Do you have any regrets from selling a cabinet?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Q B
stubby
stubby

Do you have any regrets from selling a cabinet?

Postby Q B » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:34 am

I saw one of my cabs I sold years ago on Facebook recently the Midway cab, all black. They are asking $1200 now down from $1500 with 500 in 1 or something. Just crazy to see it, so many years later.

My Regret tho is the SEGA NAC I sold for like $650 that one really stings. The Buyer was great person don't get me wrong, But yeah one of my biggest regret in life. I was just wondering if anyone had any regrets on here from selling

Sega Astro City 2.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Re: Do you have any regrets from selling a cabinet?

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:32 am

I think I bought your NAC from the person you sold it to in 2016. Your biggest mistake is my biggest reward. Just know I baby this NAC and play it often. Still have not cleaned off all the tape or drilled the coinbox though ;-)

My biggest cabinet regret is selling my childhood TurboGrafx-16 kiosk cabinet.

New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:53 am

c0nn0r wrote:I think I bought your NAC from the person you sold it to in 2016. Your biggest mistake is my biggest reward. Just know I baby this NAC and play it often. Still have not cleaned off all the tape or drilled the coinbox though ;-)

My biggest cabinet regret is selling my childhood TurboGrafx-16 kiosk cabinet.

oh man, that actually reminds me of 2 more regrets, This place by me called A&C games. had the sega dreamcast kiosk 10 years ago and was going to sell it to me for $500 i took to long, I think I see the person trying to unload it for 2k these days

also about 4 -5 years ago I had a buddy who was going to sell me his Blast City and made him hold on for a while but became busy in life and said ok i don't want to keep you waiting if you are going to sell it and told him go sell it, i think it was on here. That ish sold the next day. :cry:

Here are some photos of my NAC, I am not sure if you bought my old one because I never had tape etc unless you have liquid paper on the left side trying to cover the scuffs? or the person who bought it from me did some things to it that changed the condition I had it in...

:x :cry:
Sega Astro City 2.

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:29 pm

ooo I had one of those TG16 kiosks too from when Radio Shack was getting rid of them.... loved it!

sort of regret selling my R-Type.... I really needed the space but I miss my Sega Rally Twin a lot!

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:03 pm

I regret selling my Centipede cabaret. Crappy emulation does not play the same, darnit. :cry:

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:40 am

Q B wrote:
c0nn0r wrote:I think I bought your NAC from the person you sold it to in 2016. Your biggest mistake is my biggest reward. Just know I baby this NAC and play it often. Still have not cleaned off all the tape or drilled the coinbox though ;-)

Here are some photos of my NAC, I am not sure if you bought my old one because I never had tape etc unless you have liquid paper on the left side trying to cover the scuffs? or the person who bought it from me did some things to it that changed the condition I had it in...

OK, I don't have your NAC, but it is definitely someone's on here. I believe I'm the 3rd owner to have this particular unit on this forum.

COLD DEAD HANDS!
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”