arcade 1up machines almost here... price drop now $399 CAD

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Re: arcade 1up machines almost here... price drop now $399 CAD

Postby LoganN64 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:30 pm

So I went to Auctionmaxx to see the place in person... wow... I was expecting something along the lines of a "Factory Direct" set up, but this was even more depressing than that... I don't know if I would even try to get anything from there under normal conditions.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:13 pm

I had a feeling it was going to be a disaster there man. pretty much a factory direct is what I thought. man good to know. so you didn't get a 1 up machine?
Sega Astro City 2.

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:05 am

My experience at auctionmaxx wasn't *bad* although it was a little confusing. Inside the small & busy front area they had a group of computers where you could get the item number from their website and order it with your credit card, but for some reason once I registered a website account and my CC they make you wait a few days before you can use it to order something (??) so I just took the item number to the counter with people there, they processed it and using debit was an option to pay so i just paid for the cabinets that way. Then you go around the side and show the people at the warehouse entrance your order receipt and they bring the item out to you. I guess one other problem is that they only have a small amount of parking for such a busy place.

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:19 pm

tekkaraiden wrote:I used to assemble ikea furniture and I wouldn't trust the lack side table with anything more than 20lbs.

LoganN64 wrote:
AllanSim wrote:Now if only i could find some cheap risers -- 70 is too much for basically a small box. Will probably just get those ikea end tables for $10

I have been keeping my ear to the ground on the Arcade-1up community, and word on the street has it that IKEA sells some decent end-tables that can handle about 60-70 pounds, and make decent risers as long as you are ok with the aesthetics. I believe this is the table that they refer to... most of the modders are form the US, so it may have the same name(s) but lower quality.

Substitute RISER: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/lack-side- ... -20011408/

Substitute STOOL: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/marius-sto ... -10135659/

hope that helps.

I had a 111 lbs 30inch widescreen Tube TV on a LACK coffee table with no issues. That is the same 4 legs as the LACK Side table.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Q B wrote:I had a feeling it was going to be a disaster there man. pretty much a factory direct is what I thought. man good to know. so you didn't get a 1 up machine?

No I went a week after they had a shipment of 10+ come in, and they almost sold out over night. By the time I got to the physical store just to check it out they had 2 open/used cabinets left and I was too depressed from the sight that I didn't even try to bid or buy them. Also the only 2 that were left were Pacman and even at 50-75% off it's not worth it for 2 versions of almost the same game. If it was Rampage, Final Fight or any of the 12-in-1 cabinets/cocktails then I would hop on. If anything I may do the folding "homemade wallcade" of the 12-in-1 cabinets.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm

AllanSim wrote:My experience at auctionmaxx wasn't *bad* although it was a little confusing. Inside the small & busy front area they had a group of computers where you could get the item number from their website and order it with your credit card, but for some reason once I registered a website account and my CC they make you wait a few days before you can use it to order something (??) so I just took the item number to the counter with people there, they processed it and using debit was an option to pay so i just paid for the cabinets that way. Then you go around the side and show the people at the warehouse entrance your order receipt and they bring the item out to you. I guess one other problem is that they only have a small amount of parking for such a busy place.

Yea, I was confused by all the clothing and small appliances and... well it felt like a value village or salvation army donation centre... just sad. Then again people could potentially steal from them so I don't blame them for keeping big-ticket items like TVs and the like in the warehouse.

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 pm

I opened up The Brick flyer this weekend and they now list Arcade 1up games for sale with risers...
$499 to $649. (Yes, the Star Wars is $649)

https://www.thebrick.com/pages/search-results?q=Arcade

Davester.
Pins: Funhouse
Race Drivin', Winding Heat, MAME, Touchmaster, Seeburg SPS2, Rockola 494, AMI Rowe Laserstar, Parking Meters, Payphone... if it takes coins, I want it!
Even those funny coin op machines in the ladies room...

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:02 am

Those seem like the standard prices across the board. But thanks for showing us that The Brick is selling these!

P.S. I got my TMNT cabinet last thursday and set it up Saturday night! It's pretty sweet! The instant I started playing I imagined I was back at the Chuck-E-Cheese in Etobicoke! Cowabunga!

