Pole position pcb wanted.

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Pole position pcb wanted.

Postby ancientgames » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Hey guys. I picked up a couple pole position cabs this week thinking I could make 1 nice one out of the 2. U fortunately theh are wired differently and 1 uses the Atari pcb and the other has the namco one. If anyone has a work of non working pcb of either style please let me know.

Thanks. Mike

Gis

Re: Pole position pcb wanted.

Postby Gis » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Before looking for another board, id recommend to do a diagnosis of what is happening with the game if you haven't done so already. It would be unfortunate to buy a board when it's other issues that are on hand.

Make sure to check if your power supply is working, and to be sure that you have 5 Volts on the main board.
Make sure to clean the connection junction between the boards along with the interconnection board.

I'm curious about the symptoms about what is happening. Do you have anything on screen (Garbage/Artifacts)? Is there any sound being played?

Pole position is quite notorious for having the most problems..

I have two working pole positions and some spare working boards.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:01 pm

If there is garbage on the screen, replace the sockets. Because the sockets Atari used on those boards were also garbage 8)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:35 pm

I'm getting nothing on the screen. Just blue..no signs of life.

Good to hear from you Jason!

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:47 pm

Gis wrote:Before looking for another board, id recommend to do a diagnosis of what is happening with the game if you haven't done so already. It would be unfortunate to buy a board when it's other issues that are on hand.

Make sure to check if your power supply is working, and to be sure that you have 5 Volts on the main board.
Make sure to clean the connection junction between the boards along with the interconnection board.

I'm curious about the symptoms about what is happening. Do you have anything on screen (Garbage/Artifacts)? Is there any sound being played?

Pole position is quite notorious for having the most problems..

I have two working pole positions and some spare working boards.

I had a few in the past and I managed to fix them. These 2 machines have been sitting 20-25 years and the corrosion is horrendous. I pulled a chip and legs broke off. As I cleaned more broke off.

The other problem is j cant swap parts because one has the namco PCB and the other has the atari.

I started on the namco cab and followed the startech journal and installed a switcher. So my power is good. K hear the sou.d amp kick on but no garbage. Just blue screen.

I'm going to start on the other cab next but it's in worse condition inside because it was stored without a back door. So its nasty. I need to put a new bottom in it. The pcb has really bad acid damage.

Not being able to swap parts is a kicker. I'll keep lugging away.

Both were converted to pp2 btw. I have 1 spare atari pp1 pcb but its parts and no interconnect pcb.

I would be happy if j found a spare namco pcb. Even if it's just parts.

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:33 am

Gis. PM sent

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:26 am

ancientgames wrote:Good to hear from you Jason!

I know, right? I love hearing from myself too 8)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”