For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

John Jones
loonie
loonie

KB10 keyboard encoder can’t program

Postby John Jones » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:27 pm

UPDATE:
In the end, this ended up being a bad ground wire....took a bit to back figure what was going on as the wire was still connected but most of the strands in the wire had been cut and it must have been just enough for the signal to the encoder to be intermittent.

John

I have a Tokn kb10 encoder installed on a Dragons Lair Daphne cabinet. It used to control the buttons and joystick thru keyboard.
Recently I attempted to program a key using instruction on the web for the kb16 I saw as there wasn’t much info anyplace on the kb10. The info I found says you hit the scroll lock key to enter program mode then press the button you want to program then the key on keyboard you want emulated. It seemed like it worked and then after restarting computer this weekend none of the controls seem to work and I can’t seem to program.
Anyone familiar with this keyboard encoder that might be able to shed any light?

Worst case I might look at just replacing the encoder as it’s been around a while and not a lot of info online available.

Thanks
John
Fish Tales
Starship Troopers
Star Wars (with new rom)
Back to the Future
Baywatch
Simpsons Pinball Party
Black Knight 2000 project
Dragons Lair
Astrocity cab
Aliens Extermination arcade