Also, does anyone have any tips for me on how to get one of the Limited Edition Marvel Arcade 1up units across the border without paying the $100 duty and tax on it?

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:57 am

^^
pics or it didn't happen.
Sega Astro City 2.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:11 am

Q B wrote:^^

Why does everyone keep saying that to me?? By the way, I got mine from Walmart so, they are really on the ball, or just trying to get rid of these things because they probably take up tons of inventory space.

And Walmart has also shipped my "emergency" Marvel Cabinet out 2-3 weeks early (depending if you follow the Walmart release date or the EBgames release date) so that's another interesting thing.

And apparently i cant add my photos because the board quota has been reached... :? :?

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:46 am

LoganN64 wrote:
Q B wrote:^^

Why does everyone keep saying that to me?? By the way, I got mine from Walmart so, they are really on the ball, or just trying to get rid of these things because they probably take up tons of inventory space.

And Walmart has also shipped my "emergency" Marvel Cabinet out 2-3 weeks early (depending if you follow the Walmart release date or the EBgames release date) so that's another interesting thing.

And apparently i cant add my photos because the board quota has been reached... :? :?

lol just trying to get you to post pics cause its fun to see. Classic line pics or it didn't happen :lol:
Sega Astro City 2.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:53 am

Say can anyone confirm if the listing from Amazon.ca for the Marvel cabinet is real? From the photo it looks like the Limited Edition Marvel cabinet, but the description has the item # as 7661 which is the standard blue version. I hope it's the Limited Edition version because I have been bugging A1up for a long time about Canadian shipping.

https://www.amazon.ca/Marvel-Heroes-Arcade-Cabinet-Special/dp/B07TFYPSSP/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=arcade1up&qid=1573907454&sr=8-6

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 am

So i just checked the Arcade 1up website last night and noticed that they now offer shipping to Canada on the last 350 or so units of the Special Edition Marvel Cabinet.... a little too late for me to get one as i bought the standard unit last month.

The thing is; if the quality of the standard edition is any indication, i don't want to risk not being able to get parts on a Special Edition unit and the warranty running out while waiting for replacement parts to come in.

Either way, its nice that they finally realized they can sell stuff to other countries outside the USA.

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:13 am

Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is on, and Arcade 1up has announced that they have Burger Time (plus; Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, and Caveman Ninja) up for grabs on their website, presumably a Special Limited Edition with only 3,000 being made... im pretty sure they'll screw over everyone and release a normal unit right after, just like they did with the Special Edition Marvel Super Heroes cabinet.

Good news is, that it seems ALL their items on their website ship to Canada for a decent price.

Other rumours include:

- Marvel vs. Capcom 1 (plus, supposedly; X-Men vs. Street Fighter, and possibly one other game.)

- NBA Jam (4 player cabinet, with online capabilities and NBA Jam Tournament Edition and NBA Hang Time.)

- Star Wars Trilogy sit-down edition (mostly a re-release but with a custom stool, or possible add-on.)

- Star Wars Virtual Pinball (Looks like it's going to be the 1st offering of a pinball cabinet from A1Up. May include other popular Pinball games.)

- Golden Axe: Death Adder ( with Altered Beast, Shinobi, and Wrestle War.)

- Frogger (with Time Pilot and Time Pilot 84 - I felt Time Pilot 33 was the best for game play, while 64 had the best custom character and custom ball options. 84 added Micro-transaction and mandatory online subscriptions.)

- Golden Tee (seems to be a re-release, but it seems they added "SSB" - Silver Strike Bowling with online capabilities.)

- Big Buck Hunter (the 1st offering of a of a light-gun game from A1Up. I am VERY INTERESTED in how they pulled off the technology, as i heard it is very tricky to get light-guns to work with LCD screens. My money is on something like the Wii and Wii-Remote sensors.)
Modify message

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Postby LoganN64 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Well, it's official! EB Games has the NBA Jam and 40th anniversary Pacman cabinets up for Pre-order.

Check them out here:

40th Anniversary Pacman - https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectible ... c-man-40th

NBA Jam with Wifi - https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectible ... up-nba-jam

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”