What do candy cabs go for today?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Q B
stubby
stubby

What do candy cabs go for today?

Postby Q B » Fri May 01, 2020 6:13 am

I know Blast city's are a bit cheaper than NAC? I seen them around $1500 (blast city) is that the average?
What would a clean NAC go for today 2k? what would cgcc pay
lastly, any resources how to acquire one, it's seems pretty difficult to find any these days.
Sega Astro City 2.

Subpacket
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: What do candy cabs go for today?

Postby Subpacket » Sun May 03, 2020 8:17 pm

I picked mine up at an auction, but they are few and far between. I would probably hang out at a place like arcade oatku where you have a group of people where thats all they talk about...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Hrvat9
timbit
timbit

Postby Hrvat9 » Sat May 09, 2020 4:23 pm

Subpacket wrote:I picked mine up at an auction, but they are few and far between. I would probably hang out at a place like arcade oatku where you have a group of people where thats all they talk about...

Which auction?

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Sun May 10, 2020 11:23 am

Hrvat9 wrote:
Subpacket wrote:I picked mine up at an auction, but they are few and far between. I would probably hang out at a place like arcade oatku where you have a group of people where thats all they talk about...

Which auction?

Auctions largely went extinct back in 2013....
They were common for two decades prior to that though.
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon May 11, 2020 10:06 am

I bought my NAC in 2016 from a member on this forum. CDN$1200.

Came with a broken SF2 PCB
    1 2P6 panel, and 1 2P3 panel
    Slight yellowing on the speaker shroud
    JAMMA harness was screwed up, but fully functional
    Monitor in good condition (no burn)
    Some cosmetic issues on the cab itself from 20+ years of use. Patina, not damage.
    Has keys for CP and PCB bay
    No keys for coin door
    Movestrip inlay included
    A previous owner wrapped the cab in cellophane tape for shipping, which I have yet to remove. Too busy playing. I will do a full restore someday.

Story time:

I built my own standing arcade cabinet out of some spare 2x4s. It was a total hack job, but it worked decently. I was teased about it on a number of forums (including this one), but only lightly. Later I met a guy via Kijiji to purchase a Robocop PCB. Upon meeting I learned that he also had a New Astro City. I mentioned that I would be pleased to buy it if he ever sold. Found out that this guy was one of the same guys on this forum that I had been chatting with. A few years later he messaged me saying that he was selling and offered me first right of refusal. He cited my home-built cabinet as proof that it would be going to a good home. The deal was done at a fair price, and I am a happy guy.

New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”