games...)
-- PAC-MAN PLUS
-- PAC-MAN
-- PAC&PAL
-- PAC-MANIA
-- SUPER PAC-MAN
-- PAC-LAND
-- GALAGA
-- DIG DUG

AND

STREET FIGHTER 2 (Comes with 12 games... lots of Street Fighter, BUT a lot of OTHER games too! I REALLY WANT THIS ONE!!! COFFEE TABLE!!!)

-- Street Fighter II: The World Warriors
-- Street Fighter II: Turbo Hyper Fighting
-- Street Fighter
-- Darkstalkers
-- Commando
-- FINAL FIGHT
-- GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS
-- STRIDER MOTO KIKAKU.
-- 1944: LOOP MASTER
-- STREET FIGHTER II CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION
-- SUPER STREET FIGHTER II THE NEW CHALLENGERS
-- SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:34 pm

What's really getting my goat right now is; I really want to get my hands on that Limited Edition Marvel Super Heroes Cabinet (Yellow trim, light-up marque and Sanwa joysticks!) they keep taunting me with!! Currently it's only available for preorder in the USA, and they claim "International Shipping Coming Soon"... which makes me wonder WHEN?!?! it has been over a month, you'd think they'd have figured this out by now.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Re: 3/4 Scale Arcade Cabinets at EB games!

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:45 pm

So i was doing some digging and apparently London Drugs has a few exclusive cabinets for sale, and its actually not a bad price, in terms of having it shipped from their warehouse.

Here's the list if anyone was interested (Yes i know i listed them earlier, but we finally have London Drugs, which is the Canadian retailer that carries them now):

- FINAL FIGHT (Final Fight, 1944 The Loop Master, Ghosts & Goblins, Strider)
- SPACE INVADERS - Counter-Arcade (Space Invaders Black & White, Space Invaders Colour)
- DIG DUG - Counter-Arcade (Dig Dug, Dig Dug 2)
- CENTIPEDE - Counter Arcade (Centipede, Missile Command)
- PACMAN - Counter-Arcade (Pacman, Pack & Pal)

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:17 am

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on an Arcade 1up "Rampage" Cabinet for cheap? Auctionmaxx seems to have sold out and are about to get a bunch of Street Fighter II, Pacman, and Centipede cabinets... which I am considering getting the SFII if its under $150 (after taxes, because its 3 of the same game that's why!).

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:14 am

Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is on, and Arcade 1up has announced that they have Burger Time (plus; Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, and Caveman Ninja) up for grabs on their website, presumably a Special Limited Edition with only 3,000 being made... im pretty sure they'll screw over everyone and release a normal unit right after, just like they did with the Special Edition Marvel Super Heroes cabinet.

Other rumours include:

- Marvel vs. Capcom 1 (plus, supposedly; X-Men vs. Street Fighter, and possibly one other game.)

- NBA Jam (4 player cabinet, with online capabilities and NBA Jam Tournament Edition and NBA Hang Time.)

- Star Wars Trilogy sit-down edition (mostly a re-release but with a custom stool, or possible add-on.)

- Star Wars Virtual Pinball (Looks like it's going to be the 1st offering of a pinball cabinet from A1Up. May include other popular Pinball games.)

- Golden Axe: Death Adder ( with Altered Beast, Shinobi, and Wrestle War.)

- Frogger (with Time Pilot and Time Pilot 84 - I felt Time Pilot 33 was the best for game play, while 64 had the best custom character and custom ball options. 84 added Micro-transaction and mandatory online subscriptions.)

- Golden Tee (seems to be a re-release, but it seems they added "SSB" - Silver Strike Bowling with online capabilities.)

- Big Buck Hunter (the 1st offering of a of a light-gun game from A1Up. I am VERY INTERESTED in how they pulled off the technology, as i heard it is very tricky to get light-guns to work with LCD screens. My money is on something like the Wii and Wii-Remote sensors.)
Modify message

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”