Demo Scene

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

fuzzyoddball
timbit
timbit

Demo Scene

Postby fuzzyoddball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:21 pm

So this may be a bit out of left field for this group.
But I am curious if anyone in the community knows anything about the Demo Scene?
Is there a site that releases new demo's for our favorite classic computers and consoles?
Heck even places for new titles for our aging systems.
I of late have been feeling the crunch on shareware finding classic free demo's relicenced and
now re-released for modern systems with the shareware unobtainable for the vintage system.

I have also been curious if systems like the Nuon or Gamewave had any demo's developed for them.

nes_pimp
loonie
loonie

Re: Demo Scene

Postby nes_pimp » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:18 am

I get free indie and homebrew games and demos off itch.io

Gameguy
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Gameguy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:58 am

You can buy old shareware disks and CDs to find demos for old systems, since they're apparently not available online anymore. They're still old games though, not exactly brand new releases for old systems.
Check out my stuff for sale!!!(click below)

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 am

People are making new original games for ColecoVision these days. Also people are disassembling ROMs for some of the arcade games of the era to get them to run on the CV as its hardware was similar to some of the arcade hardware of the day (it had a Z80 CPU) for as near an exact port as possible. Also a 'Super Game Module' addon is made by 'Opcode' to run more advanced games on it as well as new controllers made in the gamepad style, and then there's the whole 'CollectorVision' project which I believe is an FPGA re-creation of the console, but now we're in to the hardware side of things and I don't think I really answered the original question :D

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”